Play-off semi-final 1st Leg - City 0 Cardiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it was more than evident a few players suffered from nerves, Hobbsy looking the worse.

Really? :102: I could see the nerves in King and Wellens, but Hobbs?!

He was head and shoulders above any other player for us. Won every header, made 3 or 4 goal saving challenges and pressurised them away from goal on several occasions too.

Really? :102: I could see the nerves in King and Wellens, but Hobbs?!

He was head and shoulders above any other player for us. Won every header, made 3 or 4 goal saving challenges and pressurised them away from goal on several occasions too.

Watch the highlights more than visible I can assure you. Some of his passing wayward. Personally thought he had an ok game but Bruce had a great game. Hobbs rarely won a header against Bothroyd and couldn't cope with Chopra's movement. You're exaggerating on the challenges, he made one and then Bruce did a corker of a double tackle in injury time.

Watch the highlights more than visible I can assure you. Some of his passing wayward. Personally thought he had an ok game but Bruce had a great game. Hobbs rarely won a header against Bothroyd and couldn't cope with Chopra's movement. You're exaggerating on the challenges, he made one and then Bruce did a corker of a double tackle in injury time.

I respectfully disagree. I can remember 3 one-on-one tackles off the op of me head.

One in the second half down the right wing where it looked like the striker had outpaced him. Another which was a brilliant sliding tackle in the first half which would almost certaintly given a one on one opportunity and another when Hobbs was the last man between the striker and the goal and Hobbs managed to just get across and another when he managed to get back and pressurise the attacker and Spearing cleared it up for him.

I can remember him losing about 2 headers all game and winning about 20.

His passing has never been his strong point, but I didn't see any particularly wayward passes from him in that game.

Funny how people can see different things in the same game. I thought he was absolutely immense today. :102:

By the way, I'm sorry for going to the game today :(

My curse continues, and I will stay away in future!

I thought both Hobbs and Bruce were superb today. but Bruce just shaded it for that last ditch tackle in the area. That would've been game over if he had mistimed it imo.

And it's things like that tackle that give us hope that there is still all to play for.

The fat lady isn't singing yet. She hasn't even had her pre-concert gargle yet.

We needed to play 442 at home with either Vaughan or Howard playing with Waggy. It will be interesting now we have to win away, usually pace up front is needed away from home (but i seem to remember Howard caused them problems at thier place), id start with Howard even go direct if/when we equilise then replace him with pace as they push forward. I was dissappointed with the tatics today but there were positives Bruce looked good, although Cardiff looked good going forward they didnt create much Id swap Morrison for Solano, considering hes an "expert with dead ball", he never shows it Morros a threat at corners.
i still think were in this game

Thanks for that Nigel, you tactically inept ****ing moron.

remind me someone ... whats our opponents hoolies called? cardiff summat crew innit?????????????????????????????????????

... aaaaaahhhhhhh SOUL, lako, that were it

cu-chung with fairweather bells on it

:064:

Last edited:
I must say I was very intoxicated when I posted that, however having just woken up I still feel a tad pissed off with the negative way in which we approached that game.

We gave away our home advantage and totally gave them the upper hand over the two legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669