Play-off semi-final 1st Leg - City 0 Cardiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange considering we didn't even look like scoring until he was on the pitch winning headers, laying balls off down the wing and creating a good chance for Gallagher.

Nah hes shite our Yann. Did **** all today...

However I would start Howard with Waggy on tues, as Yanns inconsistent, and Howard has the experience (though I'm sure 20 mins in when all hes done is foul, i'll be wishing the wild card played)

I agree with all of that

Thought Yann put himself about well today, and made a big diference

I agree with all of that

Thought Yann put himself about well today, and made a big diference
Exactly, the only thing I can criticise about him today was it was his clumsy foul which gave away the free kick...

And I was a right bag of nerves today, I was convinced that King header was going in :icon_cry:

Seeing the team formation I was annoyed tbh.
On paper it looks like a 4-3-3 but I've never actually seen it like that when it's on the pitch, and it proved again today with Waghorn stuck upfront by himself.

I thought first half(apart from the early stages) Cardiff over-ran our midfield quite easily. I thought all three of our midfielders had a poor 45 mins. Whether that was down to nerves I don't know. But it wasn't the best game for it to happen!

Dyer was poor for me as well.

Second half when we changed it and had two upfront we looked better.

Haven't seen anything of the game yet but my first thought on the free kick leading to the goal was that it wasn't. Super goal yes, but moving the ball forward three times to get a better angle takes the piss, and yes I know all teams do it, but that doesn't make it right. It's cheating. especially when the ref has moved it back to it's rightful place once.

Penalties: First appeal defo. How that wasn't given when thep layer was waving his arm in the air I'll never know. you raise your hands in the box and you run that risk.
The defender who climbed all over Kermit only for the ref to turn away from it and missed the (imo) fouling get worse was also a penalty for me.
The third one I've seen them given.

Jay Bothroyd......how that nasty peice of shit wasn't sent off I'll never know. Should've been booked inside the first few minutes for a bad challenge on Wellens, was lucky not to be booked for constant fouling he was penalised for before he actually got booked elbowing Jack Hobbs in the area(which imo was a red card at first glance) and then gobbing off when he again gave away a free kick shortly afterwards, he was lucky he had his captain there to tell him to calm down, when imo the ref should've booked him. I would've been fuming if one of our players behaved like that knowing he'd just been booked and lucky to have only seen yellow anyhoo.

I'm more disappointed with how we played first half than worried about Cardiff tbh, as I think we are very similar teams so don't really have owt to fear IF we get tactics right, which unfortunately NP didn't do today.

At least it means on Wednesday the team know they have to go out and attack from the start.
tbh NP might as well stick four strikers on from the start(Howard and Kermit upfront, Waggy and Gally outwide) with Fryatt and Dany on the bench to be brought on when we need them.

There's no point in being cautious at all. If we push at them and attack,attack,attack but still don't make it then you can't ask for more from them.
If those players want to get to Wembley then they've got to show it from the first minute.

Seeing the team formation I was annoyed tbh.
On paper it looks like a 4-3-3 but I've never actually seen it like that when it's on the pitch, and it proved again today with Waghorn stuck upfront by himself.

I thought first half(apart from the early stages) Cardiff over-ran our midfield quite easily. I thought all three of our midfielders had a poor 45 mins. Whether that was down to nerves I don't know. But it wasn't the best game for it to happen!

Dyer was poor for me as well.

Second half when we changed it and had two upfront we looked better.

Haven't seen anything of the game yet but my first thought on the free kick leading to the goal was that it wasn't. Super goal yes, but moving the ball forward three times to get a better angle takes the piss, and yes I know all teams do it, but that doesn't make it right. It's cheating. especially when the ref has moved it back to it's rightful place once.

Penalties: First appeal defo. How that wasn't given when thep layer was waving his arm in the air I'll never know. you raise your hands in the box and you run that risk.
The defender who climbed all over Kermit only for the ref to turn away from it and missed the (imo) fouling get worse was also a penalty for me.
The third one I've seen them given.

Jay Bothroyd......how that nasty peice of shit wasn't sent off I'll never know. Should've been booked inside the first few minutes for a bad challenge on Wellens, was lucky not to be booked for constant fouling he was penalised for before he actually got booked elbowing Jack Hobbs in the area(which imo was a red card at first glance) and then gobbing off when he again gave away a free kick shortly afterwards, he was lucky he had his captain there to tell him to calm down, when imo the ref should've booked him. I would've been fuming if one of our players behaved like that knowing he'd just been booked and lucky to have only seen yellow anyhoo.

I'm more disappointed with how we played first half than worried about Cardiff tbh, as I think we are very similar teams so don't really have owt to fear IF we get tactics right, which unfortunately NP didn't do today.

At least it means on Wednesday the team know they have to go out and attack from the start.
tbh NP might as well stick four strikers on from the start(Howard and Kermit upfront, Waggy and Gally outwide) with Fryatt and Dany on the bench to be brought on when we need them.

There's no point in being cautious at all. If we push at them and attack,attack,attack but still don't make it then you can't ask for more from them.
If those players want to get to Wembley then they've got to show it from the first minute.
Thats all well and good, but how was your meeting with Super Yann!?!

He's lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely.
And even better looking up close than he is on the pitch. And taller than I expected. I didn't say much as he's tbh too lush to do anything but stare at!( He'll be reading this thinking, that Oakley stalker is tapped in the head!)

And strangely enough when he was coming on my camera seemed to know he was topless on the bench:icon_lol:

Met up with his friend Pascal beforehand and had a bit of a chat about the game. Also met two Stade Francais players, the captain and a central defender I think, didn't quite catch their names but will go and have a nose on their website laters!

He's lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely.
And even better looking up close than he is on the pitch. And taller than I expected. I didn't say much as he's tbh too lush to do anything but stare at!( He'll be reading this thinking, that Oakley stalker is tapped in the head!)

And strangely enough when he was coming on my camera seemed to know he was topless on the bench:icon_lol:

Met up with his friend Pascal beforehand and had a bit of a chat about the game. Also met two Stade Francais players, the captain and a central defender I think, didn't quite catch their names but will go and have a nose on their website laters!
You've just made my day even worse. I could die of the jealousy

Well Stade Francais are a Rugby team....maybe BF means Stade Reims.

Disappointing. As I said I knew it would be one piece if class which seperates these sides. Tactically first poor we were poor but it was more than evident a few players suffered from nerves, Hobbsy looking the worse.

I can not understand why all of a sudden we have Premiership ref's (he was more bothered today about making sure a decision he made didn't get in the press for criticism. How is a Championship ref supposed to progress if the divisions big games are reffed by tosspots like Wiley?

Disappointing. As I said I knew it would be one piece if class which seperates these sides. Tactically first poor we were poor but it was more than evident a few players suffered from nerves, Hobbsy looking the worse.

I can not understand why all of a sudden we have Premiership ref's (he was more bothered today about making sure a decision he made didn't get in the press for criticism. How is a Championship ref supposed to progress if the divisions big games are reffed by tosspots like Wiley?

He was wank second half imo. First half didn't really have too many decisions to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669