Play-off semi-final 1st Leg - City 0 Cardiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange how people see things differently. I thought Dyer was not up to his usual standard, and neither were Wellens, King and Bruce.

Hobbs was outstanding, Berner and Waggy weren't far behind.

I just feel disappointed.

I'm looking forward to seeing the highlights on tv - were those handballs as clear as they looked from my angle?

Ditto. I thought Berner was very shaky today and not up to his normal self.

Wellens and King I agree looked nervous. Bruce was ok.

Waghorn, I didn't particularly think had a good game either. Not solely his fault as he looked isolated at times, but he wasn't enough of a threat and his positioning skills are still a bit weak imo.

Thought Gallagher played well myself.

Hobbs the best player on the park, by far though.

In this climate, £2million plus add ons is realistic.

For a young English player? :102:

I'd laugh at anyone who offered us £2mil.

I think we have to play Howard purely for the height factor. I think an early goal from us Wednesday will make it interesting, we need to be a lot more physical though. Its not over until the fat lady sings !!

Agree, I am a fan of Howards and think he should start, but I do sometimes worry that the other players resort too much to 'stick it up to Howard' when he's on the pitch. He's not incapable of playing it on the floor and surely the best balls to play to him are crosses but we never have enough of them in a match anyway. Of course I won't care if we score two route one goals on Wednesday.

Thanks for that Nigel, you tactically inept ****ing moron.

I don't think I could ever forgive Nigel for that.

Thanks for that Nigel, you tactically inept ****ing moron.

Tactically inept implies he never knows what he's doing.

He chose quite a defensive formation (partly enforced by injuries) and it was a very even match, which either team could have won 1-0.

Unbelievable!!! We make the playoffs when many thought we'd struggle to get mid table we lose one nil in the first leg to a great free kick and some of you are slagging off Pearson!!! It's a ****ing disgrace!!

Last edited:
I don't think I could ever forgive Nigel for that.

Sarcasm, right? Ffs! If we come back from this you'll be forgiving him alright on Wednesday.

It was Nigel's choice to play for a draw, it didn't work and we'll only find on Wednesday whether it was right or wrong I suppose

2nd leg team
weale
morrison
hobbs
bruce
berner
gallagher
king
wellens
n'guessan
fryatt
kermogant
1-2, aet 2-2-, pens 3-5

Last edited:
I thought N'guessen made a very positive impact when he came on. He certainly helped create chances and sort of offers more power when we're attacking. I think he deserves a start on Wednesday, although I'm not sure who should be dropped.

spearing, and dyer for danny and fryatt, move gallagher to left wing, danny on right

Calm down son. Your lads did the same, so you don't really have anything to crow about.

P.S. How has Jeff not banned you yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673