Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised at everyone's poor rating of Oakley, I thought at times he looked a class apart. Each to their own I guess.
Other standouts were Morrison, Gradel and Fryatt, who was excellent and looked sharper than he has for ages. Don't know how much of that was down to the opposition though, they were poor.

so it was just Radio leicester that thought tunchev was MOTM

everyone else thought he was hot & cold

Seemed casual at times.

But we kept a clean sheet so can't grumble too much.

I was impressed with morrison.

Morrison looked competent, i expected him to be the one that might go to sleep at times and be far from in control of how much space the opposition had from him.....wasn't the case

I recall once seeing a rating that went something like "10 out of 10. Had nothing to do and did it to absolute perfection".

perhaps you feel henderson needs to work on his idleness technique?:icon_wink

I think 5 for Henderson was harsh anyway. I thought his handling was ok.

Not going to rate them all, but can't see how you give Dickov more than Howard on today's performance (looks more like pre-conceptions of players).

The Fryatt/Howard partnership looked promising, positional awareness of one another was very good.

Dickov ran around, but didn't make any significant contribution today.

Maybe you're right. What I liked about Dickovs short stint was his attitude and desire like when he ran head on to stick his body in the line to that dangerous free kick they had and the way he chased down the centre halves and put them under pressure when they were o the ball. The wasp hasn't changed in that respect.

I can't remember seeing howard give the same comittment to the cause. Sometimes its not just about the work they do on the ball and how they link up with other players. For me Dickov deserves that extra .5 rating for this and Howard didn't. I agree though that Howard linked up better with fryatt but he had twice as much time on the pitch to do so.

Tunchev and Morrison were poor and scared me.

couldnt watch their men or clear high balls.

hope they gel.

Gradel impressed me, Howard did well (for him)

Oakley and King nothing

Fryatt, scored the goals what more do you want from a striker.

Gilbert did ok gong forward. dyer was usefless.

Dickov, as expected for a 35 yo trying to impress the fans.

overall all, gotta be worried with the performance, and I think we will struggle against better teams than a team who just got promoted (but saying that derby lost to donny). BUT i will take a season of 1-0/2-0 with poor performances and promotion

We need to sort out the corner kicks. Dyer was hopeless and that idea of the short corner to Gradel just doesn't work.

(I also thought that some of Mattock's passing was woerful ... prepares to be shot down).

I thought that was a decent performance for the first game with the promise of better to come. The new boys all looked ok, we don't seem to have signed any Lows or Kaebis this time. MK looked poor and we should really have had the game sewn up in the first half.

Henderson 6. Didn't really have much to do.
Mattock 6. Thought he had a decent enough game, looked to work well with Tunchev.
Tunchev 7. Again I thought he had a reasonable game, looked calm under pressure.
Morrison 7. Impressive debut for a young lad, good distribution.
Gilbert. 6.5. Good going forward in the first half at the expense of his defending. Better in the second half. Linked well with Gradel
Dyer. 5.5. Had a better first half, ran out of steam with 15/20 mins to go.
King. 5. Had a decent first half, disappeared in the second. Both CM's disappointing going forward.
Oakley. 6. Had an ok sort of a game, should either have pushed forward more or encouraged King to do so.
Gradel. 8. MoM. Tormented Lewington, v experienced player, right from the start. Needs to learn to get the ball in quickly sometimes.
Fryatt. 8. Good pen., in the right place for the second. Looked fitter than he did last season.
Howard. 6. Won a few headers but not really dangerous enough in the box. No pace whatsoever.

Dikov. Buzzed about like he does, unsurprising lack of understanding with the team.
Hobbs. Not on long enough to really judge but what he did was sound enough.

Why have you quoted Jessell when the quote links to A-Z?

eh? Are you another one of those who think Dickov passed to Fryatt for his second goal?

henderson.7 did what he had to do and looked good on crosses
Gilbert.5 did well going forward but got turned acouple of times and fell asleep on a free kick
Morrison.7 did very well for his first game at this level looks a good player
Tunchev.6 looked like he could do something stupid at anytime, fortunately he didnt
Mattock.6 attacked in the first half but offerd nothing going forward in the second, solid
Gradel.8 good skills and commitment just needs to work on his distribution
oakly.6 bossed the first half didnt see him in the second, but its an improvement
King.6 same as oakly good in the first nothing in the second
Dyer.5 great first 20mins then didnt really make an impact but showed potential
Fryatt.7 good goals, looked a different players from last season
Howard.6 good target man won his headers, we know he isnt the quikest player what do you expect?

Dickov.6 looked busy but didnt make a real impact except getting the crowd going
Hobbs. no time to make an impact

No offense meant to Beights or Sheffield, but, as good as your ratings sites are, I find these opinions a lot more useful than just pure statistics and I much prefer this format. Please keep it up!

Gotta have my 10p worth seeing as I actually got to a game! (Incidentaly the last win I saw was Watford 2-0 first game of the season. A good omen!)

This from the kop, SK2 row B

Henderson 7 Not much to do, but did it when required.
Gilbert 3 Very poor IMO. Looked out of his depth to me.
Morrison 7 Had a reasonable game. Needs to gel with the others.
Tunchev 6 Seemed to lack confidence.
Mattock 6 OK but I couldn't see what all the fuss is about.
Gradel 9 Well impressed wth him. Tenacious and didn't know what a lost cause was.
Oakley 7 Seemed to go quiet in the second half.
King 6 Ok went a bit quite 2nd half - Unfit?
Dyer 6 Only ok
Fryatt 7 Took goals well. This may be a better division for him.
Howard 7 Thuought OK Was surprised when taken off.

Dickov .6 Think h gee'd the crowd up which may have helped. Not much else
Hobbs Big Lad! No time to get into the game though

Overall a convincing performance that lost it's way thorugh the 2nd half. After a few games it might really start knitting together and we could destroy a few sides. Think it was a good result especially as MK were up for it and it was like their cup final. Could have been a banana skin. I am reasonably optimistic for the rest of the season.

Henderson 6 - Did what was required
Howard 6.5 - Held up the ball well, and linked up well with Fryatt. Apart from one effort though didn't really threaten the Don's goal

Howard was dreadful in my opinion. With finishes like those, he's not even cut out to play in this division. The way I see it, Dickov is our most talented 30 something striker, and we only really require one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669