Plymouth Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duzza said:
What I didnt understand yesterday was after about 15 minutes they went around and collected all the balls from the ball boys. They usually only do that with 10-15 minutes left if we are winning to slow things down. Unless it was a request form the 4th official/referee ???

If you use the multi-ball system it's supposed to last the whole match, we got banned from using it in the past for taking the spare balls before the end when we were trying to hang on to a lead. I noticed us 'cheating' by doing this a few weeks ago during the Reading match.

But that doesn't explain why it was stopped so early yesterday, I think they actually started calling the balls back about 5 minutes into the match, but it took them another 10-15 mins for the man to walk around the pitch to collect them all. Maybe the ref didn't want it but didn't tell anyone before the match.
I think the Premiership stopped using this system because of the amount of gamesmanship that went on.

If thats the case we have manipulated the system most of the season. I sit about 5 rows back from the front and have noticed in many games that the balls are recalled early if we are winning. The ball boys do an excellent job of turning it around quickly to our players and rolling it slowly to the opposition :icon_lol: In the past we have also recalled balls and then sent them back out after consceeding.

My only thought yesterday was that the ref stopped play for 2 balls being on the field quite early on and wondered if the ref had asked for them to be removed??

Duzza said:
My only thought yesterday was that the ref stopped play for 2 balls being on the field quite early on and wondered if the ref had asked for them to be removed??

Maybe that's what prompted it.

The ref actually got that wrong when there were two balls on the pitch. We'd already taken the throw when the second ball came back on, so he should have restarted the game with a drop ball, but he let us take the throw again.

FoxesGirl said:
Who was the little girl Williams took round the pitch at the end? She came from the Kop end:102:

His daughter,the child he and his Girlfriend had.Never mind though plenty more fish in the sea eh ?

FoxesGirl said:
Hang on... Daughter or Neice?:102: :icon_conf
Depends if you are from Norwich, in which case it doesn't matter

FoxesGirl said:
How do you know?

Do you just want to go out with a footballer? If so go down and watch Ratby and Groby on a Sunday morning, they provide a quite a lot of the academy players.

Duzza said:
Do you just want to go out with a footballer? If so go down and watch Ratby and Groby on a Sunday morning, they provide a quite a lot of the academy players.
Or go to fosse park foxesgirl, Im sure you will spot some there.;)

Its been said already, end of season game, coughed and spluttered all the way through.

My first game since February, I thought we at least tried to play it around a bit, but they defended in numbers and the midfield was crowded. I do think we were a bit over elaborate sometimes, trying one touch triangles when a chip over the top would have done better, Hume made some good diagonal runs but by the time the ball reached him he had stopped and was facing his own goal.

I thought Stearman looked just a bit shaky, I wonder if he is feeling the pace a bit or even believing his own press a bit too much. He's a good lad but he is still learning.

Nissa looked very comfortable at left centre back, Macarthy gets better every game. Fryatt and Hume have genuine quality and this partnership is the one we should build around IMO.

But we ground a result out of a messy game, something we couldnt do 6 months ago. At least we can move forward with a good deal of optomism, again something we couldnt do 6 months ago.

The game buggered me though, spent all day in bed on Sunday (which was nice) and watchd the cup-semi propped up with tea and bicci's. Good old Mrs M.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
I couldnt believe the amount of time Plymouth tried to waste yesterday. Even in the first half at nil nil they were taking an age to do anything.

Then they went one down and you had Chadwick chucking the ball away for our free kick with five minutes to play!!

It really was dull to see and it stopped the game getting any momentum.

mr yv was warned about their 'tactics' by a leeds fan who had seen them 'play'

Hume!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00