Portsmouth 72 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think he has instilled in them the desire to catch the ball in the area, foul a guy going nowhere on the edge of the area, leave a man completely unmarked as he runs into the area, 3 players to duck under a cross and 4 players to pull out of tackles to let Michael fecking Brown run through effortlessly?

I think he instils nothing in them. I don't think that as a manager he will get the respect of the players. I don't care if it were Ghandi standing in front of me, if I couldn't understand his team talk, I wouldn't have any confidence in him.

**** me! That was the single worst defensive display I have ever seen us put out, absolutely no doubt about it. The result actually flattered us if anything, our goalkeeper was by far and away our best player and not only that, it was against the team bottom of the league who are completely bankrupt and only have enough players to list 4 substitutes. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry by the end of it, just awful. Arguably the worst performance in living memory.

Last edited:
but to be fair, he is created an unsettled defence by always changing it. Morrison was dodgy against QPR and Hobbs is class even on a bad day. Victor is untried in the league and both came unstuck.

Simple and obvious errors that NP would never have made. If you have a kid in Morrison or Hobbs starting then an experienced head like Brown helps. Its not rocket science.

True, Pearson never had a heavy defeat or made mistakes, especially not against Forest away.

' "Someone is in line for a real beating" – Leicester City boss Paulo Sousa.'

Yes he will be if he ever comes near me....

True, Pearson never had a heavy defeat or made mistakes, especially not against Forest away.

Forest....team who challenged for a top 2 finish
Pompey...team who were bottom of the league going into the game.

Not sure why you feel the need to defend Sousa's team selection over NP. Their records at LCFC speak volumes.

Not sure why you feel the need to defend Sousa's team selection over NP. Their records at LCFC speak volumes.

I wish we had a forward line of Kitson, Nugent and Utaka

Not sure why you felt the need to compare them in the first place? Pearson isn't here. It would be a lot healthier for you to come to terms with that fact and stop remembering his time here with misguided spectacles.

but to be fair, he is created an unsettled defence by always changing it. Morrison was dodgy against QPR and Hobbs is class even on a bad day. Victor is untried in the league and both came unstuck.

Simple and obvious errors that NP would never have made. If you have a kid in Morrison or Hobbs starting then an experienced head like Brown helps. Its not rocket science.

I thought Vitor was excellent until the foul that led to his rather harsh sending off (he did make a real hash of the challenge though)

I thought Vitor was excellent until the foul that led to his rather harsh sending off (he did make a real hash of the challenge though)

maybe. Morrison was ok on saturday until their second goal too. We all see it differently but I cannot understand why Hobbs is not the first name on the team sheet....injuries aside.

Hobbs and Morrison had Wellens playing in front of them last season which, whereas this season we are trying to play a less defensive style, hence they become more exposed

I have to be honest here, my dad cracked a joke when they scored 5 and I laughed a little, does that make your blood boil?

Did your Dad say Beighton155 is a Portsmouth Fan, or sing 'he's coming home' to you to make you smile?

It doesn't make my blood boil - I'd rather the Pimpey twats get what they want... Should see them totally out of business this time.

maybe. Morrison was ok on saturday until their second goal too. We all see it differently but I cannot understand why Hobbs is not the first name on the team sheet....injuries aside.

I was surprised it was not Vitor and Hobbs tonight. It dies look like the kids need an old head like Brown or Bruce to guide them. We are really short of leaders on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669