Post WBA...

success or not?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

N block success or not?

Overall, I hope it succeeds. This week however, it was very quiet. Having said that, so was L1. The only noise seemed to come from the kop and the Baggies.

Sorry guys. I really hope this works out for you, but this week, I'm afraid it didn't.

Well I voted 'yes' because my lot were able to stand up and sing for the whole match again without being told to sit down and shut up. They had a whale of a time again, so in my mind, it was successful.

I know many of you seem to be judging by whether you could hear N block or not, but in all honesty, Mr mg said they couldn't hear any other section of the ground except for the Kop when there was the penalty appeal, as they were making so much noise themselves.

They've been told that the singing section will continue for the rest of the season bar the Derby game, so it looks like the trial has been a success.

I was in p block with my daughter, and was 1, very impressed with the atmosphere generated by n block and 2, made the rest of the people around more susceptable to giving a bit of vocal support themselves which on the whole has got to be a good thing. Against WBA which helped because it was in itself a good game the sound was pretty incessant. Fantastic idea, great effort by all those involved and long may it continue.

Wel let's hope so.

I really don't want to get into an "our lot were better than your lot" thing, but the whole idea behind the singing section was (see os for details), to improve the atmosphere in the stadium, and whilst I am pleased that it has enhanced the matchday experience of the people concerned, the operative words here, I think, are atmosphere and stadium, so to that end, I don't think it has been a success, however, as I have said before, that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't be.

Well I voted 'yes' because my lot were able to stand up and sing for the whole match again without being told to sit down and shut up. They had a whale of a time again, so in my mind, it was successful.

I know many of you seem to be judging by whether you could hear N block or not, but in all honesty, Mr mg said they couldn't hear any other section of the ground except for the Kop when there was the penalty appeal, as they were making so much noise themselves.

They've been told that the singing section will continue for the rest of the season bar the Derby game, so it looks like the trial has been a success.

dont get me wrong im happy and pleased it is working out and well done to the people that sorted it all out :038: :038: but it should be part of the kop and let the kop stand but oh no we get jumped on if we do ,im just wondering how long it will be before thay start to make people sit again :102:

TBH, I didnt seem successful from the Kop where I enjoyed a good atmosphere. I think it proves the ground doesnt have the best acoustics.

i agree it dont help with the west stand poeple just siting there doing nothing if the whole place could sing/chant as one im sure it would be loads better so should there be 2 N block type places to try and get the west stand doing somthing

im just wondering how long it will be before thay start to make people sit again :102:

Once the safety people start to dig their heels in and tell the club that they must conform to the legislation, at which point, the club will turn round and say that they have never condoned standing and that N block has merely been designated as a singing section.

The stewards will then be rebriefed (?) and N block will be sat down along with the rest.

Or am I just being cynical

I like it, and it does improve the atmosphere for me, where I sit.

But, although I'm in P1, only some 15 seats from N block, it does still sound oddly muted. More singing while facing the pitch or even other suporters would probably help. And get some sustained chants going - then you'll get more of the North stand joining in.

I hope it works out, but I didn't hear them once on Saturday. Heard L1 and the away fans, but not N block.

I could only see 6 or 7 people stood at the top, looked shit.

IMO Bringing N block to the Kop would be best, which hopefully (I don't mean any offense by this what so ever) will turn the Kop back to the way it should be, without anyone moaning.

IMO Bringing N block to the Kop would be best, which hopefully (I don't mean any offense by this what so ever) will turn the Kop back to the way it should be, without anyone moaning.
That is the only sensible thing to do. Stands don't need to be moved, away fans don't need to be moved. Just get the Kop singing more and louder

That is the only sensible thing to do. Stands don't need to be moved, away fans don't need to be moved. Just get the Kop singing more and louder

Too late - that would mean kicking people out of their ST seats that they have held since the Walkers opened

It's all the fault of club when the stadium was opened - one section should have been identified as being the new home of the old kopites. They are now scattered all over the ground.
Now we have some people singing in the kop, a small group singing in L1 and a small group singing (so they say :icon_wink ) in N Block

All a bit crap, really

As someone who doesn't sit in either the Kop, L1 or N1, I think it does contribute to the overall sound levels - so I say keep it up.....:102:

From where I sit, I can hear them just as much as any other area of support.

As someone who doesn't sit in either the Kop, L1 or N1, I think it does contribute to the overall sound levels - so I say keep it up.....:102:

From where I sit, I can hear them just as much as any other area of support.

With you there Bob, can't do any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670