Pre-Season Friendlies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard reports that trouble could happen at Kilmarnock.

Keep your wits about you.

Rangers are playing Chelsea on the same day.

What has Chelsea playing in Glasgow got to do with the chances of trouble at Kilmarnock?

It's 29 minutes down the road - that's never stopped fans fighting in the likes of Loughborough when a few fans are in the area.

Kilmarnock is over twice as far from Glasgow as Loughborough is from Leicester - and its not on the route for Chelsea fans.

Last time we were at Kilmarnock there wasn't a hint of trouble - except from one City fan from Cheltenham who had imbibed a little too much and a little too often. If you have any real indication that there will be trouble at the match, I trust that you have spoken to the Football Liaison Officer about it.

Kilmarnock is over twice as far from Glasgow as Loughborough is from Leicester - and its not on the route for Chelsea fans.

Last time we were at Kilmarnock there wasn't a hint of trouble - except from one City fan from Cheltenham who had imbibed a little too much and a little too often. If you have any real indication that there will be trouble at the match, I trust that you have spoken to the Football Liaison Officer about it.

I suspect if there was to be any trouble, it would be towards Glasgow. I should of worded my original post better.

I suspect if there was to be any trouble, it would be towards Glasgow. I should of worded my original post better.

Or perhaps you should have instructed your imagination not to run riot.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested

Barcelona are in Scotland at the same time

Thursday 26th July - Dundee United - 8pm
Saturday 28th July - Hearts (Murrayfield) - 4pm

So the Dundee V Barca game could be a possibility for any City there

....and if you fancy a game on the Sunday
Newcastle have Juve at home 3pm kick-off

Last edited:
Boc, you got any info on the Oadby game? Will it just be pay on the door like the Quorn game is? :102:

No travel info required for this one though. ;)

Boc, you got any info on the Oadby game? Will it just be pay on the door like the Quorn game is? :102:

No travel info required for this one though. ;)

I haven't even seen a confirmation of the Oadby game.

I'll have a look around.

From last nights Mercury andhttp://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/detail...513131&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

Leicester City boss Martin Allen is now looking forward to seeing his players in action after a “magic” first week of pre-season.

City have scheduled games at Oadby Town and Quorn on Saturday, and both will be “senior” fixtures with new signings on view.

Rather than have a first or second string, as is usually the case in matches like these, Allen said:
“It will be a mixture of everybody, and the reason for that is that I want to see them all play.
“I will start at one game and then go to the other one so that, by Saturday night, I will have seen them all.”

The Oadby clash kicks off at 1pm, the Quorn game at 3pm, so it will be some going for Allen.
(article continues)

Just read that in the paper yesterday and thought wouldn't mind popping down as it will be a good hangover cure and is only 10 mins away for me.

Last edited:
does anyone know if you will be able to pay on the gate for the notts county game? i know its possibly too early to ask and it doesnt mention it on the os

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669