Pre-Season Friendlies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody remember the last time that City had two pre-season games at home? I don't think it has happened in the time that I have been supporting them.

we had that disastrous (from an attendance point of view) Pepsi tournament at the walkers in 2004 when we played East Bengal and Real Majorca over 2 days and Martimo were also involved

we had that disastrous (from an attendance point of view) Pepsi tournament at the walkers in 2004 when we played East Bengal and Real Majorca over 2 days and Martimo were also involved

It was so empty that you could walk around the stands whilst the games were on. I think i watched the 2nd half of one particular game in all 4 stands. :icon_bigg

And from a finance point of view too. It cost us £2million!

At least I was able to tell Uriah Rennie what I thought of him.
:098:

which was?

One of my favourite footballing moments was during our game at Ewood Park near the start of the 98/99 season when both Blackburn fans and City fans were singing, "You're not fit to referee", to the pompous twat at exactly the same time.

One of my favourite footballing moments was during our game at Ewood Park near the start of the 98/99 season when both Blackburn fans and City fans were singing, "You're not fit to referee", to the pompous twat at exactly the same time.

The same thing happened this season, think it was Colchester away.

No it didn't. The club made a loss on it, but not that much.

Well I was this by someone inside the club, a very reliable source and someone who would have definitely known the exact figures. So I'm going to stand by that figure.

2 million :icon_eek: your having a tin :icon_roll
as webbo said im sure we lost money as the attendance was pathetic (mind you so was the football) but nothing more than thousands :018:

They probably did maths along the lines of "if we'd sold out we'd have made £x million, however as we only sold x tickets we missed out on £2million we could have made"

Edit: though I am aware that even selling out completely for the two days probably wouldn't make £2million

Last edited:
So it's your fault then. If you and 60,000 of your mates had bought tickets we wouldn't have lost '£2 million'. Although we'd have had to hire a bigger ground to fit everyone in.

Yes, it's all my fault, apologies to everyone. :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670