Pre-Season Friendlies

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are playing Cambridge United away on the 6th of July but nothin on official site yet. I assume this will be the players that dont play against pompey

We are playing Cambridge United away on the 6th of July but nothin on official site yet. I assume this will be the players that dont play against pompey

Will Cambridge be playing at the Abbey Stadium for this? I seem to remember they sold the ground and the lease was due to expire this summer.

Will Cambridge be playing at the Abbey Stadium for this? I seem to remember they sold the ground and the lease was due to expire this summer.

They are still at the Abbey, will go to this one as it's local for me.

i think there all shi.t apart from pompey... IM GOIN TO THAT!

I'm pleased to hear about that. I would be embarrassed to think that somebody like you could be going away.

So how come people know about these friendlies when they're not actually on the officiual site? :102:

They are on the official site.

The Cambridge United match hasn't been mentioned on the official site but it is on Cambridge's site and has been mentioned in the press.

Last edited:
The Cambridge United match hasn't been mentioned on the official

I was assuming it hasn't been mentioned because it's probably a "Leicester City XI" type fixture, with a mixture of youth and reserve players and maybe triallists, rather than a first team match. This type of fixture generally doesn't get the same kind of publicity from the club, even though the opponents might bill it as a big match.

the cambridge fixture as been listed on leicesters teletext page for awhile now aswell as the pompey fixture

I was assuming it hasn't been mentioned because it's probably a "Leicester City XI" type fixture, with a mixture of youth and reserve players and maybe triallists, rather than a first team match. This type of fixture generally doesn't get the same kind of publicity from the club, even though the opponents might bill it as a big match.

As I suggested when I added to the original post in this thread. It is after the "headline" Portsmouth fixture and only 6 days before the first game of the Championship season. It will not involve any players who it is intended to start with on the following Saturday.

anyone going the mansfield game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69