Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comms from the club have been getting worse and worse for years now. As long as supporters get a beer every now and again, they don't appear to care about much else.

If you're not interested in their wanky social media style bollocks, you really have a hard time working out anything that the club is up to. They are completely silent most of the time.

Nobody in a position of authority ever speaks anything other than waffle. For example, we've taken out yet another loan against our TV income this week -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04593477/filing-history

We've spent the last couple of seasons taking out massive loans. Nobody asks the club why and the club sure as shit aren't speaking.

I'm much more concerned with this sort of thing than the preseason plans but the same principle applies.

Don't worry, the Merc has you covered

Some clubs back in next week.

Blimey, we'll still be thinking about the last game.

New fixtures to be released no later than Friday 21st August

New fixtures to be released no later than Friday 21st August
I’m usually excited for the new fixture list so I can start plotting my away trips and seeing where I get to spend my Boxing Day etc.

It’s just not going to have the same feeling this time round.

I’m usually excited for the new fixture list so I can start plotting my away trips and seeing where I get to spend my Boxing Day etc.

Spoler alert!
You’ll spend your Boxing Day at home

Same. Couldn’t get into the football when it restarted, so have a similar feeling.

Some clubs back in next week.

Blimey, we'll still be thinking about the last game.
Speaking of which, I wonder how many of our players might be in locations that require them to quarantine for 14 days on their return.

It’s a bit of a worry that the season is starting in 4 weeks. Firstly, because we aren’t going to have much of a pre season. Secondly, because we need to quite obviously improve our team in almost every area and integrate those players properly. Finally, because I really can’t stomach much more of this empty ground bollocks we are calling football. Personally I think it should all be sacked off until next year.

If you stick around for Clitheroe or the Forest of Bowland it's well worth it - definitely not a town to visit and only see the town though

I was in a meeting down that way and someone from another company asked "what is Burnley like?" "Clitheroe isn't bad" was the closest anyone got to a compliment.

Remember when it was wet Tuesday night in Stoke? How times change
I remember a wet Saturday game at Burnley. Abandoned after 17 minutes. I was away from home for 20 hours for those 17 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566