Status
Not open for further replies.
New song for Premiership fans
"You're going down with the Liverpool
down with the Liverpool
You're going down with the Liverpool "

That doesn't scan.
'Down with the Scousers' maybe

The league will find a way to make sure Liverpool don't get relegated, there are a lot of penalty decisions that can yet be given out.

The Prem league say they will not be docked points if they go into admin.

The Prem league say they will not be docked points if they go into admin.

No they haven't. If Liverpool FC go into administration they will be docked points. But they won't go into administration. It's the holding company that owns Liverpool FC that could go into administration, and that would be treated the same as it was when West Ham's holding company went into administration. Maybe one of our accountant types could explain why they have a holding company - is it for tax reasons?

I believe something similar happened at Derby a few years ago when the bank took control of the club and immediately sold it to someone else.

No they haven't. If Liverpool FC go into administration they will be docked points. But they won't go into administration. It's the holding company that owns Liverpool FC that could go into administration, and that would be treated the same as it was when West Ham's holding company went into administration. Maybe one of our accountant types could explain why they have a holding company - is it for tax reasons?

I believe something similar happened at Derby a few years ago when the bank took control of the club and immediately sold it to someone else.

Isn't that what happened to Southampton when they went into administration? IIRC didn't the football league say that as the only asset of the holding company was the football club itself then they were effectively one and the same thing and docked them points anyway?

I'm not saying this is the same scenario, just think it is still possible for the authorities to dock points even if it's the holding company rather than the club that goes into admin

Probably depends on whether the holding company has other assets or not.

The rules should be very clear (I'm not saying they aren't) and in my opinion should extend to any holding company's regardless of where they are based.

Probably depends on whether the holding company has other assets or not.

The rules should be very clear (I'm not saying they aren't) and in my opinion should extend to any holding company's regardless of where they are based.

Absolutely, I think I'm right in saying that in Saints case it was shown that the holding company had no assets other than the club. As I said, it's not necessarily the same case here, just that I'm not sure it's as simple as to say that as it is the parent company in administration then the club won't be docked points.

As Kop Holdings' only concern is Liverpool FC then the deduction is very possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00