Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis Bergkamp was on Talksport last week saying his goal at Newcastle in 2002 was his best ever goal, imo the one at Filbert St in the 3-3 draw was better

Much better than Wilshere's.

Aren't opinions fun!

Adrian Durham pointed out that maybe the fact that people consider a hoof and punt better than an intricately worked goal says a lot about where our national team is. I tend to agree with him.

Adrian Durham pointed out that maybe the fact that people consider a hoof and punt better than an intricately worked goal says a lot about where our national team is. I tend to agree with him.

To summarise that goal as a hoof and a punt is absolutely ridiculous Matt. If that's what you honestly think of that goal then I despair. Wilshere's goal was fantastic, but you could equally say two of the flicks were people sticking their leg in the air and it fortunately going to one of their players. In truth both goals were fantastic, but you seem to have fallen for Durham's penchant for saying things to spark debate and wind people up.

Yeah, because Van Basten and the Dutch were known for their hoof football.

Moments of magic like Kasami's goal are complete one-offs. Just because it was a very hopeful effort doesn't make it any less special when it happens.

I think that people are just looking for another reason to complain if they really believe that admiration of isolated incidents is derived in any way whatsoever from the style of football that our national team plays. If you think that the Spaniards and Brazilians wouldn't appreciate Kasami's goal then I believe you're very much mistaken.

I thought Wilshere's goal was great. But I'd much rather have personally scored Kasami's. And I'm more likely to rewatch it.

For the record, Adrian Durham is a moron.

Plus, as stated, Wilshere said Kasami's was better.

But I guess that sums up everything that is wrong with English footballers and their attitudes.

He smokes too.

Plus, as stated, Wilshere said Kasami's was better.

But I guess that sums up everything that is wrong with English footballers and their attitudes.

He smokes too.

So because Wilshere said it was so, it must be? Kasami's was a great individual effort, but there was far more team skill involved in Wilshere's. It doesn't matter at the end of the day.

So there was no skill in Reither spotting a player from 60 yards away? It was a pass, not a hoof. The pass was directed towards Kasami.

Course there was, I still think it was more optimistic though. Like I said, it's all opinions that don't mean a thing, I'd just much rather see Wilshere's goal again than Kasami's. I haven't watched Crouch's very similar goal again either.

So because Wilshere said it was so, it must be? Kasami's was a great individual effort, but there was far more team skill involved in Wilshere's. It doesn't matter at the end of the day.

No. It doesn't mean that "it must be".

As I said "Plus" I was just adding to my argument.

Either way, it seems you're in the minority (well, you and Adrian...).

No. It doesn't mean that "it must be".

As I said "Plus" I was just adding to my argument.

Either way, it seems you're in the minority (well, you and Adrian...).

Not really quite a few people in the game and that I know reckon Wilshire's to be the best in premier league history.

Course there was, I still think it was more optimistic though. Like I said, it's all opinions that don't mean a thing, I'd just much rather see Wilshere's goal again than Kasami's. I haven't watched Crouch's very similar goal again either.

Personally I think the technique in Kasami's out of this world. He's going away from goal but he stops himself from leaning back. He performs it all in one movement. Bit like Bergkamp's great goals, there's an element of it that he's pre-planned as he makes the run. Arsenal's goal is certainly reactive, though that doesn't make it any worse.

It was impossible to defend (Mariappa did what a defender is told, push the player away from the goal). Whereas there were elements of Wilshere's goal which could have been defended better.

Worth mentioning the chest control too whilst running, absolutely sublime imo and something I would never have a chance of being able to do myself whereas I could easily stick a leg out for a flick in the run up to Wilshire's goal.

Wilshire's was good but I did feel disappointed seeing it on MOTD after all the bigging up it had.

3-0 to United at Fulham after 20 mins. They're going to have to score one more if they are to match us.

(and they will)

Sunderland trying to forfeit the game by getting all their players sent off by the looks of things :081:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00