Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were looking at a potential Man U penalty in the first half. It was clearly not a penalty and yet they must have looked at it 20 times before they decided against giving it. It felt like they were desperate for it to be a penalty, despite being nothing like one.

Sounds par for the course. I didn't watch though so I'm assuming the Palace one must have been absolutely blatant in order for them to get it?

Sounds par for the course. I didn't watch though so I'm assuming the Palace one must have been absolutely blatant in order for them to get it?
In fairness, I think it was harsh. I understand that it could be given, but I don’t think it was a pen.

According to the rules it’s a definite Pen

The rules, however, are a load of complete toss

It wasn’t suspect at all, it had to be given

Why?

The current handball law:

It is an offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
  • after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
    • scores in the opponents’ goal
    • creates a goal-scoring opportunity

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
    • the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
    • the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

• directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
  • directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
  • if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger
  • when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body

No ****er can defend.

I reckon we should go full on Catenaccio this season and just hit the stupid ****s on the counter.

Why?

The current handball law:

It is an offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
  • after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
    • scores in the opponents’ goal
    • creates a goal-scoring opportunity

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
    • the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
    • the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

• directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
  • directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
  • if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger
  • when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body
Jesus ****in christ

Results like that just add to my irritation about how meek we were against MU etc last season.

Results like that just add to my irritation about how meek we were against MU etc last season.

And this season I'm sure

This should be a retrospective ban - how can this not be picked out on? Or is it different rules for Man Utd players . . .

Is there a worse left back in the PL than Jamal Lewis? I think I'd rather have Konchesky.

Pop - are you watching him being absolutely destroyed by Brighton?

Is there a worse left back in the PL than Jamal Lewis? I think I'd rather have Konchesky.

Pop - are you watching him being absolutely destroyed by Brighton?

He is indeed seriously shite

Chelsea buy a super player like Werner, then stick him as wide on the left as they possibly can with no one actually playing through the middle

It has really been quite stunning to watch

What a complete clown Lampard is

Chelsea buy a super player like Werner, then stick him as wide on the left as they possibly can with no one actually playing through the middle

It has really been quite stunning to watch

What a complete clown Lampard is

Remember that he was playing Kante as the furthest forward midfielder.

Then he subs his £75m superstar to keep Mount on the pitch.

Lampard is without doubt, the least qualified man to manage a top PL side ever. They've spent a fortune and won't improve one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363