Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Radio 5 on. Following their build up, the commentators' attempts to sell this absolute pup are hilarious

Doesn’t this happen every year with this match? Hype overload, leading to shite.
Not just this match. Plenty of the Man City/Liverpool "showdowns" ended up as predictable snore festivals. Ditto most cup finals etc.

Modern football is essentially an exercise in cowardice when it comes to the big confrontations. Everyone crippled by fear of losing. I ****ed todays game off at half time & went for a walk I'm only just back from as it was ****ing obvious nothing was going to happen.

Guess which team the presenter doesn't mention at all when looking at the top 4 after that slog.

Not just this match. Plenty of the Man City/Liverpool "showdowns" ended up as predictable snore festivals. Ditto most cup finals etc.

Modern football is essentially an exercise in cowardice when it comes to the big confrontations. Everyone crippled by fear of losing. I ****ed todays game off at half time & went for a walk I'm only just back from as it was ****ing obvious nothing was going to happen.
I switched over to the build up to the NFL. Can’t beat a bit of Jerry Rice :055:

I switched over to the build up to the NFL. Can’t beat a bit of Jerry Rice :055:
Lost interest in the NFL when losing my job meant I had to stop betting on it. I'm afraid I regard it as akin to horse racing in that it only exists for betting purposes.
I don't enjoy the actual sport, just the data driven nature of it made it good to bet on.

Lost interest in the NFL when losing my job meant I had to stop betting on it. I'm afraid I regard it as akin to horse racing in that it only exists for betting purposes.
I don't enjoy the actual sport, just the data driven nature of it made it good to bet on.
I used to bet on it a bit, but don’t bet at all now (just stopped).

I play fantasy NFL with a few mates though, we’ve been doing it for years and this has replaced the betting. It really adds a level of competition.

I do enjoy the game too though, so that helps.

I used to bet on it a bit, but don’t bet at all now (just stopped).

I play fantasy NFL with a few mates though, we’ve been doing it for years and this has replaced the betting. It really adds a level of competition.

I do enjoy the game too though, so that helps.

Go and discuss which steroid fueled nutter has the shiniest helmet elsewhere: https://talkingballs.uk/threads/american-football.39650/

This thread is for real football talk.

Come on Palace!

Yes. Most football matches are shit. That's the charm of the game and why, thankfully, Americans don't get it.
I get that a lot of football matches are shit. I’m disputing the “real football” definition, though. Today’s game (and most modern games) are a long way from what I’d call real football, sadly.

Modern day football chat.

Modern day football chat.
What a boring ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472