Premier League 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think of Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan as the owner of the company that owns Man City or as a member of a royal family in the country where a British football coach has recently been sentenced to 25 years for vape liquid and is allegedly being tortured? A billionaire football owner or a high-ranking politician in a country whose laws currently allow for the death penalty for apostasy and homosexuality?

Ask 100 people for honest answers. Now you know sports washing.
Yeah, I get that, but I doubt he cares about the opinion of those 100 people. People are citing sports washing as the motive for the take over, but I can't see the adoration of football fans across the world being very influential?

Yeah, I get that, but I doubt he cares about the opinion of those 100 people. People are citing sports washing as the motive for the take over, but I can't see the adoration of football fans across the world being very influential?
The biggest form of entertainment in the west...

Sky etc have been wanking themselves over them too.

I've found the lack of criticism by Sky really disgusting. On Sunday, Jamie Redknapp was going on about how fans don't care who owns the club. Well they fecking did until a week before because we never heard the end of it with Mike Ashley did we?

Then on Monday Night Football last night, they start the discussion of Newcastle by saying that the issues relating the new ownership will be discussed later in the programme, meanwhile lets go on relentlessly about the positives. It stank.

Some journalists are doing a good job. Adam Crafton on the Athletic has written superbly. Miguel Delaney at the Independent too. But there are clear differences between journalists which suggests that there are plenty that are either too close to the club to rock the boat or their publication is dependent on Saudi money in some way.

It's just like Man City. There are very few who write critically. Man City have a history of banning journalists who say anything negative and go out of their way to give advantageous access to those who fawn over them. The same will be happening at Newcastle.

The positive publicity linked to PL football is difficult to quantify. Just in the USA at the moment, there is a bidding war for PL TV rights which could be worth £3bn for a 9 year deal. Things such as positive Saudi Arabia stories being beamed into millions of American homes is really what sportswashing is all about.

Doesn't matter if you make it 100,000. Same result. Ask the millions who suddenly became Man City fans when AguerooOOOOOOO scored in the 404th minute the total number of ****s they give about human rights in the UAE.

Or gigantic media corporation Sky, whose entire roster of employees are contractually bound to publicly suck their dicks at every opportunity. Ask them.

No, they should pay the going rate and give us the best chance of competing at the top end of the table / competitions.

It's a very slippery slope when football fans become happy for their billionaire owners to use their clubs as adverts to get richer.

If you want to the club to grow then it's important they are on a level playing field.

The owners have done very well indeed out of Leicester City as well.
That's your opinion and I respect it, if someone told me 10 years ago that a new owner would come in clear all the debt buy the ground back and we would get promoted win the premier league win the FA cup win the charity shield play in the champions league play in the European league and be pushing for the top 4 regularly, plus build a £100 million pound training ground, expand the stadium, also donate millions to local causes whilst also giving away food and drink to the supporters regularly, freeze season ticket prices year after year. BUT the price you pay is they use their own company as the main sponsor but don't pay the going rate I'd take it every single time.

Imagine we could of got the owners of, Birmingham, Cardiff, Derby, QPR, WBA etc, I think if Carlsberg did football club owners it would be ours...

That's your opinion and I respect it, if someone told me 10 years ago that a new owner would come in clear all the debt buy the ground back and we would get promoted win the premier league win the FA cup win the charity shield play in the champions league play in the European league and be pushing for the top 4 regularly, plus build a £100 million pound training ground, expand the stadium, also donate millions to local causes whilst also giving away food and drink to the supporters regularly, freeze season ticket prices year after year. BUT the price you pay is they use their own company as the main sponsor but don't pay the going rate I'd take it every single time.

Imagine we could of got the owners of, Birmingham, Cardiff, Derby, QPR, WBA etc, I think if Carlsberg did football club owners it would be ours...
10 years ago the club was owned by King Power

Doesn't matter if you make it 100,000. Same result. Ask the millions who suddenly became Man City fans when AguerooOOOOOOO scored in the 404th minute the total number of ****s they give about human rights in the UAE.

Or gigantic media corporation Sky, whose entire roster of employees are contractually bound to publicly suck their dicks at every opportunity. Ask them.

Football's about fans. No to the superleague. The greedy ****s etc etc.....

Seems so long ago. All about where the money goes innit. **** them all, i just hope we're not bought out by another dodgy nation before the super league finally happens.

WARNING: Some mindless BN speculation follows.

I've thought for a few years that if our owners develop the club to be big enough to compete long term in the top half of the PL, their 'out' will be selling us on to Chinese investors.

We have had a Chinese director since 2012 (Lui Shilai), a mysterious Beijing businessman who has run various investment companies. Despite multiple changes in our directors, he's been a consistent name.

I think KP are here for some years to come but they're protecting their investment quite cleverly by owning the infrastructure rather than having it in the clubs name and loading the club with debt. I'm sure the day will come when they cash in and, when they do, I can see us becoming a Chinese plaything.

When you're rich enough and you already have everything money can buy, it pays off to buy yourself influence. Saudi Arabia have bought themselves 100s of thousands, if not millions in the future, of people to brush their atrocities under the carpet. Saudi Arabia also want to compete with the UAE and Qatar, whom they have somewhat of a rivalry with.

Winning stuff might not even be that important. The windows have been cleaned!!!! Tomorrow the bins will go out and someone might have Henry pick up some dust.20211019_214917.jpg

The club said Bruce’s assistant, Graeme Jones, would take caretaker charge for Saturday’s game at Crystal Palace; Jones may remain on the coaching staff long term. He will be supported by the coaches Steve Agnew, Stephen Clemence, Ben Dawson and Simon Smith and the amazing dancing bear.
And Dusty Bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469