Premier League 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne74

What is the sanction for administration these days? I can see Chelsea’s assets being seized and the club being put into admin as part of a package of sanctions against wealthy Russian billionaires.
Please let that happen, though Newcastle will probably buy their entire squad

Hector

What is the sanction for administration these days? I can see Chelsea’s assets being seized and the club being put into admin as part of a package of sanctions against wealthy Russian billionaires.
With this government, I doubt it.

fitz

Has Roman made any donations to a political party? The sanctions made already would suggest he might have done.

jb5000

Certainly won’t happen with the piddling sanctions announced by our government so far.
Certainly should.

Payne74

Football has no morals so nothing will happen, unless you are skint then you will get sanctioned and fined

jb5000

Tbf, it does look like St Petersburg will lose the Big Cup final tomorrow. That’s only a start, but it is a start

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
British lawyers will make sure that never happens

OldGit

Did he not cease to be a Russian citizen a few years back?

Brown Nose

From Wiki:

Abramovich was the first person to recommend to Yeltsin that Vladimir Putin be his successor as the Russian president.[50]: 135  When Putin formed his first cabinet as Prime Minister in 1999, Abramovich interviewed each of the candidates for cabinet positions before they were approved.[33]: 102  Subsequently, Abramovich would remain one of Putin's closest confidants. In 2007, Putin consulted in meetings with Abramovich on the question of who should be his successor as president; Medvedev was personally recommended by Abramovich.[50]: 135, 271 

Chris Hutchins, a biographer of Putin, described the relationship between the Russian president and Abramovich as like that between a father and a favourite son. Abramovich has said that when he addresses Putin he uses the Russian language's formal "вы" (like Spanish "usted", German "Sie", Italian "lei" or French "vous"), as opposed to the informal "ты" (Spanish "tú", German "du", Italian "tu" or French "tu"). Abramovich says that the reason is 'he is more senior than me'.[51] Within the Kremlin, Abramovich is referred to as "Mr A".[52]

In May 2018, Abramovich became an Israeli citizen a month after the UK delayed renewing his visa. In April 2021, Abramovich became a Portuguese citizen as part of the Nationality Act due to his reported Sephardic Jewish heritage.

FOX Franks

From Wiki:

Abramovich was the first person to recommend to Yeltsin that Vladimir Putin be his successor as the Russian president.[50]: 135  When Putin formed his first cabinet as Prime Minister in 1999, Abramovich interviewed each of the candidates for cabinet positions before they were approved.[33]: 102  Subsequently, Abramovich would remain one of Putin's closest confidants. In 2007, Putin consulted in meetings with Abramovich on the question of who should be his successor as president; Medvedev was personally recommended by Abramovich.[50]: 135, 271 

Chris Hutchins, a biographer of Putin, described the relationship between the Russian president and Abramovich as like that between a father and a favourite son. Abramovich has said that when he addresses Putin he uses the Russian language's formal "вы" (like Spanish "usted", German "Sie", Italian "lei" or French "vous"), as opposed to the informal "ты" (Spanish "tú", German "du", Italian "tu" or French "tu"). Abramovich says that the reason is 'he is more senior than me'.[51] Within the Kremlin, Abramovich is referred to as "Mr A".[52]

In May 2018, Abramovich became an Israeli citizen a month after the UK delayed renewing his visa. In April 2021, Abramovich became a Portuguese citizen as part of the Nationality Act due to his reported Sephardic Jewish heritage.
Interesting find. He is properly dodgy isn't he.

Lako42

About to close the gap on us to just two points

Yes, that’s right - the laughably shit Newcastle
What about the laughably shit Burnley

Surely they can't be anywhere near us

Brown Nose

Well the comedy wankpieces of Brentford, FFS, are just one win away from us..

The list of teams that have less fight in them than us is shrinking by the week. I now have Norwich, Brentford and Leeds as the only three sides that look worse than us and are playing worse than us. I'd back anyone else against us.

Which makes us really vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670