Premier League 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical question, If the Chilwell transfer fee is being paid to us in instalments and we take out loans guaranteed against the full amount, where would we stand if Chelsea can no longer fulfil their part of the deal.
The license they have received means they are still on the hook for their obligations to clubs.

Chelsea can still pay outstanding transfer fees
The Blues cannot wriggle out of their financial obligations over previous signings.

The club may pay ‘inter-club payments to discharge obligations which existed prior to March 10 under players sale and player loan arrangements’.

So any instalments on previous signings like £97.5million striker Romelu Lukaku must still be paid. But clubs who have bought or borrowed off Chelsea must also continue to make their agreed payments.

The Athletic reporting that Chelsea owe fees for several players including Chilwell.

Obligations can be met only if they have the money. Nobody knows where they'll get the money to fulfill their obligations.

The Athletic reporting that Chelsea owe fees for several players including Chilwell.

Obligations can be met only if they have the money. Nobody knows where they'll get the money to fulfill their obligations.
There's still the TV money, both from the EPL and the Big Cup. If it really comes to it, that can be distributed directly to the clubs owed. That's the solution that's been available for recently relegated clubs and their parachute money when the inevitable happens, I don't see any reason to worry

It wont be too long before season tickets go on sale, presuming that they do.

This and the TV money will keep Chelsea above water financially for the short term, especially as they wont be spending anything on transfer fee's and the wage bill will reduce with players leaving who's contracts have lapsed.

It wont be too long before season tickets go on sale, presuming that they do.

This and the TV money will keep Chelsea above water financially for the short term, especially as they wont be spending anything on transfer fee's and the wage bill will reduce with players leaving who's contracts have lapsed.
I'd read the announcements as saying that this season's season tickets were valid, but that none would be able to be sold for next season.

With the government stating 'football clubs are cultural assets and the bedrock of our communities, we’re committed to protecting them' then I think there is little chance of Chelsea suffering irrevocable damage.

I think the the the biggest issue for Chelsea could well be the transfer embargo.

I also think they will come up with some way for away fans, Chelsea and opposition, to attend matches.

Abramovich on the other hand is stuffed, I dont think we will see him at a football match again.

Hypothetical question, If the Chilwell transfer fee is being paid to us in instalments and we take out loans guaranteed against the full amount, where would we stand if Chelsea can no longer fulfil their part of the deal.
We would have a breach of contract claim worth very little if the debtor is over a billion in debt with no one underwriting it. We would also still be liable for our own loans. I don’t know if you can buy insurance to cover non payments. If that is a thing, I hope we did.

With the government stating 'football clubs are cultural assets and the bedrock of our communities, we’re committed to protecting them' then I think there is little chance of Chelsea suffering irrevocable damage.

I think the the the biggest issue for Chelsea could well be the transfer embargo.

I also think they will come up with some way for away fans, Chelsea and opposition, to attend matches.

Abramovich on the other hand is stuffed, I dont think we will see him at a football match again.
If they don’t find an owner the government isn’t going to underwrite their debt.

Abramovich already said that they don't need to pay that back to him.
Companies are separate legal entities to people. Directors have a duty to act in the best interests of a company. If the company is liquidated a liquidator will have a duty to do the same and collect in debts. Forgiving a billion isn’t in the best interests of the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00