Premier League 23/24

Replacement for Berge who was sold to Burnley yesterday
Clearly they saw it as a great chance to offload a duffer and replace him with an upgrade.

My single given **** comes from the fact that Coventry are going to get shafted by this...

The big divide is really starting to show its head this year.
I think it just shows how much dross there is in the PL.

Makes it even more frustrating that we couldn't stay up as this season would have been a piece of piss to stay up, if we had a proper manager of course!

Except Berge is not a duffer. He’s class.
Also quite a different type of midfield player too.

Hamer will create more but Sheff Utd will miss Berge massively.

Burnley building a nice little team now tbf with the lad from Villa too.

Except Berge is not a duffer. He’s class.
I think 'class' is also pushing the boat out a bit. They've even taken a hit on him and he's only 25. 2 goals and 2 assists in 29 for them in the Prem, then a slightly better 11 and 8 in 68 for them at the lower level in the Championship. There's not a lot in it either way. Hamer has arguably better figures in the Championship and both are of a similar age..

Are Burnley using Villa's kit from last season??

Looking at Burnley's lineup tonight, I don't recognise any of their players from their previous Premier League stint.

Complete rebuild. I'm envious of it - this is the approach I thought and hoped we'd take, and need to give us another sustained period of success if/when we get back to the Premier League.

Obviously it might not work out for them this year, and there's plenty of clubs that's have tried to rebuild and failed to get promoted, but I think it's very impressive how they've completely reinvented themselves in a year and a bit since relegation.

Just think, we were thinking of getting that Howard Trafford goalie bloke but he picked Burnley.
2 goals conceeded in the first half. We've played two games and only let in one goal.

(25 points to anyone who can say who the actual 'Howard Trafford' is, without Google/internet search.)

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663