Premier League Predictor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly - I think we will get relegated.

However - with 6 games left last season, Sunderland were 7 points from safety (albeit with 2 games in hand, as opposed to our 1 game in hand). Their last 6 results were as follows:

Manchester City 2 – 2 Sunderland
Chelsea 1 – 2 Sunderland
Sunderland 4 – 0 Cardiff City
Manchester United 0 – 1 Sunderland
Sunderland 2 – 0 West Bromwich Albion
Sunderland 1 – 3 Swansea City

They finished up 5 points above the relegation zone.

Before anyone says "they changed manager", that happened at the start of October. Their form immediately before that 6 game run was 1 draw and 7 defeats from 8 games.

As I say, I think we will get relegated, but I thought it was worth noting.

Everything about this season points to us having no chance on earth of winning 4 games.

The KP Stadium has witnessed the least goals and the least wins for the home side of any Premier League ground.

It's been totally ****ing shit and will continue to be so, as highlighted by the far from 'cup tie' performance at the Hull game.

Does this refer to this season or the entire history of the Premier League?

In any case, I entirely agree with your post. After witnessing the Adams season (2003/04) in my early footballing education I thought this time round we'd make a much better account of ourselves. It's amazing to think that this team has amassed fewer points than a side that included James Scowcroft as a winger.

Firstly - I think we will get relegated.

However - with 6 games left last season, Sunderland were 7 points from safety (albeit with 2 games in hand, as opposed to our 1 game in hand). Their last 6 results were as follows:

Manchester City 2 – 2 Sunderland
Chelsea 1 – 2 Sunderland
Sunderland 4 – 0 Cardiff City
Manchester United 0 – 1 Sunderland
Sunderland 2 – 0 West Bromwich Albion
Sunderland 1 – 3 Swansea City

They finished up 5 points above the relegation zone.

Before anyone says "they changed manager", that happened at the start of October. Their form immediately before that 6 game run was 1 draw and 7 defeats from 8 games.

As I say, I think we will get relegated, but I thought it was worth noting.

And interestingly our slender chance of avoiding relegation may depend on how Sunderland finish THIS season (and how we do against them in the penultimate game).

Sadly, I think that relegation is a racing cert but it's important that we show a bit of fight in preparation for next season.

The unusual thing about the relegation issue this season is the fine margin that is emerging between being crap and getting relegated and being crap and staying up. It wouldn't have taken that much difference for us to be poised to survive - a few more taken chances, better luck with refs' calls. This is possibly the easiest season to survive - a good number of very poor teams with maybe 31-34 points enough to survive.

Finally someone gets it

You and Jas, obviously

Being in a small minority of opinion alongside Jas is unlikely to turn out well.

Anyhow, why are people assuming 4 wins is enough? Surely, 5 would be required?

I'd actually say that Farage has more chance of ending May as Prime Minister than City have of being a Premier League side.

Interesting stat in the Mockery, when super Wes swooped in to bulge the net from a Matty James corner against Spurs, it was the first goal we had scored from a corner in over 400 attempts!

Interesting stat in the Mockery, when super Wes swooped in to bulge the net from a Matty James corner against Spurs, it was the first goal we had scored from a corner in over 400 attempts!

400 !! I know we've not been prolific, but that figure seems a tad high.
Did Stringer write the piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570