Premier League Predictor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absurd.

The guy was brought in to provide cover - to be a mentor - not to displace Hamer when he was doing better than OK.

Hamer was roundly bemoaned for his poor distribution. He is also a typical lower premium keeper. Swarzer fluffed the Villa goal and should arguably have done better with Arsenal's. Has Hamer made no mistakes? Or is he exempt because he is younger?

I get that you are less than fond of Pearson and will do anything you can to moan about him and his decisions. We all get that. We have no choice but to get that.

Absurd.

The guy was brought in to provide cover - to be a mentor - not to displace Hamer when he was doing better than OK.

What makes you think that? I would have thought that if he were bought as cover, he would be being used as cover. You seem to have forgotten the moans about Hamer and his distribution when he was between the posts. I don't think any of our three stoppers have got the full range of abilities required in the top league.

What makes you think that? I would have thought that if he were bought as cover, he would be being used as cover. You seem to have forgotten the moans about Hamer and his distribution when he was between the posts. I don't think any of our three stoppers have got the full range of abilities required in the top league.

Also, was it Hamer who let in the soft Spurs free kick?

The great thing about the NFL is that a bad season has very few negative long term consequences.

This City season could leave considerably bruises on the club.

That is indeed a major difference. In some ways though, there is always a battle in football, whereas Stateside there is the temptation for teams to tank. See the Knicks/76ers currently for example. I wouldn't like to think my team could be deliberately trying to lose.

The great thing about the NFL is that a bad season has very few negative long term consequences.

And that's great? What is sport if for every high there isn't a low, for every massive success there isn't a tragic failure?!

It was my assumption that he was signed to provide cover/mentor role.
Agree on all three keepers having flaws and probably not of PL standard. But of the two currently fit keepers, Hamer is a decent shop stopper- and some people think that saving goals is a useful part of a keeper's job. I thought signing Schwarzer made sense but not to dispace Hamer when he was doing well. Schwarzer too old to be played regularly in the PL - ok for cup games which top clubs dont give a stuff about. There have been very occasional exceptions to the age thing...Pat Jennings, Shilton and I am so old that I actually saw Stanley Matthews play at Filbert Street at around the age of 50(?); think he scored a rare goal in that game too ( probably off side).

It was my assumption that he was signed to provide cover/mentor role.
Agree on all three keepers having flaws and probably not of PL standard. But of the two currently fit keepers, Hamer is a decent shop stopper- and some people think that saving goals is a useful part of a keeper's job. I thought signing Schwarzer made sense but not to dispace Hamer when he was doing well. Schwarzer too old to be played regularly in the PL - ok for cup games which top clubs dont give a stuff about. There have been very occasional exceptions to the age thing...Pat Jennings, Shilton and I am so old that I actually saw Stanley Matthews play at Filbert Street at around the age of 50(?); think he scored a rare goal in that game too ( probably off side).

It was my assumption that he was to provide medium term cover for Kasper being out injured and to provide more options.

More options for all players includes 'pushing' the first choice player from the training ground and the bench so that no-one automatically thinks they are first choice. A good example is how Big Was pushed Moore out.

More options also includes what else they bring in terms of experience, guile, leadership etc. That can be used as a mentor on the training ground but also on the pitch. Just look at the difference the veteran Cambiasso has made to the whole team.

It doesn't have to be LCFC related, Redditch. C'mon, let's see some cheeriness :056:

That's very helpful. Much easier on that basis.

All my posts until the end of the season will contain a football related positive element starting with it was nice to see Liverpool lose on penalties.

It was my assumption that he was to provide medium term cover for Kasper being out injured and to provide more options.

More options for all players includes 'pushing' the first choice player from the training ground and the bench so that no-one automatically thinks they are first choice. A good example is how Big Was pushed Moore out.

More options also includes what else they bring in terms of experience, guile, leadership etc. That can be used as a mentor on the training ground but also on the pitch. Just look at the difference the veteran Cambiasso has made to the whole team.

Yes. Cambiasso =class act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670