Premier League Predictor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire the optimism of many of you. No wonder bookmakers are wealthy.

Hull and Burnley have extremely difficult games between now and the end of the season. QPR also have a difficult task ahead of them.

I'm only predicting 4 wins from our last 12 games. All at home. As you can see I've predicted defeats against Man City, Chelsea and Tottenham (highly likely) and lobbed in some draws against sides we are capable of beating.

It's clear the odds are stacked heavily against us, but judging by the remaining fixtures left for the teams involved in the relegation scrap I think we're in with a real shout of beating the drop.

We're on 18 after about 3/4 of a season and people are predicting we'll finish with double that. Realistically, I can't see it and there's nothing in our form that suggests we are going to go on an unbeaten run or anything like show the form needed.

I think we will finish with sub thirty points but I ****ing hope I am wrong by at least six points.

I can't even bring myself to go through the exercise.

We are going to have to win games around those around us...and we've been absolutely ****ing shit at it all season.

Hull and Burnley have extremely difficult games between now and the end of the season. QPR also have a difficult task ahead of them.

I'm only predicting 4 wins from our last 12 games. All at home. As you can see I've predicted defeats against Man City, Chelsea and Tottenham (highly likely) and lobbed in some draws against sides we are capable of beating.

It's clear the odds are stacked heavily against us, but judging by the remaining fixtures left for the teams involved in the relegation scrap I think we're in with a real shout of beating the drop.

17 points from 12 games sounds okay. However, it is highly improbable. 1.42 points per game when we've achieved 0.69 points per game so far is expecting us to miraculously more than double our form for the majority of the season.

17 points from the first 12 games of the season is the same that teams like Arsenal and Spurs achieved.

Whilst I genuinely hope you're right, it's not a logical or likely prediction.

Que sera, sera.

Aye. Some of us fans who can't get tickets now may even be able to watch their
team next season, if they could be arsed. This is assuming all the points and riddles are thrown out of the window when we're down. Would be amusing if not - you'll need at least 200 points and green eyes to see Rovrum away on a Friday night.

The optimist in me says 3 more wins and 3 draws = 30 points finishing 6 points from safet.

The realist says 2 more wins and 4 draws = 28 points finishing 8 points from safety.

The chance of reaching safety needs 1.5 pointsaverage per game and our current average is 0.69 points. I think that such an improvement is quite beyond us.

Do we have a chance? Yes a very very slim one - odds of 1-3 on relegation. The best(only) chance looks like Burnley, Villa, QPR (or just possibly Sunderaland imploding) doing extremely badly and us doing very well indeed.

It seems a while since Pearson repeated his summer and beyond assertion that we had the necessary quality in the squad.

17 points from 12 games sounds okay. However, it is highly improbable. 1.42 points per game when we've achieved 0.69 points per game so far is expecting us to miraculously more than double our form for the majority of the season.17 points from the first 12 games of the season is the same that teams like Arsenal and Spurs achieved. Whilst I genuinely hope you're right, it's not a logical or likely prediction.

The only difference (I have us going down still) is that we are likely to play a Newcastle team on holiday with no idea of their manager next season, Southampton when their European hopes have had it, a West Ham side run out of battle given their manager situation, possibly a relegated QPR (though we could be) and Swansea sitting safe in mid-table. Possibly Spurs on a Sunday as well post-Europa League when they have yet to win a game.

In the bottom bunch of teams as well, we have no idea how Sherwood is going to fare at Villa. QPR are looking done for with injuries and beginning to give youngsters their débuts. Sunderland appear ready for implosion as Poyet does a good Pearson impression on the diplomatic side with fans and local media. Only Burnley look stable as a club but that could go wrong if Ings signs a pre-contract somewhere and the spotlight on Barnes doesn't go away (because you can be assured after they will be punished for the poor officiating performance they benefited off on Saturday).

It has an effect. As seen in our cup games against Newcastle and Tottenham when the opposition players didn't give a flyer.

Last edited:
The points required to stay up will be shamefully low.

There are 5 or 6 teams trying desperately to get relegated, only 3 can pull it off, we are favourites.

The points required to stay up will be shamefully low.

There are 5 or 6 teams trying desperately to get relegated, only 3 can pull it off, we are favourites.

Yes, it's a tragedy. It would only have required a bit of sense last summer and better team selections together with an ounce or so of luck and we would have made it. Robinson was singled out to take the blame for the lack of meaningful transfer activity but I don't believe that he was mainly responsible; I believe that Pearson accepts responsibility for team selection... and luck is a matter of happenstance.

There are a clutch of rubbish teams well worthy of relegation but we have managed to be comfortably worse than the lot!

Back to the numbers - on current return rate we are heading for 26 points.

Yes, it's a tragedy. It would only have required a bit of sense last summer and better team selections together with an ounce or so of luck and we would have made it. Robinson was singled out to take the blame for the lack of meaningful transfer activity but I don't believe that he was mainly responsible; I believe that Pearson accepts responsibility for team selection... and luck is a matter of happenstance.

There are a clutch of rubbish teams well worthy of relegation but we have managed to be comfortably worse than the lot!

Back to the numbers - on current return rate we are heading for 26 points.
Do you not think we signed enough players then?

I think you've got to be a bit mental to think we signed enough 'good' ones. 2 strikers and a midfielder was never going to be excellent business.

I think your post is about as sensible as that recent incisive offering of your's along the lines that the elderly gent who has recently been in our goal is only typical of lower PL sides keepers. For God's sake.

Just in case anyone missed Matt B's words of wisdom served up on 22 Feb....here is the gold dust "Swarzer is a typical lower premier league goalkeeper".( end of quote)

Right - so all our rivals are fielding blokes in their forties - course they are. Why are we discriminating against fully fledged OAPs?

Just in case anyone missed Matt B's words of wisdom served up on 22 Feb....here is the gold dust "Swarzer is a typical lower premier league goalkeeper".( end of quote)

Right - so all our rivals are fielding blokes in their forties - course they are. Why are we discriminating against fully fledged OAPs?

So you're focusing on age? Why not on the fact he's Caucasian? He's about average then? Or is it just all bollock? Most people with half a brain cell would realise I was talking about his technical ability to perform his job. I suspect you did to. At least moaning at me is a change of record for you so I'm glad you're making progress.

So you're focusing on age? Why not on the fact he's Caucasian? He's about average then? Or is it just all bollock? Most people with half a brain cell would realise I was talking about his technical ability to perform his job. I suspect you did to. At least moaning at me is a change of record for you so I'm glad you're making progress.

Absurd.

The guy was brought in to provide cover - to be a mentor - not to displace Hamer when he was doing better than OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669