Press Conference At Walkers Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox Fox

:081: :081: :081:

Just heard some woman on Radio leicester saying that Kelly "has done us proud, he's a lovely man"

where do they manage to find this fecking idiots?

fcukcov

Statement Of Milan Mandaric

It is with deepest and heartfelt regret that I have to announce the departure of Manager Rob Kelly and Assistant Manager Mike Stowell with immediate effect.

Indifferent results and continuing under achievement on the field have left me with no alternative, but to address the situation.

This is a decision I have not taken lightly, and it has been the cause of endless sleepless nights for me recently.

I have the utmost respect for Rob and his team and the tremendous job they have done in increasingly difficult circumstances over the last 14 months.

However, the lacklustre and uninspired performance at Plymouth on Easter Monday has drawn me to the conclusion that I have to act now.

I feel that I have given Rob and his coaching team undivided loyalty and support since I assumed control of this club two months ago, but unfortunately it has not worked.

It would have been far easier to make immediate changes, but I felt I owed it to Rob and his staff to give them an opportunity to take the club forward and out of mediocrity.

I have ambitious plans to take Leicester City Football club back to their rightful place in top flight football, but we are currently heading in the wrong direction.

There has been increasing speculation over Rob's future and uncertainty over the players which has been damaging and while I have done nothing to fuel such rumours you have to accept it is an inevitable consequence of a struggling Football Club.

I want to make one thing perfectly clear, to the tremendous supporters of this Football Club who have backed the team unconditionally despite the recent run of unacceptable results and performances.

I will not allow you to suffer in silence and as the owner and Chairman of this club I have a direct responsibility to safeguard the future of Leicester City Football Club and take the appropriate action required to ensure that happens.

As a result of the unexpected change I have taken the decision to appoint the former Norwich Manager Nigel Worthington as temporary Caretaker Manager with immediate effect.

Nigel will be joined by Doug Livermore as his assistant. They have agreed to take charge for the remaining five games of the season at which time I will review and address the managerial situation.

It goes without saying that we all need to get behind Nigel and our survival is pendant on total unity at the Club. I am sure you all realise the significance of victory against Nigel's former club, Norwich at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday.

It would give me, the manager and the players a tremendous lift if your support could continue this weekend and for the completion of this season which has been largely disappointing and unacceptable for a club this size.

FIFA 07

joe501

Good Decision.
Very wise of Mandaric to make Worthington just caretaker, not full time manager. So if it goes wrong there is no tie in, and he will have more options in the summer.

Disco Bob

Don't get too excited - just heard from a fairly reliable source that it's not to do with the manager, it's to do with the Chairman and a certain get-out clause.
...and there was me not getting excited.

Well I couldn't as I've been out and knew nothing about it.

F*ck yea! I'm able to go to see the Norwich game now :038:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
5 games - to give MM the chance to review the management for the long-term situation.

NW - phone call from MM 24 hours ago. Great Club, Great fan base - workign together over the next 5 games etc.

Asked does he want it for next season. Answered - only a fool wouldn't - but he knows it's for 5 games - gMM asked "wasives a chance to show what he can do.

highland fox

5 games - to give MM the chance to review the management for the long-term situation.

NW - phone call from MM 24 hours ago. Great Club, Great fan base - workign together over the next 5 games etc.

Asked does he want it for next season. Answered - only a fool wouldn't - but he knows it's for 5 games - gMM asked "wasives a chance to show what he can do.

Keep us up gets the Job then.Least he said he wants it,more than Kelly ever said

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Milan is asked whether Plymouth was the final straw.

Answers - yes - fans who had travelled were let down.

MM asked whether 5 games left is too late - answers he thinks it is the best chance to change things and get the points we need.

MM is asked how RK took the news. MM says he is a nice lad.

Originally Posted by Kettering Pete
If memory serves me correct - the last manager we got from Norwich was ok.....

Neither were employed by Norwich at the time.

It was their last club. JUst looking for a good omen!

fcukcov

Keep us up gets the Job then

we will now have a run which will get him the job.

Might lead to a few of the norwich lads moving over here though, wouldnt mind signing huckerby for a start.

PFKAKTF FOX

Very sensible decision by MM, he can appoint a proven manager at this level to steer the club to safety whilst allowing him time to fully assess the options available rather than making a panic appointment on a long term contract. Allows Worthington the opportunity to stake a claim whilst also getting himself in the shop window come the inevitable managerial merry go round in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669