Press Conference At Walkers Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps not, but Milan doesn't want to get onto the bad side of the fans. If NW keeps us up you know there is going to be a number of fans calling him a 'great guy' who has 'saved our club' and should be 'given a chance'. Same situation as with RK.

Spot on, the same fickle boneheads who thought the Sun shone out of Kelly's arse will think the same with Worthington and if as it seems MM listens to the fans then he will be kept on

Highland, I agree absolutely.

This, in my opinion, is the single most boring, unimaginative, tedious appointment that this club has EVER made.

I am not a happy chappy at all. Worthington is a past-it, unwanted, non-motivating, laughing stock. If anyone thinks he can kick the arses of the useless feckers we currently have, then they are very much mistaken.

I don't rant often but I'm absolutely peed off with this.

CRAP

whats the point in getting in the most flambouyant manager when all you actually need for these FIVE games is a steady ship that takes every game as it comes and just ensures the job is done. i dont want to go out in a 343 or some crazy tactics. we need to be simple and do the basics which we have not done. i dont know why you want to see really exciting football for the end of the season, survival is the only thing that matters. he will not stay.

Give the guy a chance FFS, he obviously did something right at Norwich as he managed to get them to the play off final where they lost out on penalties to Birmingham before taking them up as champions. This is a short term appointment, who knows who could be available come the end of the season.

The important thing is that Mandaric has taken decisive action at a time when it was most needed and he has sensibly placed the club in control of a fairly safe pair of hands which should secure the clubs short term future in the division.

Come the summer it is a blank canvas full of endless opportunity.

Last edited:
Spot on, the same fickle boneheads who thought the Sun shone out of Kelly's arse will think the same with Worthington and if as it seems MM listens to the fans then he will be kept on

I don't think so

I still think that Mandaric is a hard nosed bastard of a man, and I can't for a minute believe that he thinks Worthington is the man to lead us back to the Prem.

Even if we won the next five (which we won't), I'd bet on a new manager in the summer

Give the guy a chance FFS, he obviously did something right at Norwich as he managed to get them to the play off final where they lost out on penalties to Birmingham before taking them up as champions. This is a short term appointment, who knows who could be available come the end of the season.

The important thing is that Mandaric has taken decisive action at a time when it was most needed and he has sensibly placed the club in control of a fairly safe pair of ends which should secure the clubs short term future in the division.

Come the summer it is a blank canvass full of endless opportunity.

more importnatly for me he did this when he had money to spend. He spent well in most cases as far as I know.

He's only in as caretaker for the last five games of the season. Excellent pedigree to be able to get in and do that job.

Also his teams have a reputation for playing attractive, attacking football and as someone said elsewhere - HF I may be wrong? - he has an excellent eye for a striker.

I don't think so

I still think that Mandaric is a hard nosed bastard of a man, and I can't for a minute believe that he thinks Worthington is the man to lead us back to the Prem.

Even if we won the next five (which we won't), I'd bet on a new manager in the summer

Paul Ince

He's only in as caretaker for the last five games of the season. Excellent pedigree to be able to get in and do that job.

Also his teams have a reputation for playing attractive, attacking football and as someone said elsewhere - HF I may be wrong? - he has an excellent eye for a striker.

But he's only here for 5 games so he won't be buying anyone

I don't think so

But you bet on us going down last year and the year before and the year before.

IF he keeps us up he has harldy pulled off the great escape. Cant see him being involved long term.

Director of Football,he's been out of work a while.Chairmen were hardly beating his door down with job offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669