Preston North End

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

They got a right good hiding tonight, could fire them up for Saturday.

I reckon we should finish them off, but knowing us, we'll probably walk away with a point.

This is my first match of the season so I'm hoping that I don't jinx our unbeaten home record.

Pearson will have beaten them senseless about that 3-3 draw at Waford so they won't dare let anything like that happen again. I'm going for a 2-0 win for City - Fryatt and Hobbs.

There is a vBookie event for this match. :icon_wink

This is my first match of the season so I'm hoping that I don't jinx our unbeaten home record.

Pearson will have beaten them senseless about that 3-3 draw at Waford so they won't dare let anything like that happen again. I'm going for a 2-0 win for City - Fryatt and Hobbs.

Scrap that...

I've been asked to work so won't be there now.

How can you guy be so confident?! This is arguably the biggest team in the world, I'd be happy if we kept their goal tally down to single figures tbh.

Last edited:
If Wellens is out id settle for a point Howards due a goal 1-1

I would never settle for a point. Ever since they changed the points system from 2 for a win to 3 for a win home draws became a poor result.
If by a mathematical fluke a team drew every game they would get 46points. Leicester were relegated with 52 points.
Winning home games keeps you up. Automatic promotion comes from winning away games. Draws get you relegated

Wellens is a good player but we are not talking about a Paul Scholes or Steven Gerrard. There will be no excuse for the other players to underperform without him. We are in an average Championship position. Hopefully some of our players like Neilson, Dany, Gallagher will raise their game and show that they are above average championship players.

I would never settle for a point. Ever since they changed the points system from 2 for a win to 3 for a win home draws became a poor result.
If by a mathematical fluke a team drew every game they would get 46points. Leicester were relegated with 52 points.
Winning home games keeps you up. Automatic promotion comes from winning away games. Draws get you relegated

Wellens is a good player but we are not talking about a Paul Scholes or Steven Gerrard. There will be no excuse for the other players to underperform without him. We are in an average Championship position. Hopefully some of our players like Neilson, Dany, Gallagher will raise their game and show that they are above average championship players.

Hi everybody, I'm Macky and I endorse this message.

Too much promotion talk survival first then build from that. At the moment this team could not handle the premiership and would need vast improvements to do so. Big game on saturday against a very accomplished Preston side, we can win it but we have to be solid at the back and clinical upfront. They have some quality players.

This will be a very tough game, I rate Preston very highly and also I rate Alan Irvine as a good promising manager. I think we will actually lose this 1-0, however my heart says 1-1. I would take a draw against these however if we are to get promotion this season ( I don't think we will but some people do !) then we need to beat teams around us and Preston will be there about at the end of the season.

This will be a very tough game, I rate Preston very highly and also I rate Alan Irvine as a good promising manager. I think we will actually lose this 1-0, however my heart says 1-1. I would take a draw against these however if we are to get promotion this season ( I don't think we will but some people do !) then we need to beat teams around us and Preston will be there about at the end of the season.

Agreed

Harbs - I could be wrong here, and maybe Jeff has empirical evidence to suggest the contrary, but don't you always pick us to lose 1-0?

an easy win........for whom, now THATS another story! hahaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670