Preston North End

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd have to ask Jeff. I don't keep track of such things...but yeah loads of times I reckon.

Ah right, thinking about it you may be right at the weekend, I think we will lose 1-0 however if we don't I think it will definetly be 77-0.

Ah right, thinking about it you may be right at the weekend, I think we will lose 1-0 however if we don't I think it will definetly be 77-0.

You said 1-1 in the Prediction League. Keep going and you'll soon have all the possibilities covered.

If we play anything like the second half at vicarage road then we have no chance.

Preston got spanked mid-week so they will want to put that behind them, should be a good game.

Ill go for a VERY nervous and tight 1-0 win to City.

Really?:081:

I think we have to believe we can win all our home games. That said Preston are a useful team so we will have to perform well to get the result. I may have my stats wrong but i recollect we do not have a great record against them?

I think we have to believe we can win all our home games. That said Preston are a useful team so we will have to perform well to get the result. I may have my stats wrong but i recollect we do not have a great record against them?

We've played them ten times in the League since the turn of the century.

Home record: W1, D1, L3 - lost on each of their last three visits
Away record: W1, D3, L1

We've played them twice in the League Cup in the same period - once at home, one away - and lost both.

Not a great record is correct, particularly at home.

Last edited:
There was an incident with Andy Lonaghan (sp?) a few years ago whilst in goal for Preston at the Walkers. Was it an own goal, did he score? I forget.

they have won on their last 3 league visits to the Walkers and if my memory is correct also won in the league cup. the last time they did not win here was the 1-1 draw where Lonergan scored for them beating Pressman from 90 yards

Last edited:

Away record: W0, D2, L2

We've played them twice in the League Cup in the same period - once at home, one away - and lost both.

Not a great record is correct.

We've had a shit record away at Sheffield United and Ipswich in recent years but come away with credible draws. It's a season to turn the tables on our bogey opposition!

they have won on their last 3 league visits to the Walkers and if my memory is correct also won in the league cup. the last time they did not win here was the 1-1 draw where Lonergan scored for them beating Pressman from 90 yards

You must've read my mind - I just asked about that!

Away record: W0, D2, L2

Not a great record is correct.

Did I imagine the Nils-Eric goal to give us a 1-o away victory then? :icon_bigg

clearly our record is woeful against them. Time to change that then!!

Don't think Preston have had a great team in recent years but they are always hard to beat. I think they are well drilled and work hard for each other.

With this in mind is the 'oh so casual' Andy King going to be a weak link tomorrow. Someone mentioned possibly Berner in the middle and i'd be inclined to go with that. We need to win the ball first and formost and then get it out to the wide me.

Andy King does not = winning the ball.

I would never settle for a point. Ever since they changed the points system from 2 for a win to 3 for a win home draws became a poor result.
If by a mathematical fluke a team drew every game they would get 46points. Leicester were relegated with 52 points.
Winning home games keeps you up. Automatic promotion comes from winning away games. Draws get you relegated

Wellens is a good player but we are not talking about a Paul Scholes or Steven Gerrard. There will be no excuse for the other players to underperform without him. We are in an average Championship position. Hopefully some of our players like Neilson, Dany, Gallagher will raise their game and show that they are above average championship players.
David Gwilliam I love you. Every post you make is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669