Preston Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is the reason and it is not like we have had the most creative fans in terms of chants over the past 5 years really.

You obviously agree with the rest of what I said then. ;)

its not the reason at all, dont just change your mind because he says so for ****s sake.

Hume is the only player in the squad who shows any passion, fight and desire in every game, and im sorry if you hate him for it but thats what leicester city is all about for me, we will never have the best players but having people who work their bollox off makes up for it.

i suppose you would prefer it melts if everyone got on humes back and instead of shouting huuuuuuuuume just booood him? your views on hume are affected by the way the crowd idolise him, thats not a way rate a player.

in a season where no player has stepped up to the plate and proved their worth is it any wonder that the fans get behind hume and give him encouragement? imagine if everyone had the same atttude as you melts, we wouldnt have humes goals and we would be going down. i find it very dissapointing how someone is against the fans encouraging a player to do better. and i dont share your comparison of hume with the rest of the squad, you say people slag off other players and hume should get the same, but are you really putting hume in a same boat as hughes, maybury etc?

Hume is a young lad who has a fighting spirit that you dont see in many pro fotballers thse days, he would get paid the same wages even if he didnt give a flying ****, but he does. It would be a great loss to the club if hume left, not that i would blame him.

To lako's point: Hume is full of running and doesn't give up, he tries to tackle back when he loses the ball and usually beats a man or two at some point in the game showing a bit of flair. That's why the majority of fans like him I think.

To Melton's point: his down side is he is sh1t in front of goal which does make him part of the problem because that puts so much more pressure on the rest of the side.

I would love it if fans would encourage all the team the way they encourage Hume. I find the Huuuuuume chants embarrassing when he he has put another wayward shot into row Z when a simple pass for a tap-in was a much better option. Tiatto and Johnson get groans if they attempt passes that do not quite come off, yet Hume without criticism is always attempting first-touch passes - and they AWAYS go astray!

Hume maybe shoots too much because he's trying too hard,the goalscoring duties lie heavily on his shoulders.If you don't think he should play fine but who do you think should play in his place? You may well have your wish in the summer because I can see him leaving,he's one of the few players in our Squad who any other team would want

I would love it if fans would encourage all the team the way they encourage Hume. I find the Huuuuuume chants embarrassing when he he has put another wayward shot into row Z when a simple pass for a tap-in was a much better option. Tiatto and Johnson get groans if they attempt passes that do not quite come off, yet Hume without criticism is always attempting first-touch passes - and they AWAYS go astray!

I would imagine its the younger fans who do the Huuuuume chant.

i know hume hog's the ball a bit and make a few bad shot's and so on ,the main reason that most fan do the hummmmmmmme chant is the fact he put's his all in 110% to almost every game ,he run's all over the place ,i know this is wrong but then the rest of the team and in the main the midfeild dont do anything he's try his hardest to work both areas which i carnt fault him for ,so IMO what why he get it :icon_wink

Last edited:
its not the reason at all, dont just change your mind because he says so for ****s sake.

Hume is the only player in the squad who shows any passion, fight and desire in every game, and im sorry if you hate him for it but thats what leicester city is all about for me, we will never have the best players but having people who work their bollox off makes up for it.

i suppose you would prefer it melts if everyone got on humes back and instead of shouting huuuuuuuuume just booood him? your views on hume are affected by the way the crowd idolise him, thats not a way rate a player.

in a season where no player has stepped up to the plate and proved their worth is it any wonder that the fans get behind hume and give him encouragement? imagine if everyone had the same atttude as you melts, we wouldnt have humes goals and we would be going down. i find it very dissapointing how someone is against the fans encouraging a player to do better. and i dont share your comparison of hume with the rest of the squad, you say people slag off other players and hume should get the same, but are you really putting hume in a same boat as hughes, maybury etc?

Hume is a young lad who has a fighting spirit that you dont see in many pro fotballers thse days, he would get paid the same wages even if he didnt give a flying ****, but he does. It would be a great loss to the club if hume left, not that i would blame him.
I won't reply to you Lako, you're obviously very upset and emotional. It is clear you like Hume, I don't want to point out any facts to you that will dampen your likeness of him.

I won't reply to you Lako, you're obviously very upset and emotional. It is clear you like Hume, I don't want to point out any facts to you that will dampen your likeness of him.

the only fact im bothered about is the one that says he is the clubs top goal scorer.

the only fact im bothered about is the one that says he is the clubs top goal scorer.
I see that point. But myself, I also see the amount of goals he as cost us, and it's significantly more than he's scored

I see that point. But myself, I also see the amount of goals he as cost us, and it's significantly more than he's scored

But who would you play in his place then,you obviously think we have better options.I could pick holes in every player we have and point out thier faults but in the end we have to send out eleven players and for my money Hume is one of the first names on the teamsheet

Last edited:

whats more important, the goals he has scored or the goals he could have scored?

every striker misses opportunities, we are never going to have a striker who puts them all away because we cant attract that sort of pleyer at the moment.

People shpould also remember that he has scored quite a few goals when you look at the midfield who has been providing the service, the worst midfield i have ever seen at the club.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King. ;)

whats more important, the goals he has scored or the goals he could have scored?

every striker misses opportunities, we are never going to have a striker who puts them all away because we cant attract that sort of pleyer at the moment.

People shpould also remember that he has scored quite a few goals when you look at the midfield who has been providing the service, the worst midfield i have ever seen at the club.

And he's had Hammond playing alongside him quite a lot...i.e A Joke Footballer.Hume is a Forward he's there to score and not to stop the opposition scoring

Last edited:
And he's had Hammond playing alongside him quite a lot...i.e A Joke Footballer.Hume is a Forward he's there to score and not to stop the opposition scoring

anyone who manages to forge a partnership with that clown deserves player of the season.

Thats great

Considering that only four sides have scored fewer goals this season being top scorer at Leicester City this season is no great feat. ;)

His positioning is dire, he never makes himself available. His eagereness to please the fans on his own is detrimental the success of the club, his decision making is shocking and he has never found another player with one of his salmon like leaps which he is so loved for.

I understand he's a good salesman though, and he has sold himself very well to the crowd, I don't blame you for being sold to.

I think the way the crowd treat him when he's done something good is remarkable, and I only wish we could treat all of the players like that. But, with players like Hume constantly dropping their shoulders and waving their arms when a fellow player ****s up, the crowd will follow his example.

Moaning for the sake of moaning.

Were a under funded championship side - were not going to have Henry's in out team are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669