Preston Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moaning for the sake of moaning.

Were a under funded championship side - were not going to have Henry's in out team are we?
I might have known you'd pop up with your ridiculous statements.

And he's had Hammond playing alongside him quite a lot...i.e A Joke Footballer.Hume is a Forward he's there to score and not to stop the opposition scoring

Fryatt has scored eight of his goals this season when he's been playing alongside Hammond, but only three when he's been playing with Fryatt.
So if Hammond's a joke footballer what does that make Fryatt?

His positioning is dire, he never makes himself available. His eagereness to please the fans on his own is detrimental the success of the club, his decision making is shocking and he has never found another player with one of his salmon like leaps which he is so loved for.

I understand he's a good salesman though, and he has sold himself very well to the crowd, I don't blame you for being sold to.

I think the way the crowd treat him when he's done something good is remarkable, and I only wish we could treat all of the players like that. But, with players like Hume constantly dropping their shoulders and waving their arms when a fellow player ****s up, the crowd will follow his example.

Its not his fault the crowd like him though is it:102: What would you like him to do? Appeal to the fans not to chant his name.I'm not saying he's brilliant but he's one of our better players...and I know thats not difficult.I'm not 'sold' on him I'm not that fickle.It appers your gripe is more with the fans than Ian Hume

Fryatt has scored eight of his goals this season when he's been playing alongside Hammond, but only three when he's been playing with Fryatt.
So if Hammond's a joke footballer what does that make Fryatt?

If you think Hammond is a better Footballer than Fryatt then fine....:102:How many has Hammond scored in his career?

For the record I believe its 10 in his career and thats his whole career not just with us.

Last edited:
It appers your gripe is more with the fans than Ian Hume
Partly, I have always seen the poor side of Hume, I know he's got one the same as every player has got one, I see it on a regular basis in every game. It's a chicken and egg thing, if i didn't see the poor side of Hume the fans wouldn't annoy me so much

The whole scenario makes me angry. The fact Elvis, MDV and the like are booed out of the ground, and Hume is a hero for doing nothing different to them apart from looking interested makes my ****ing blood boil.

Last edited:
Partly, I have always seen the poor side of Hume, I know he's got one the same as every player has got one, I see it on a regular basis in every game. It's a chicken and egg thing, if i didn't see the poor side of Hume the fans wouldn't annoy me so much

The whole scenario makes me angry. The fact Elvis, MDV and the like are booed out of the ground, and Hume is a hero for doing nothing different to them apart from looking interested makes my ****ing blood boil.

hume still put's his all into every game i wish more of our team had of done the same this season :102:

Last edited:
If you think Hammond is a better Fooballer than Fryatt then fine....:102:

I didn't say that. The point you were making was about who Hume's had to play up front with, and this season Hammond and Hume together has been our most productive partnership, much more productive than Hume and Fryatt. Fact. Just because Fryatt is a better footballer than Hammond doesn't necessarily mean he's the best choice to play with Hume.

Elvis may not be the most gifted player, but he does bring things to the team that other players don't, he drags defenders around with his running, creating space for Hume, and he wins lots of free kicks. Also Hammond's scored more goals than Fryatt this season, from fewer games.

And scoring 13 goals

hume still put's his all into every game i wish more of our team had of done the same this season :102:
but he doesn't achieve anything!!!!!

If he's giving 100% and the others are only giving 50%, when the new manager gets them all at 100% then Hume will look like a schoolboy as he won't progress

I didn't say that. The point you were making was about who Hume's had to play up front with, and this season Hammond and Hume together has been our most productive partnership, much more productive than Hume and Fryatt. Fact. Just because Fryatt is a better footballer than Hammond doesn't necessarily mean he's the best choice to play with Hume.

Elvis may not be the most gifted player, but he does bring things to the team that other players don't, he drags defenders around with his running, creating space for Hume, and he wins lots of free kicks. Also Hammond's scored more goals than Fryatt this season, from fewer games.

I never mentioned Fryatt,I don't think a Fryatt and Hume partnership works.However I'm convinced that Hammond is nowhere near up to the standard of this League,you think differently and thats your right.You can't argue with the fact that he's a Striker who has scored ten career goals in Proffesional Football and that clearly is not good enough,it may well be that he has been playing in a standard of football way above his limits and will one day score a few more in a lower league.He can run around,most of the time into Offside positions, all match but he does have to contribute with goals if he is playing as a Striker.
:102:

Last edited:

If he's giving 100% and the others are only giving 50%, when the new manager gets them all at 100% then Hume will look like a schoolboy as he won't progress

13 goals :102:

thats just bollax

Hume would be just as good as the rest if not better if a manager is getting 100% out of the rest of the team ,due to fact he wont have to cover midfeild and just work the last 1/4 of the pitch

Last edited:
I never mentioned Fryatt,I don't think a Fryatt and Hume partnership works.However I'm convinced that Hammond is no where near up to the standard of this League,you think differently and thats your right
:102:

I didn't say Elvis is good enough for this league, not for a club like us anyway, although I do think he would be a useful player to have on the bench.
What I said is that he's been Hume's best partner this season. Maybe if Fryatt starts playing to his potential again Hume and Fryatt will work.

thats irrelivent because the rest of the squad havnt given 100% and the current lot never will. if every player did give 100% maybe hume wouldnt be idolised as much, however it is all if's and but's, hume does give 110% and the rest dont, is it any wonder people feel a link with him, he is the only plyer who reminds me of what leicester city is all about or what we were about.

and i have not been sold at all, i just like my team to give 100%. FFS if the rest of them did what hume does we might not be in this god awfull mess.

I can't be bothered anymore, it's like trying to tell kids that chocolate isn't very good for you :icon_wink

Last edited:
thats irrelivent because the rest of the squad havnt given 100% and the current lot never will. if every player did give 100% maybe hume wouldnt be idolised as much, however it is all if's and but's, hume does give 110% and the rest dont, is it any wonder people feel a link with him, he is the only plyer who reminds me of what leicester city is all about or what we were about.

and i have not been sold at all, i just like my team to give 100%. FFS if the rest of them did what hume does we might not be in this god awfull mess.

too right

1 and 2 ,not 100% happy with 13 goals but if he had of had a better midfeild im sure he would be on 20 by now

exactlly, hume has had the WORST midfield i have ever seen supplying him, and not one partner up front who has been consistent and available every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58