Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Tanner was on. He is a full on Puel supporter it would seem.
Not according to his column in yesterday's Mockery - "However the Frenchman must realise that his best option for having a player on the end of these chances is the man he really can't do without right now. Vardy. There's no point having thick skin if you cut your nose off to spite your face" Also says "It (the Spurs game) was tantamount to admitting he was using the game as an experiment" Didn't hear radio 5 SF but it seems Mr Tanner is just as confused as the rest of us!!

Not according to his column in yesterday's Mockery - "However the Frenchman must realise that his best option for having a player on the end of these chances is the man he really can't do without right now. Vardy. There's no point having thick skin if you cut your nose off to spite your face" Also says "It (the Spurs game) was tantamount to admitting he was using the game as an experiment" Didn't hear radio 5 SF but it seems Mr Tanner is just as confused as the rest of us!!

1:43:40 onwards if you are interested.

Seriously? they hate the new bloke even more than our Claude?
Lifted from there.....

A bit like Everton now reflecting on Allardyce taking them to 7th spot but sacked because of style of play, how I wish for the days of a cup final and 8th under Puel. Anyone who has seen the last two home matches and says that they are more entertaining than that season, or any more successful, must be so blinded by bias it’s embarrasing. Other than the top six, the only way you finish winning games in the Premier League is to keep clean sheets. Porch did it, Koeman did it and yes Puel did it. All did so differently, and with very different players.

Rant over, back to today, very poor throughout and did not deserve to win (albeit neither did Cardiff). Frightening lack of quality in final third. Was Armstrong injured today? Hoping that we will have Obafemi back as an option for Arsenal and I assume Yoshida will be recalled. Sounds like it will come too soon for Ings.

Looking at table this could well be one of those years that you need 40 points to stay up and that looks like a big ask with four of the top six to be played yet. We don’t face Udders until very last game of the season....

Lifted from there.....

A bit like Everton now reflecting on Allardyce taking them to 7th spot but sacked because of style of play, how I wish for the days of a cup final and 8th under Puel. Anyone who has seen the last two home matches and says that they are more entertaining than that season, or any more successful, must be so blinded by bias it’s embarrasing. Other than the top six, the only way you finish winning games in the Premier League is to keep clean sheets. Porch did it, Koeman did it and yes Puel did it. All did so differently, and with very different players.

Rant over, back to today, very poor throughout and did not deserve to win (albeit neither did Cardiff). Frightening lack of quality in final third. Was Armstrong injured today? Hoping that we will have Obafemi back as an option for Arsenal and I assume Yoshida will be recalled. Sounds like it will come too soon for Ings.

Looking at table this could well be one of those years that you need 40 points to stay up and that looks like a big ask with four of the top six to be played yet. We don’t face Udders until very last game of the season....
Very interesting.

I think it is more interesting that none of the rabid Puelxiteers have posted since that.

And the post from whoever wrote about all the manager changes this year was fantastic.

No guarantees of success and most likely worse than before - this really is the footballing equivalent of Brexit.

I think it is more interesting that none of the rabid Puelxiteers have posted since that.
Maybe we have jobs.

Or maybe we don’t see what one Southampton fans opinion has to do with anything. Of course they would rather they were back in 8th place with Puel, because since he left they’ve appointed duffer after duffer, sold star player after star player, and now find themselves in a relegation battle every season.

What has that got to do with us?

I will personally swim across the atlantic, steal a car and drive him to the south coast myself if we could convince them to have him back.

That's my response.

Maybe we have jobs.

Or maybe we don’t see what one Southampton fans opinion has to do with anything. Of course they would rather they were back in 8th place with Puel, because since he left they’ve appointed duffer after duffer, sold star player after star player, and now find themselves in a relegation battle every season.

What has that got to do with us?

Well I'm pleased your job finishes 12 minutes after I post.

Well the fact is they were trying to do exactly what we are trying to do as in build a young team and break the top 6, with mainly British based players. They lost a manager who almost got them there and then got rid of another who almost did the same and then dropped like a stone.

Given that there are no obvious choices of replacements and a lot would question the quality of managerial appointments King Power have made since they have owned us, there is every chance we would also employ a duffer.

We also had to sell out best ever player last summer, something which most seem to forget, so it seems like there a lot of similarities so it has a lot to do with us.

Obviously though, it doesn't fit your narrative so you just dismiss it.

I know quite a few Southampton fans

Without exception they would sooner be boiled alive in a vat of their own piss than have this wanker back anywhere near their Club

But it’s nice to see that some random gimp has provided a little boost for the deluded Puel loving feckwits

Yeah early evening really is an unusual time to finish work, very suspicious

I'm not saying that though, just very surprising as soon as I post 2 busses arrive at almost the same time.

Bloody annoying when that happens!

EDIT - Ooh that's a line already now!

I'm not saying that though, just very surprising as soon as I post 2 busses arrive at almost the same time.

Bloody annoying when that happens!

EDIT - Ooh that's a line already now!

You asked for posts, so you got them

Shocking, scary stuff on an Internet forum

Who would have thought it ?

Do you think Southampton would be in the same shit if they'd not followed his sacking with the appointment of duffers? It's like the old argument of not sacking Pea Son as we'd only get Ince. Preki anyone?

You asked for posts, so you got them

Shocking, scary stuff on an Internet forum

Who would have thought it ?

No I didn't. I just posted my opinion and thoughts.

Then this thread sparked to life again for some reason.

Given that most would say King Powers managerial appointments here have been on the whole pretty poor, what makes any of you think the next one will be any good?

After all, they've employed 'Claude The Fraude' who is absolutely shocking in most of your opinions, so what gives you the hope that the next one will be best?

Well the fact is they were trying to do exactly what we are trying to do as in build a young team and break the top 6.
Hmm. Selling all your top players and becoming Liverpool’s feeder club doesn’t exactly smack of trying to break the top 6.

But, you know, it doesn’t fit with your narrative so you just dismiss it.

Hmm. Selling all your top players and becoming Liverpool’s feeder club doesn’t exactly smack of trying to break the top 6.

But, you know, it doesn’t fit with your narrative so you just dismiss it.

But I don't just dismiss it with a shitty one liner. I actually write a detailed post explaining why I think it but you ignore the most of it.

Do you think selling their top players was their plan?? They didnt have the financial backing like we had to keep our top players, plus we actually won the sodding league!
Do you think we would have been able to keep Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Kasper etc if we hadn't won the league or got in the CL? All of the big boys would have been like vultures over us with those players showing glimpses of what they could do and we'd have had no dream to keep them here or the ability to start paying them £100k+ per week.

Unless you think that getting relegated was their grand master plan and they just failed to get near that until now?

Even if top 6 wasn't their aim, surely that would make Puel's achievement of almost doing that and winning an FA Cup even better then if he wasn't getting the backing and mantra to do so from the board/owners there?

In fact, you've convinced me he is an even better manager now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263