Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what gives you the hope that the next one will be best?

This is a really valid argument. I concur that our record in appointing managers since KP took over is largely terrible.

We clearly see the skills of Puel differently and that's fine. I see that he does have skills, I just think that they're not sufficient. He seems a nice enough chap, but he has one way of working, one tactical plan, and I don't ever see him endearing himself to an English club style, or players or supporters. He picks kids because they are malleable and he has a ready excuse when the inevitable inconsistency happens. His approach won't succeed so I don't see the point in it. The mythical improvement to become a slick, exciting, challenging team will never happen under Puel.

My judgement is that we can and should be able to get a better qualified and skilled person in the role. I absolutely accept that would be a gamble but you'll have noticed that I am a gambler. I've said elsewhere that I think that the standard of managers generally is exceptionally poor. I don't really rate anyone that highly in the Premier League except maybe Klopp. I would readily admit that I'm incredibly difficult to please when it comes to managers.

I want genius from a manager. I want commitment, energy, desire, determination, aggression and most importantly ambition from a manager. The first manager I remember was Jock Wallace and his attitude when we got promoted to Division One in 1980 was that he wanted to win the league. I'd rather a manager aim high and achieve less than constantly downplay and subdue everything.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. You're quite right about us not having a replacement in mind that ticks all my boxes and guarantees us a better future. Life's short though, and I'm bored shitless with Puel.

Did the horrendous losses to Newport and Cardiff not really happen?

I know quite a few Southampton fans

Without exception they would sooner be boiled alive in a vat of their own piss than have this wanker back anywhere near their Club

But it’s nice to see that some random gimp has provided a little boost for the deluded Puel loving feckwits
Living, as I do, 20 miles from Southampton, I know a lot of their fans and I have to disagree. With the benefit of hindsight that they have, many I've spoken to would give their right arms for an 8th place finish and a cup final now. Whilst the football was sometimes turgid, better that than the shit they've had since. The over riding feeling I get from them when talking about getting rid of Puel is "be careful what you wish for".

Living, as I do, 20 miles from Southampton, I know a lot of their fans and I have to disagree. With the benefit of hindsight that they have, many I've spoken to would give their right arms for an 8th place finish and a cup final now. Whilst the football was sometimes turgid, better that than the shit they've had since. The over riding feeling I get from them when talking about getting rid of Puel is "be careful what you wish for".
put your tin hat on mate, incoming!

Given that most would say King Powers managerial appointments here have been on the whole pretty poor, what makes any of you think the next one will be any good?

After all, they've employed 'Claude The Fraude' who is absolutely shocking in most of your opinions, so what gives you the hope that the next one will be best?

What ?

I wouldn’t call the appointment of Pearson as being ‘pretty poor’

Then, from seemingly out of nowhere, they appointed the manager who provided the single most incredible season, and achievement, in our entire history as a football club

Yes those feckers have a lot to answer for in those truly woeful managerial appointments

If they appointed Paul Ince’s arsehole hair it would be better than this clueless twat

What ?

Then, from seemingly out of nowhere, they appointed the manager who provided the single most incredible season, and achievement, in our entire history as a football club

Yes those feckers have a lot to answer for in those truly woeful managerial appointments

If they appointed Paul Ince’s arsehole hair it would be better than this clueless twat
doesn't Birch claim he was involved in getting them to rehire Pearson?

This is a really valid argument. I concur that our record in appointing managers since KP took over is largely terrible.

We clearly see the skills of Puel differently and that's fine. I see that he does have skills, I just think that they're not sufficient. He seems a nice enough chap, but he has one way of working, one tactical plan, and I don't ever see him endearing himself to an English club style, or players or supporters. He picks kids because they are malleable and he has a ready excuse when the inevitable inconsistency happens. His approach won't succeed so I don't see the point in it. The mythical improvement to become a slick, exciting, challenging team will never happen under Puel.

My judgement is that we can and should be able to get a better qualified and skilled person in the role. I absolutely accept that would be a gamble but you'll have noticed that I am a gambler. I've said elsewhere that I think that the standard of managers generally is exceptionally poor. I don't really rate anyone that highly in the Premier League except maybe Klopp. I would readily admit that I'm incredibly difficult to please when it comes to managers.

I want genius from a manager. I want commitment, energy, desire, determination, aggression and most importantly ambition from a manager. The first manager I remember was Jock Wallace and his attitude when we got promoted to Division One in 1980 was that he wanted to win the league. I'd rather a manager aim high and achieve less than constantly downplay and subdue everything.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. You're quite right about us not having a replacement in mind that ticks all my boxes and guarantees us a better future. Life's short though, and I'm bored shitless with Puel.

I don't think we necessarily see his skills differently, maybe more that I deem him to be acceptable for now and I am happy for him to see the season out whereas you think he has had long enough.

I like what he is trying to do in changing our style. You say he only has one as a criticism but when we only has one style and nailed it, we won the league.

I agree he does seem very rigid in never wanting to play with 2 out and out strikers from the start but I think he does mix it up a bit too, albeit another variation of a 4-5-1 as such. He successfully deployed 3 holding midfielders for our tough run over Christmas which we hadn't done all year, the problem was he was then too rigid with that when we didn't need to be.

I also very much like the fact he believes in building a team and developing youth rather than going for the 'chequebook manager' approach. We can't afford to do that and the best way of being able to challenge at the top is to build a team over a number of years developing players like Spurs have done. I know you like to rip on them, I do too, but you have to admit they have been successful in building a team to challenge at the top and we would love to be in their position right now.

Look at Liverpool/Klopp too - it's taken them a good 3 years to get to be real challengers and even Man City/Pep weren't much in his first year there.

I think I'm probably rambling now too but my main point is that I think you expect too much from our manager whoever it is, what you list is very few and far between for managers and for every Klopp, there are 10x more Sousa's, Sven's etc.

I also know you like to bet and it seems you aren't the most successful, well certainly not LCFC related, so I'll stick with what I have ta.

Good post though and at least some thought out reasoning rather than the inane rabble from most others.

Well we know very different Southampton fans, then

The ones I know despise the bloke.

The fact that they’ve appointed complete wankers afterwards is a completely different issue

Also, I forgot to add that I most certainly do not see Puel as the best manager we have or could have. I just think he is good enough and worth sticking with for longer rather than a gamble that could backfire spectacularly when we are not very far away at all from getting it right.

Obviously if the remainder of the season was to go badly I would back his sacking but let's see how the rest of the season goes first.

I can see why people get frustrated but it's like they are oblivious to anything positive and for me, the positives outweigh the negatives for me right now.

No, despite living no where near there, homer knows more Soton fans than you.....

Hahahahahhaa

What difference does that make?
didn't say it did, it just came to mind reading the posts, IIRC the story Birch tells is that he told them to bring Pearson back as he was the only man for the job or some such.

Obviously it's still up to them

Yes, and isn't that the risk we run?

I suspect that's the reason Puel is still here. I reckon the next manager isn't available until the summer. If it's because the manager is ****ing about at Celtic then I'm not sure I'm happy with that.

I suspect that's the reason Puel is still here. I reckon the next manager isn't available until the summer. If it's because the manager is ****ing about at Celtic then I'm not sure I'm happy with that.
he wants to win a treble treble, apparently its never been done before and sees that as a perfect sign off either way.

the chance to take their manager and key star (you'd assume Rodgers would want at least one player from them most do) in payback 18/19 years later does make my vindictive side happy though

What ?

You mean the Pearson they sacked?

Sousa

Sven

Shakespeare

Puel

And I am calling Ranieri a fluke appointment as it was a crazy season never to be seen again. Didn't work out well the following season and most weren't happy with the appointment at the time.

On the whole, their record of hiring & firing hasn't been great.

You mean the Pearson they sacked?

Sousa

Sven

Shakespeare

Puel

And I am calling Ranieri a fluke appointment as it was a crazy season never to be seen again. Didn't work out well the following season and most weren't happy with the appointment at the time.

On the whole, their record hasn't been great.
first manager they sacked was Sven, Pearson and Sousa were Mandaric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265