Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is supposed to be a big transfer window for City. A new manager who will probably not see the team play, or even meet all the players, before some go off to the World Cup and others to holidays; a shorten transfer window and enormous expectations (9th isn't good enough for Puel). What could possibly go wrong? (Or, do I mean; how could it possibly go right?)

One may argue as to whether Puel was the right choice, or no but, sacking him now represents a major faux pas by the owners and puts the club's continued Premier League future in doubt. I think they have to have faith in their choice, back him with the transfer funds, and pray that next season sees the performances that everybody wants.

This is where I stand. I wasn't happy with the Puel appointment but could see the reasoning behind it given his previous achievements in France and given that Southampton seemingly harshly sacked him and have gone on to be considerably worse off. I also think we should give him time because Rome wasn't built in a day but with every passing game of complete tripe that is served up with not only a lack of improvement and progress (I'd say we are gradually regressing...) it becomes harder and harder to justify keeping him on.

Ultimately I think he'll get the boot. Our owners aren't renowned for patience, I think they'll chalk this up as a mistake on their part and throw money at someone like Wenger in the hope we can get a bigger name in.

If there isn't a significant improvement in the 2nd half I will be very surprised if he survives much beyond the weekend, major surgery required in the summer, it really is time for the break up of the title winning squad, the place needs a refresh and there are too many past their sell by date living off past achievements.

Puel is gone, its when not if, the question is when will we get a proper DoF to replace the charlatan Jon Rudkin and will the squad be overhauled this summer as it so desperately need to be

half the ****ing squad need clearing out everytime a manager changes things they play shite

The fact he brought back Morgan has done it for me he has to go

I have to agree that, after that performance and some of the decisions by Claude Puel, it is difficult to see him remaining, or to keep up an argument for same.

Were we to have the ability to attract a top manager in his place, I would seriously consider becoming a turncoat and joining the 'Puel out' tide. The problem is that I cannot see a realistic name who we could attract. Par for the course would be for us to make a request to Manchester City to talk to Pep Guardiola and, when this is rebuffed, bring in Alan Pardew.

I like to be positive, but this is the worst position in which we have been (in terms of the club organisation) since relegation to the First Division.

Get half the ****ing board out as well.

Constant shit decision making. If it's not held to account this time I'll be fuming.

Rudkin needs to **** off now.

It seem that Mr. Puel cannot get this team to play any more.

No matter who he picks, be it Stringfellow, Weller, Shilton, Lineker, Vardy, Walsh, Nish, Thatcher, Wilson, May, (hang on, these are starting to sound like prime-ministers), Mr Puel cannot make the players play for Leicester City.

No Bloody Good. sack everyone.

I think that's the problem with sacking Puel. People just assume it's going to be better. Let's go in for Wenger, Benitez etc both of which would be a better appointment. But usually that doesn't come off and we'll wind up with *insert name of whichever shit manager happens to be stepping off the merry-go-round at the time*. Currently that's the Pardew. I like to think bringing in Puel at least shows our owners have the ability to think outside the box so hopefully we'll avoid that. But there is the very real possibility that we'll wind up in a worse position like Southampton have done.

But there is the very real possibility that we'll wind up in a worse position like Southampton have done

Of course we will if, like them, we make a stupid appointment. If we employ someone a little more proven in the league we may just do better.

Why would he do that?
he lives in Northampton so closer to home and would likely pay a lot more ,that said he is Burnley manager for as long as he wants it but I think they will go down next season as they won't cope with the EL games on top of league games

Hard to see him staying now. His post match interview he basically admitted he doesn't have the support of the dressing room, and it's more than evident from today's performance.

One of 2 things needs to happen now. Either he leaves, or the board give him their complete support publicly for him to transform the squad in the summer. For better or worse, I think the former is more likely.

This is the picture that will summarise the clowns period in charge. The final whistle sounds, we lose 5-0, all the backroom staff and players are in need of their boss and he's . . .

Db4aai3WkAAyaTI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570