Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puel knows we have been worked out and we needed a different style of play his error has been trying to change things too fast, also publicly saying there will be big changes in the summer will not have helped his cause.

We need a clear out of playing staff not the manager.

They probably need to negotiate a settlement first, unless they're going to pay him for the rest of his contract.

Maybe there's something already in the contract that will allow us to get rid of him at the end of this season.

The negotiations are probably going sideways and then backwards.

Please plase stop going on about the forthcomin massive clear out, we're going to get rid of all the troublesome old guard blah blah blah.

That simply won't happen, so stop thinking this is some computer game where you can easily sell a dozen players and bring another dozen in without a care in the world

Football doesn't work like that. It just doesn't

Most of our squad, 'troublesome old guard' included, are here on longish, very well paid contracts and will only leave if someone out there actually wants to come in and buy them and they are prepared to go

Even if you can find buyers for some of them (and they'll be the good ones) the majority of the current squad will still be here - and add to that lot the likes of Musa, Slimani, Mendy, Ulloa, King etc. who will all be shuffling back through the door in a couple of weeks

We will undoubtedly buy some new faces over the summer, but most of the players everyone now hates, and who all clearly feckin' hate Puel, will be here at the start of the season

So bring in a manager who can assess what he's got, actually understand what he's got, and identify the very best way to play with what he's got. And THEN add the missing bits, if he can fnd them and they're willining to come

Please plase stop going on about the forthcomin massive clear out, we're going to get rid of all the troublesome old guard blah blah blah.

That simply won't happen, so stop thinking this is some computer game where you can easily sell a dozen players and bring another dozen in without a care in the world

Most of our squad, 'troublesome old guard' included, are here on longish, very well paid contracts and will only leave if someone out there actually wants to come in and buy them and they are prepared to go

Even if you can find buyers for some of them (and they'll be the good ones) the majority of the current squad will still be here - and add to that lot the likes of Musa, Slimani, Mendy, Ulloa, King etc. who will all be shuffling back through the door in a couple of weeks

We will undoubtedly buy some new faces over the summer, but most of the players everyone now hates, and who all clearly feckin' hate Puel, will be here at the start of the season

So bring in a manager who can assess what he's got, actually understand what he's got, and identify the very best way to play with what he's got. And THEN add the missing bits, if he can fnd them and they're willining to come

Fair point and often overlooked, however players like Musa and Mendy have been doing very well for their clubs they're on loan at so may get bought or come back in great form. As for the rest such as Ulloa, King etc while they are on high wages and are in no way forced to leave due to their contracts, Ulloa has showed how much he values play time so may be willing to move to a smaller club with a smaller contract. King has also showed it's not just about the money as he's been with us for so long even in League 1, so may well do the same. The issue are players such as Simpson, Slimani, and other unwanted players who are in poor form, on high wages with long length contracts, and show no indication they're motivated by anything but the money. However if we sell at a low price and just accept the loss on Slimani, there WILL be a club willing to buy. It would get them off the wage bill and we WOULD get at least something for them.
Interested to hear people's thoughts...

I think we need 1 or 2 experienced leaders (ala Cambiasso) to pull the dressing room together and lead on the pitch (something we have been lacking for some time)

Puel isn't an inspiring character, and Morgan doesn't seem to offer any encouragement or direction on the pitch, and is now setting an awful example with his performances.

At last some sense!

I can’t see Puel surviving yesterdays result particularly on the back of about 4 months abject results.

If I were Puel, after yesterday's performance, I would actually be grateful to be offered the sack. Big pay-out and a chance to get away from a bunch of entitled shysters. I wouldn't be surprised if that was his very thought as he dashed down the tunnel at the end of the game.

God help the next bloke!

why would you come to Leicester with the possibility the players will have strop?

whilst it can't happen over one window it must start, the main leaders need to be moved on even if its just on loan to get them out of the club

whilst it can't happen over one window it must start, the main leaders need to be moved on even if its just on loan to get them out of the club
The chairman needs to put his foot down and stop this for good, if Puel is still in the hot seat on Saturday I would play the U23 with Chilwell, Maguire and Vardy the rest can **** off !

The chairman needs to put his foot down and stop this for good, if Puel is still in the hot seat on Saturday I would play the U23 with Chilwell, Maguire and Vardy the rest can **** off !
if I were the owner I would have called a meeting last night and made it clear to them Puel is staying and if they don't want to play under him then they needn't turn up for training, in most situations like this its usually a core group causing a problem the rest just want to get on with things

if I were the owner I would have called a meeting last night and made it clear to them Puel is staying and if they don't want to play under him then they needn't turn up for training, in most situations like this its usually a core group causing a problem the rest just want to get on with things
Great idea. I would love to experience some championship football again.

Well thank feck you're not the owner, then, because that's quite possibly the most stupid, most ridiculous, most ludicrous pile of shit that's ever been posted on this forum

And there's been plenty of competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670