Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Results of course will be judged ultimately but performance levels will need to be high.

I've been confused by where I stand with Puel. I've seen the dogshit we played for part of last season and also I've seen some fabulous football at times especially when he first took over.

He said it himself, he needs time. Having preseason is important imo. If he has a shaky start, especially with performances, then he has nowhere to hide. He's not a miracle worker and very few are. I'd rather have someone who has an average start and then builds and does well than someone who tends to get results instantly and then fizzles out like Pardew so typically did and Allaradyce does.

Right now he's our manager so positivity and all that is important. Negativity is so easy to spread amongst the faithful. Im not saying be fake but have some hope that he can do well. We could well finish 6th or 7th. Sometimes I feel that certain fans almost want him to fail because they're so convinced he's not good enough or that he's gonna to fail anyway.

People are always going to have their opinions but we can't actually do anything to affect his future (well we can protest from the stands etc but we can't directly do anything) so let's try get behind the manager and give him as much support as we can. The media will already be putting pressure on him if things don't get difficult in the first 3 games, we don't need to increase that pressure unless it's evident that he's completely useless.

Puel In. For now. With a preseason under his belt and until he proves otherwise.

What a wise post and a good length.

Still waiting for Puel to get it out.

Can't wait

Puel in...Puel out...**** me it's Brexit all over again.

Still that's all turning out swimmingly well so nowt to worry about I guess.

Who are the baddies in this in/out argument? I want to be on the side of the baddies this time.

One piece of slack that I am willing to cut Claudiola is that our recruitment has been shite for the third summer in a row.

One piece of slack that I am willing to cut Claudiola is that our recruitment has been shite for the third summer in a row.

Really frustrating though, isn't it?

We made such a good start. Maddison, Pereira and Evans all look like good, exciting signings, and all in positions we needed.

Got the business done early and in the right places.

But since then... Nothing. We're still being linked with the right players/positions that make sense, so I think theres something in the rumours. Left back, another centre back, winger. All needed. And if we get those signings right, we could have a really good squad.

But no one is coming in, so what's going wrong? For yet another summer, I'm looking at Rudkin and wondering what he's doing...

Really frustrating though, isn't it?

We made such a good start. Maddison, Pereira and Evans all look like good, exciting signings, and all in positions we needed.

Got the business done early and in the right places.

But since then... Nothing. We're still being linked with the right players/positions that make sense, so I think theres something in the rumours. Left back, another centre back, winger. All needed. And if we get those signings right, we could have a really good squad.

But no one is coming in, so what's going wrong? For yet another summer, I'm looking at Rudkin and wondering what he's doing...
Yep. An unlimited pot of money, plus the sale of Mahrez and the only attacking player we’ve signed is a talented but unproven no.10 from the Championship. Quite happy to sit on our hands and watch everyone else sign players when we really badly need improvements. I only see Musa at a push coming in from the cold to supplement the attack..... Hardly gets the pulse racing.

The difficulty I have in working out how I feel we’ve done in this transfer market, is that we are always going to be weaker now that Mahrez has left. We didn’t want him to go, but were probably in a position where we couldn’t stop it happening.

It doesn’t matter who the current manager or director of football are, we’re bound to feel like we haven’t done really well when a player of his ability leaves.

The difficulty I have in working out how I feel we’ve done in this transfer market, is that we are always going to be weaker now that Mahrez has left. We didn’t want him to go, but were probably in a position where we couldn’t stop it happening.

It doesn’t matter who the current manager or director of football are, we’re bound to feel like we haven’t done really well when a player of his ability leaves.
Mahrez of 2 years ago was irreplaceable
Mahrez of the last 2 years, not so much.
Here's a question,
Last season you had him on loan, with the potential to buy him for £30 million.
Would you?
Don't reflect on seasons gone by, only last season.

Would you?

Yes. Without a doubt.

The only players in the Prem with more assists than him last season played for the team that won it. Why wouldn't you want to keep a player like that? Why would Manchester City break their transfer record to sign him if he's been as bad as you say for the last two years?

Last edited:
Yes. Without a doubt.

The only players in the Prem with more assists than him last season played for the team that won it. Why wouldn't you want to keep a player like that? Why would Manchester City break their transfer record to sign him if he's been as bad as you say for the last two years?

If he had actually played like in our premier league winning season (can never tire of saying that) for the last 2 seasons, he would have gone for a lot more money and to his real "dream move"

Mahrez of 2 years ago was irreplaceable
Mahrez of the last 2 years, not so much.
Here's a question,
Would you?
Don't reflect on seasons gone by, only last season.
It may well be that somebody we buy provides more, but until we see them in action, we won’t know. Whatever you think of him for the past season or so, he was undoubtedly one of the most important members of our team, therefore we start out by weakening ourselves when he was sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263