Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought. Just thinking about what could happen over the next six months or so.

No-one know what will happen and the way things change, ANYTHING could happen. Almost.

Sorry, am I hallucinating? I seem to be seeing some folk suggesting Martin O' Neill as a successor to Puel.

Look, I want Puel gone as soon as possible but let's not get so desperate as to think this could be a good idea in any way. As for Sousa.... Jesus ****ing wept people.

I don’t think we’ll get anyone of note at this point in the season. Having seen the likes of Sousa and Pearson suggested, I don’t see MoN as such a bad idea until the end of the season and then get our preferred candidate (whoever that might be).

Sorry, am I hallucinating? I seem to be seeing some folk suggesting Martin O' Neill as a successor to Puel.

Look, I want Puel gone as soon as possible but let's not get so desperate as to think this could be a good idea in any way. As for Sousa.... Jesus ****ing wept people.

I agree that Sousa is a dreadful idea. However, if you believe what his agent says. he was in talks with Vichai in October so he's an option.

I can't comprehend the anti-O'Neill sentiment. He's a terrific man-manager. Just exactly what this group needs just now, even for a short period. He's been offered the job twice by our owners too.

In the circumstances, I think it is highly likely that it will be someone Top / Rudkin know reasonably well.

I agree that Sousa is a dreadful idea. However, if you believe what his agent says. he was in talks with Vichai in October so he's an option.

I can't comprehend the anti-O'Neill sentiment. He's a terrific man-manager. Just exactly what this group needs just now, even for a short period. He's been offered the job twice by our owners too.

In the circumstances, I think it is highly likely that it will be someone Top / Rudkin know reasonably well.
He hasn't got what it takes for a job like this. Truth be told, he hasn't been great in the last few appointments he has been given and there are many players who have gone on record to suggest he is most certainly not a good man- manager.

He hasn't got what it takes for a job like this. Truth be told, he hasn't been great in the last few appointments he has been given and there are many players who have gone on record to suggest he is most certainly not a good man- manager.
I often think he's got too much Clough in him. Fine for a certain type of environment but not compatible with a progressive 2010s football club.

I often think he's got too much Clough in him. Fine for a certain type of environment but not compatible with a progressive 2010s football club.
Exactly. Players and their expectations/attitudes are markedly different from the heady days of his first stint with us. He'd struggle to get the best out of quite a few players.

Outside of his last six months at Sunderland and his last year at Ireland, I can't see anything negative about him.

There are quite a few Villa fans who would disagree with you. His years at Celtic count for the square root of **** all.
I'd probably take issue with those Villa fans, honestly. Three sixth-place finishes in four seasons after finishing 16th under O'Leary can't be sneezed at. But unless you count turning the SPL from a two team league into a one team league, it's the only thing he's done of value since leaving Filbert Street.

I'd probably take issue with those Villa fans, honestly. Three sixth-place finishes in four seasons after finishing 16th under O'Leary can't be sneezed at. But unless you count turning the SPL from a two team league into a one team league, it's the only thing he's done of value since leaving Filbert Street.
You wouldn’t count getting through the Euro 2016 group stage including a victory against Italy, with a very poor Ireland squad, of value?

You wouldn’t count getting through the Euro 2016 group stage including a victory against Italy, with a very poor Ireland squad, of value?
Nah, not really. They finished third in a group of 4, in a proper tournament that would mean elimination. International football is a load of old shite anyway.

I think the idea of an interim appointment is dangerous. If the new man does as well as we hope we're almost compelled to give him the job. Cue another mid season sacking and another wasted season.

Whenever we sack Puel it needs to be for a man we see a future with and are willing to invest with. That's why I think it's better to wait till the end of the season.

He did a terrific job at both of those clubs.
Puel would do a fantastic job at Celtic. So would my grandma. She's dead. There were lots of Villa fans who thought they should have done better as well and he left in dubious circumstances. Finishing 3rd in a group of 4 in international football is hardly setting the world alight either. I like the guy, I really do but he is not cut out for top flight management with a club like ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757