Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I’m not trying to be confrontational. I’m genuinely interested to see how people who appear to see things differently view our current situation.
Pork Pie Fox, thank you for asking.
Under Claude, and quite recently, I have seen us play some bloody good football, albeit for 30 -45 minutes in a game.
Claude has blooded a lot of young players, He also has to move players out/on that cannot adapt to a more passing game.
Many clamour for the counter attacking football that won us the league, saying it's our way of playing.
We did it for 1 season (what a season)!
Many players played above themselves that season. Many could never replicate that season.
We had to evolve as a team.
Claudio tried - failed (sadly)
Bring in Shakey, all seemed well as the "snakes" started playing, then it all turned sour and he was shown the door.
Bring in Claude.
Again, many clamour to play to Vardy's strength.
He is 32, no one else can play that role like him, we are bringing a lot of youngsters in to the team. The future.
For the long term, JV should be the one to adapt.

I want our club to be successful. I never want them to lose just to get rid of a manager.
I'd never bet against them. Even my SkySport Super 6 never has them losing (Not doing too well on that score).

I've seen many managers over the 50+ years I've supported my club.
I've seen some good football, I've seen some crap football.
Whatever happens next is out of my hands, I think the Claude outers may get their wish.
Not too many years ago if Leicester lost, don't talk to me for at least 3 days.
I see that in many keyboard fans.
Now, well, it does piss me off, but it doesn't get me down, like it does some.

Hope that answers your question. ;)

He's a gonner because we've progressed **** all in a year despite him getting some signings and clearing some out.

Imagine how excited the players would be if they got someome with some motivation and man management in.

I reckon you'd see quite a turnaround on the pitch

Articles in the daily wail and the grauniad today suggest he is a dead man walking. If the players really don't want him it's hard to see us winning for the rest of the year.

He's a gonner because we've progressed **** all in a year despite him getting some signings and clearing some out.

Imagine how excited the players would be if they got someome with some motivation and man management in.

I reckon you'd see quite a turnaround on the pitch
I was firmly in the keep camp for quite some time as I do believe our style had to change slightly from that season.

He has done some great things, bringing on Chilwell and the age of the squad lowering plus he does seem to want to bring on the youth, all positive for me.

If we take it as red that he doesn’t choose which players we buy but is tasked with their integration then this has gone poorly.

There are unfortunately a few things that are very negative about him that will ultimately end in his demise:

1. The freezing out of Andy King. Whether he is good enough or not you simply do not treat someone who has been at the club so long, so poorly.

2. He continues to play players out of position even though he has players at his disposal whose natural position is the one he keeps messing about with. There are lots of examples but one stands out to me and this is the destruction of Maddison.

3. He is a stubborn twat.

4.His throwing away of the recent cup tie. His selection was inept and baffling. We were poor for a large proportion of the game. If he had started off with the team that ended the match I believe we would have won that tie.

I’m sorry but as I’ve said previously we have 6-7 players who would walk into the starting 11 of most other teams in the premier league.

We should be challenging for 6th to 7th place but ultimately we will end up about 13rh and this simply isn’t good enough with this squad, for the owners and ultimately the fans.

If you stop listening to others, stop doing what makes sense, isolate yourself and dig yourself into a hole of your own making, what do you think is going to happen?

Irrespective of whatever we're seeing on the pitch, it sounds like it's much, much worse off it.

I'm surprised that he hasn't taken the tragic events of eight weeks ago and used them to reset his relationships and position. The only reason why an intelligent person wouldn't do that is a total inability to admit that you're wrong.

As fans, it has been obvious since day one that he has a system and a style of play that he uses irrespective of the options he has available and irrespective of the opposition. If that's your way to manage, then your system and approach has to work. He is a cheap imitation of Wenger isn't he? Pig-headed to the last.

Imagine him as the captain of a ship. He is sure of his course but his crew soon start telling him he's veering off course and needs to attend to the weather forecasts or the maps or the required repairs. Not true he insists. On and on it goes until he steers his ship to the bottom of the ocean.

Puel is a poor leader. He is a poor manager. He is detaching me from my club in a way I couldn't have ever imagined. I have tickets now and look for excuses not to use them. I have no interest in watching the same old dreary failings over and over again when these should be great times to watch Leicester City.

Our club is better than Puel. Our players deserve better than Puel. We all deserve better than Puel.

I can’t be arsed with the arguments anymore and as such I don’t care if they sack him or not, he was given a remit to modify the style of play and lower the age of the team, he’s started 1 and done the other, the rise of Chilwell is something we should thank him for having the courage to stick with him, Maddison said Puel was part of the reason he came.

Puel is failing to get the team to gel as it stands, personally I like King but him being frozen out doesn’t bother me. I thought Silva would be made for this system but he’s not clicked either.

Though I would love to ask why Wes Morgan is still in the team

Pork Pie Fox, thank you for asking.
Under Claude, and quite recently, I have seen us play some bloody good football, albeit for 30 -45 minutes in a game.
Claude has blooded a lot of young players, He also has to move players out/on that cannot adapt to a more passing game.
Many clamour for the counter attacking football that won us the league, saying it's our way of playing.
We did it for 1 season (what a season)!
Many players played above themselves that season. Many could never replicate that season.
We had to evolve as a team.
Claudio tried - failed (sadly)
Bring in Shakey, all seemed well as the "snakes" started playing, then it all turned sour and he was shown the door.
Bring in Claude.
Again, many clamour to play to Vardy's strength.
He is 32, no one else can play that role like him, we are bringing a lot of youngsters in to the team. The future.
For the long term, JV should be the one to adapt.

I want our club to be successful. I never want them to lose just to get rid of a manager.
I'd never bet against them. Even my SkySport Super 6 never has them losing (Not doing too well on that score).

I've seen many managers over the 50+ years I've supported my club.
I've seen some good football, I've seen some crap football.
Whatever happens next is out of my hands, I think the Claude outers may get their wish.
Not too many years ago if Leicester lost, don't talk to me for at least 3 days.
I see that in many keyboard fans.
Now, well, it does piss me off, but it doesn't get me down, like it does some.

Hope that answers your question. ;)

Interesting. I realise not everyone feels the same about the situation, so it’s good to understand why people feel like that. Thanks for the replies, both :023:

If we do sack Puel soon, our options appear to be very limited.

We have nobody that naturally would assume control within the club. No Shakespeare or Appleton this time.

So we will have to make a very quick decision. In fact, we would need to be talking to someone in advance of the decision to get rid. Man Utd have just had exactly the same quandary and their solution was odd to say the least.

The articles mention Rodgers and it seems as though his name is strongly linked to us. However, anyone in a job will be difficult to recruit mid-season, especially when we need someone immediately. I can't see the best candidates being available until the summer.

Therefore, we probably have to do a variation of what Man Utd have done. A stop-gap appointment until the end of the season. If we want the familiar, I can see this being Pearson, or Appleton, or even Sousa. Remember there were claims that we'd sounded Sousa out in October.

If we go for a name that is out of work and would do the job for a few months, you're talking the usual suspects - Allardyce, Bruce, etc.

I stumbled across this article earlier. It probably suits all parties and may actually be the perfect short term appointment. For fans of my generation, it would reinvigorate us instantly: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ecome-grandfather-dont-think-done-management/

Whoever we appoint it will be underwhelming and have no link to a particular club philosophy whatsoever.

We just pick managers out of a hat

BN you might have a point about Sousa, but it would be an incredibly “brave” decision considering it’s unlikely to get the fans on side from day 1.

I almost don’t care who we pick as interim manager. Bring Pearson in for all I care...

Just sack Puel.

Why do we need an interim manager? Why does he need to have worked for the club before? Southampton and Fulham were in much worse positions than us and they didn’t need to do either.

There is zero historical evidence that this is likely with our club; but a well-run club would have already identified tbe new manager and have him ready to employ as soon as they sack Puel.

Our owners rightly get a lot of praise. But they are terrible at manager succession planning.

I would be ok with Pearson as he would have a bounce effect that would at least keep us in the Premier League this season.

Having read the MON interview posted by Brown Nose, I can't think of anyone better than him right now. He has a point to prove and would definitely take us to the next level.

I would be ok with Pearson as he would have a bounce effect that would at least keep us in the Premier League this season.

Having read the MON interview posted by Brown Nose, I can't think of anyone better than him right now. He has a point to prove and would definitely take us to the next level.
O’Neill’s days of managing in the Premier League are well and truly over. He may very well take is to a different level but I don’t wanna gamble as to what level that might be. Pearson’s managerial record since leaving has been abysmal.

And if he brought Keane in as his assistant, the entertainment would be sensational.

David G might spontaneously combust.

Hypothetical.

How about the idea of Puel being something like 'Director Of Football'?

I do not like 'Director Of Football' stuff myself. The manager should be able to oversee what is happening regards player signing, coaching players, picking line-ups and playing style but I'm old school.

Puel has good points but he seems to have serious issues with the basic on field stuff. A more dynamic coach/manager to run the day to day things but with Puel to be overseeing the background.

Just a thought.

Hypothetical.

How about the idea of Puel being something like 'Director Of Football'?

I do not like 'Director Of Football' stuff myself. The manager should be able to oversee what is happening regards player signing, coaching players, picking line-ups and playing style but I'm old school.

Puel has good points but he seems to have serious issues with the basic on field stuff. A more dynamic coach/manager to run the day to day things but with Puel to be overseeing the background.

Just a thought.

Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861