Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a Puel Outter yet, but I had a dream last night that we lose this weekend and he gets the boot.

I feel like it could happen.

I'm not a Puel Outter yet, but I had a dream last night that we lose this weekend and he gets the boot.

I feel like it could happen.
I think it’ll depend on the type of defeat. If we actually go for it, take the game to them, and lose (a bit similar to last season at Stamford Bridge, even though we drew), I don’t think he will.

However if we do what we usually do against a big team and decide we’ve lost before we even get there, play like scared little bunny rabbits, and just try to defend to keep it to a 2-0 defeat, then yes I think it could happen.

The fan base has never been united since the night Claudio was sacked, I like the remit they gave Puel, stick with that but if putting a new face on it cuts out the anamosity then go for it, what ever happens Puel won’t work in this country again after us

I think the concerns over Puel are starting to bleed into the media now. James Richardson’s pod talked about it a bit and he’s now odds on for the boot.

I think the concerns over Puel are starting to bleed into the media now. James Richardson’s pod talked about it a bit and he’s now odds on for the boot.
I don't think anyone wants him to do badly I just think we as fans have more ambition, he seems to be so negative and it is the complete antehisis from when first took over. I understand when he says he wants the ball passed quicker, but I am dumbfounded when he selects Ndidi and Mendy together and puts Maddison on the wing, we have no one to play his style yet he persists with it.

He then randomly gives three at the back a go against Arsenal at the Emirates, which went pretty well as it was the best half of football we had played all season, and then we haven’t seen it since.

Claude Not got a Clue-El

I don't think anyone wants him to do badly I just think we as fans have more ambition, he seems to be so negative and it is the complete antehisis from when first took over. I understand when he says he wants the ball passed quicker, but I am dumbfounded when he selects Ndidi and Mendy together and puts Maddison on the wing, we have no one to play his style yet he persists with it.
We had 1 good season at counter attacking football. (Mind you, what a season).
Many of those players could never play to that level again.
They'd reached the pinnacle of their career.
It needed sorting, however it's not a short term quick fix.
Some players can adapt, some can't.
When you have so many young players mistakes will be made.
They are still learning their trade!
In some games, we have played some bloody good football, sometimes it has been laboured.
It's the laboured side that some people want to concentrate on sadly :(

He then randomly gives three at the back a go against Arsenal at the Emirates, which went pretty well as it was the best half of football we had played all season, and then we haven’t seen it since.

Claude Not got a Clue-El

From my memory we were good for 30 mins then torn apart like I would Homeywomeypants beneath some naughty mistletoe.

From my memory we were good for 30 mins then torn apart like I would Homeywomeypants beneath some naughty mistletoe.
Best half an hour of the season. It was probably too exciting for Puel, seeing as he deemed it not worth trying again since.

I want him gone. But it would be interesting to know if Southampton fans would take him back, given how things have gone for them since he left. What would you pick out of a.) 'stay in the prem playing the most boring 'football' you've ever seen or b.) get relegated.

Southampton was a bit different though. They sold players and then didn’t really recover. We have a quality squad but aren’t getting the best out of them. We have enough quality to both stay in the Prem and play decent football.

Every day he's still here I get more bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566