Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve seen an increase in tempo in these last 2 games, simple as that. Starved of possession, we’ve been forced to go forward quicker and earlier which suits Vardy. It will be interesting to see if we regress to sideways and backwards when Cardiff retreat and sit back, allowing us to bring the ball forward. I don’t think Puel or the players have instigated the change, it’s been forced upon us.

There was a long period in the 2nd half where despite Man City being urtershite we still sat back and did **** all to take it to them .

It's this part of the game that seems most Puelesq to me.

They were asking to be hit hard on the counter and we just stood there

Ndidi looked particularly pathetic at one point when he had the ball and space to operate and just simply shit it.

This takes us to half way through the season, and we're in 7th place.

No one expects us to be above any of the 6 clubs above us. But we're above all the rest.

That's good going, and if we're there at the end of the season then we would've had a good year.

Puel is by no means doing a bad job.

We haven't played well often enough, and there's plenty of room for improvement. But these last 2 games make that last bit feel like a positive.

If we can play better or go higher than we are now, that will be a very good season.

I've just seen Claude, Mrs. Claude and three mini Claude's returning from a shopping expedition in the Highcross.

Maybe the arrival of his family made a difference over recent days? Maybe the club need to get them over here more often.

I've just seen Claude, Mrs. Claude and three mini Claude's returning from a shopping expedition in the Highcross.

Maybe the arrival of his family made a difference over recent days? Maybe the club need to get them over here more often.
Maybe he was looking for a new striker in the John Lewis sale?

That's intriguing. Maybe he is as conservative with his finances as he is with his tactics.

But on a more serious note perhaps he wanted to entertain his kids after they'd told him "Daddy, your football is booooooooring!"

Today is why I can’t see him staying after the summer as we float around midtable. We have to hope we can keep Harry and Chilwell for another year. Doubtful, but you never know.

Today is why I can’t see him staying after the summer as we float around midtable. We have to hope we can keep Harry and Chilwell for another year. Doubtful, but you never know.
That's what worries me. If we can't push on from here we will start losing our best players. These guys are ambitious and the club needs to show that ambition too. Listening to piper on RL summed it up well. Puel doesn't help himself with his stubbornness and some of his team selections and that is what is frustrating fans.

TBH, I am not bothered if Maguire goes as long as we keep Benkovic and Soyuncu. Harry was so slow chasing one of their forwards today it looked like he was running backwards. I felt embarrassed for him.

The trouble is Synoucu always has a major mistake in every game.

This game he didn’t disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570