Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. Soyuncu is clearly a very talented player but he is clearly lacking in experience. On Saturday I thought there were too many times when he was trying to play the killer ball instead of simply giving it to a nearby player.
He had a distinct lack of easy options at times, mind.

Spot on. Soyuncu is clearly a very talented player but he is clearly lacking in experience. On Saturday I thought there were too many times when he was trying to play the killer ball instead of simply giving it to a nearby player.

He had no ****er worth passing to anywhere near him.

He was playing all of the balls himself as we didn't have a midfield.

He looked thoroughly pissed off with it by the end of the game and I don't blame him.

If the option is give it to Ndidi to lose it next to you and put you under immediate pressure or twat it up the pitch to give you a minute then pick your option.

He had no ****er worth passing to anywhere near him.

He was playing all of the balls himself as we didn't have a midfield.

He looked thoroughly pissed off with it by the end of the game and I don't blame him.

If the option is give it to Ndidi to lose it next to you and put you under immediate pressure or twat it up the pitch to give you a minute then pick your option.
Which brings into question (again) the playing style. A possession based approach is only possible with good movement and options. Without that, it won’t work.

Which brings into question (again) the playing style. A possession based approach is only possible with good movement and options. Without that, it won’t work.

Which is so plainly obvious to everyone.

How can you play a passing game without good movement?

Yet the manager was never instructing them to move more from the sidelines.

How often do we have to keep doing the same thing over and over again?

Until the summer.

Exactly.

A thread started back in March and now at 76 pages, and he’s still here.

Incredible stuff.

Another Mot D classic from 84/85.
Andy Peake.
A midfielder that got the crowd excited with his forward running and shooting.

Could do with a player like that now.
Nearest we have to that is Harry.

Another Mot D classic from 84/85.
Andy Peake.
A midfielder that got the crowd excited with his forward running and shooting.

Could do with a player like that now.
Nearest we have to that is Harry.
Maddison should be exactly that. All we need to do is to play him in the right position with the right players around him.

I tell you what ****s me off as well - 11 men back defending corners. When we win the ball back, we have no choice but to hoof it back to them.

I wouldn’t mind 11 men back at a corner if were clinging onto a 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge. But at home to Cardiff when we’re 0-0? Do me a favour.

What ****s me off (not mutually exclusive, mind) is that our default always seems to turn back towards goal.

We piss about along the back line for a bit, eventually working it out to either LB or RB, we then carry the ball up the channels, create a dead end, turn round and repeat the above.

It’s so negative and pointless. It’s as if Puel is telling them not to get it into the box?

I tell you what ****s me off as well - 11 men back defending corners. When we win the ball back, we have no choice but to hoof it back to them.

I wouldn’t mind 11 men back at a corner if were clinging onto a 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge. But at home to Cardiff when we’re 0-0? Do me a favour.
Yep. I said the same on Saturday.

He did that on Wednesday too ;-)

Ive spent too much time losing my mind about this so far this season.

It's absolute ****ing madness

Ive spent too much time losing my mind about this so far this season.

It's absolute ****ing madness
that's not a Puel thing it's something we've done consistently under our last 6 managers (it feels that way anyway)

I've never understood why we don't leave 3 people on the half way line, one on the centre spot and one on each touch line, they have to leave 4 back at least as a result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566