Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
we were never on course for 5th this season if that's what people think then they are completely deluded
We were set up nicely and then the wheels came off spectacularly Burnley couldn't buy a win and Arsenal were awful we blew it against the like s of Palace at home.

We were set up nicely and then the wheels came off spectacularly Burnley couldn't buy a win and Arsenal were awful we blew it against the like s of Palace at home.
we were still never on course for 5th, maybe we could have caught Arsenal for 6th but even that would have been a huge task, 7th was always the most realistic target

Homer we were bang in form and positioned nicely a few months back

First of all, that is complete bollocks

Secondly, if it was even remotely true (and of course it isn't ), then Puel has royally fecked us up big time, hasn't he

The problem we had all season is a lack of a creative midfield. No real support for the forwards and no real support to the defence. This is all down to bad recruitment, remember Puel wasn't here to do that. Teams playing us have had acres of space in midfield that has been obvious. But to blame that on Puel is ludicrous. As Big Mac says we have perhaps 4 or 5 class players and 75% average players. No matter what manager you have, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear

The problem we had all season is a lack of a creative midfield. No real support for the forwards and no real support to the defence. This is all down to bad recruitment, remember Puel wasn't here to do that. Teams playing us have had acres of space in midfield that has been obvious. But to blame that on Puel is ludicrous. As Big Mac says we have perhaps 4 or 5 class players and 75% average players. No matter what manager you have, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear
I think the problem over the past few months is that we have been absolutely ****ing shite. Also, if we cannot blame Puel who the hell do we blame for our tactically shite approach.

Not sure about that. I agree you can't expect it, but it does happen e.g. Brian Clough transformed several players including Martin O'Neil and O'Neil transformed Savage and Guppy from ordinary to top players.
As for Puel - if Big Mac is remotely right then he has set out to create a trail of disaster. In any event he is a shockingly bad manager and it will be difficult not to improve once he has gone to wreck another club......won't be in the EPL though.

gents regardless of my views on Puel when a new manager is chosen the chairman will need deep pockets because we need a shit load of additions.

Because it's sensationalist bollocks?

They've dragged up quotes from before the Palace game and made a new article afterwards.

I can only assume they dislike Puel as much as most on here do if this is the kind of shit they are going to spew out.
Tanner like stringer is only interested in his own agenda, Geoff Peters of TalkSport posts on FT a lot making comments about Rudkin and his methods, if Geoff Peters knows about it Tanner and Stringer do, yet when do they talk about it?

Because it's sensationalist bollocks?

They've dragged up quotes from before the Palace game and made a new article afterwards.

I can only assume they dislike Puel as much as most on here do if this is the kind of shit they are going to spew out.

Well...yes...exactly...

We won the league of the back of hard graft with an outstanding midfielder in Kante ( who saw the light and buggered off to Chelsea) Mahrez and Vardy.

I think the history books will show that the whole team were outstanding that year. Do you think Morgan and Huth were just stood at the back watching whilst Mahrez and Vardy were banging them in down the other end?

Robert Huth was good wasn’t he? Wonder what happened to him....surely not completely ignored in spite of conceding early goals and set pieces by the truckload.

Robert Huth was good wasn’t he? Wonder what happened to him....surely not completely ignored in spite of conceding early goals and set pieces by the truckload.
He seems to be behind Benalouane in the pecking order. That alone is worthy of a sacking.

His injury is worse than people thought, he’s not even been playing u23 games after it

In my opinion it’s not a case now of will we or wont we sack Puel … it is just a matter of when.

I am now far more interested in who is going to replace Puel.

Who is potentially available this summer?

Who will be seriously interested in the opportunity?

Are we attractive to ‘quality’ managers who will not be short of other opportunities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566