Post Match QPR 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....Aside from his terrific goal and some patchy running, I didn't really think Vardy did much.....

I assume these comments come after reflection otherwise I'm somewhat confused by the juxtaposition of this assessment of Vardy's performance against your agreement earlier that he was causing QPR problems....

http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1182143

I think your first opinion was correct. There doesn't always have to be a bitter aftertaste.

A very good day. Reading, Brighton, Forest and Leeds all dropping points. Beer time...... :icon_bigg

I want to see the squirrel highlights! Hadn't made it out of bed by the time that happened

I assume these comments come after reflection otherwise I'm somewhat confused by the juxtaposition of this assessment of Vardy's performance against your agreement earlier that he was causing QPR problems....

http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1182143

I think your first opinion was correct. There doesn't always have to be a bitter aftertaste.

I don't see what I said as contradictory at all.

In the match thread, I was responding to someone saying JV shouldn't have been taken off. I was saying that it was a sensible decision because he's been carrying injuries and we have a lot of fixtures ahead. Vardy is key because we don't have anyone better. Our only other decent striker (Wood) is injured. Post match, NP said his calf muscle was tightening.

My comment about JV in the post match thread was in response to people saying how well he'd done. I don't think he played especially well today but his finish was excellent. Just because I don't think he was great today doesn't mean I don't want him in the team on Thursday.

It isn't bitterness to reflect on a game only seeing the positive. It's not realistic to only look at games with blue tinted spectacles. NP picked up on how we'd been fortunate today too.

Actually I thought we were fantastic today! Liam Moore and Wes simply outstanding and our midfield prevented any worthwhile efforts on goal, did We have a save to make? Brilliant..

I don't see what I said as contradictory at all......

It's fairly simplistic.

You quite clearly agreed to the sentiment that he was causing QPR '...all sorts of problems' in the match thread. Agreeing to this surely contradicts '...I didn't think Vardy did very much at all.'

The metaphorical 'bitter aftertaste' I eluded to in my earlier post does not suggest that I think you are bitter, neither does it suggest that I think every win should be met with a fanfare of overly dramatic praise. In simple terms, it was more of a comment on your habit to criticise first and praise later (if, indeed, you have anything positive at all, to say)

For the record, I agreed with your reasoning for his substitution but not your summary of Vardy's performance. In fact, I agree with most of the sensible stuff you write. Your evaluative comments are often very well evidenced. It's just the overly critical analyses that tend to grate on me.

It's fairly simplistic.

You quite clearly agreed to the sentiment that he was causing QPR '...all sorts of problems' in the match thread. Agreeing to this surely contradicts '...I didn't think Vardy did very much at all.'

The metaphorical 'bitter aftertaste' I eluded to in my earlier post does not suggest that I think you are bitter, neither does it suggest that I think every win should be met with a fanfare of overly dramatic praise. In simple terms, it was more of a comment on your habit to criticise first and praise later (if, indeed, you have anything positive at all, to say)

For the record, I agreed with your reasoning for his substitution but not your summary of Vardy's performance. In fact, I agree with most of the sensible stuff you write. Your evaluative comments are often very well evidenced. It's just the overly critical analyses that tend to grate on me.

I'd ignore him, he's clearly in a troll mood tonight, as evidenced by his contributions to the Cardiff thread.

Brilliant day, great result, excellent performance.

Vardy and Nugent both worked really hard, they seemed to be very tired and after 60/70 mins they were taken off. Nothing silly about that in my opinion.

Please can we all take a moment to consider how bad Schlupp was today..... Thanks

the more I see of him the less I think he will be a championship player.

Knockeart played ok I thought, offered an outlet towards the end in particular, only to pass it to Schlupp who was either offside or gave it away.

I think the fullbacks played ok, Konch dealt with the pace and quality of Philips well and De Laet carrys a far greater threat going forward with his pace and clever runs than any other full backs currently on the books.

I didn't see any fall outs from our side, however I did see assou-ekotto and Austin nearly come to blows just before HT.

From JB via Twitter ...

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton
We will bounce back from this. Its a long season. Fair play to Leicester. They stuck to their game plan and defended for their lives.

Not far off your perfect away performance.

You ride your luck but take the opportunity presented to you. We got better as the game wore on I felt (mainly because the players confidence started rise too).

Cracking day out, good atmosphere by the Blue Army

Please can we all take a moment to consider how bad Schlupp was today..... Thanks

the more I see of him the less I think he will be a championship player.

I thought he was a disgrace. Woeful passes out to Dyer. Ducked out of every challenge even when he was more than 50/50 to get the ball. Didn't chase down. Looked totally clueless and disinterested, almost like he was doing it on purpose. Perhaps he was ill.

Schlupp had an off day. No doubt about it.

He was instructed to sit on the last man and got caught offside far too many times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670