QPR 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City 0 QPR 1

'We'll see how we perform when we have to win against a good side'

Didn't that apply today?

There are obvious selection errors going on. Forget Weale - Oakley isn't good enough, Berner needs a chance, Waghorn needs a go over Vassell and, in terms of style, we need new ideas.

We are Blackburn in 1992 when they blew automatic promotion because they brought too many new players into the team, Derby in 93, Wolves in 96, Boro in 2010... All good sides who overspent and assumed they'd get promotion.

The only positive for me is that one of those did actually win promotion in the end. As it stands we have no idea how to deal with direct football, nor how to employ it. We're one small step from making up those five points. A good manager (for the Championship, not for the Portuguese league), with the resources we have at hand, will fix it.

We didn't have to win today or at Cardiff. We do have to win most from here on in though. Probably including Florist away.

Your way off the mark arguing for Waghorn over Vassell. Vassell was comfortably the best forward against Cov last week so you'd have dropped him after that? I don't think Waghorn has done enough to deserve a start. His form is improving from a couple of months ago but he's still got to improve. Today proved that he is still wasteful.

Berner was good when he first came back into the team a while ago. But his last couple of performances were stinkers. Again, he hasn't done anything to merit a sudden reappearance.

Last edited:

As for Berner, well, I saw him twice around Xmas and thought he did ok. He's a physical sort and I think he'd cope better than the likes of Van Aanholt, maybe even Bruma, against the hard nuts.

Which one of these was playing left back today?

troll, troll, troll... where's Macky?? :icon_lol:

I'm laughing hysterically, struggling to type.

The trolling troll, is trolling like a troll

Last edited:

I've got no doubt that he's a more physical sort than Vassell who, frankly, has disappointed me (in what little I've seen).

Then you really have seen little of them. Vassell has done a very good (and underrated) job for us this season, he holds the ball up really well, better than even Howard or Yakubu do. Waghorn gets muscled off the ball far too easily and always has done, the system we play cannot change the fact a player that is easily defended by physical players.

Bruma and Mee were superb today, our best two players easily, there's no way Berner should have got in the side ahead of them.

Last edited:

troll, troll, troll... where's Macky?? :icon_lol:

Probably stuck Syd on ignore list, which we all should if we want to keep whatever sanity we might still have after years of listening to his type on the moan ins.

I feel my resistance is getting weaker as these people magically seem to multiply

No Sven isn't doing a shit job - I honestly don't think that. But any manager who couldn't lift a side who'd finished in the play-offs last year from the bottom of the table (after ten games) to the mid-table (with the best financial backing in the league) would be utterly useless. Sven has so far done no more than what would be expected of any professional manager.

The problem is that sides, in the modern game at least, always figure out how to play against his teams. Exactly the same thing happened with Man City when they won two of their last eighteen or nineteen games a few years ago. If we end up in 5th or 6th he'll have done okay, if we end up mid-table he'll have done exactly what any other manager with that amount of money would have done.

The football looks good, but at the moment it's completely ineffective.

No... Not yet another thread taken over by the ego maniac that is Syd.... With absolutely no respect just fecking do one you prat.

Probably stuck Syd on ignore list, which we all should if we want to keep whatever sanity we might still have after years of listening to his type on the moan ins.

I feel my resistance is getting weaker as these people magically seem to multiply

I've never called a moan-in in my life. For some of you nothing other than blandly nodding in agreement with whoever happens to be in power at the time is enough, isn't it? It must be easy to be a yes man, a nobody, a pawn. Mussolini and Franco loved your sort.

No Sven isn't doing a shit job - I honestly don't think that. But any manager who couldn't lift a side who'd finished in the play-offs last year from the bottom of the table (after ten games) to the mid-table (with the best financial backing in the league) would be utterly useless. Sven has so far done no more than what would be expected of any professional manager.

The problem is that sides, in the modern game at least, always figure out how to play against his teams. Exactly the same thing happened with Man City when they won two of their last eighteen or nineteen games a few years ago. If we end up in 5th or 6th he'll have done okay, if we end up mid-table he'll have done exactly what any other manager with that amount of money would have done.

The football looks good, but at the moment it's completely ineffective.

Can you please explain this best financial backing bit for me? Pretty much all our loans and signings have been signed because of outgoing players this season (Fryatt, Campbell, Morrison brought in about £4.5mil between them in transfer fees and wages saved, plus countless others who have been sold and loaned out).

I would imagine if you placed the fees and wages of the ingoing and outgoing players this season they'd be very little difference.

Last edited:

Didnt take one of the numerous chances we created..............been the story of our season.

No. The story of our season is that after an appalling start under Sousa we have staged a remarkable recovery under Sven. Losing away from home to the best team in the Championship does not change that story.

He's fat and he smells. Ho ho ho. Cue: All single cell organisms gyrate in unison.

Says the man who thinks Newcastle upon Tyne is in Leicestershire :038:

I've never called a moan-in in my life. For some of you nothing other than blandly nodding in agreement with whoever happens to be in power at the time is enough, isn't it? It must be easy to be a yes man, a nobody, a pawn. Mussolini and Franco loved your sort.

I don't really see the need to repeat the arguments that others have put forward in this thread, but if you insist:

I thought we ran the show for most parts of the second half against the best team in the league. I really don't understand most of your arguments. Blaming Ricardo and Bruma for causing some sort of instability in our team? They were two of the best players today.

No. The story of our season is that after an appalling start under Sousa we have staged a remarkable recovery under Sven. Losing away from home to the best team in the Championship does not change that story.

I quite agree, although I am still gutted :icon_sad:

No... Not yet another thread taken over by the ego maniac that is Syd.... With absolutely no respect just fecking do one you prat.

I would have gone ages ago but for your sorts. I try to be polite and acknowledge the fact that forums exist for discussion, and that discussion requires differing points of view, but the Sven supremacists can't have it. You'd have loved David Pleat. You'd have been the guy sitting at home saying he's a nice educated sort while 7,000 of us were paying every week to tell him to sod off.

I bet you love a nice game of Monopoly in the evening don't you? Bland, uninteresting, banal, castrated ****ing also-rans. I shouldn't be bothered though, you'll never cause anyone any harm dribbling colourlessly into the abyss.

Warnock was on RL interviewed by Youngy and was complimenting City and how well they played and that he shook every City players hands and that how good our fans sounded and said he thought the game could have gone either way

Says the man who thinks Newcastle upon Tyne is in Leicestershire :038:

I apologise for not being shit enough to check where all of you live. Obviously Newcastle upon Tyne is infinitely more intriguing a place to fester than Leicester. Sorry.

Seriously, are you all so dumb that you can't see that this side needs to improve? Or that any of our managers since Taylor would have killed for Sven's financial backing, regardless of his starting position?

There are very few neutrals who are impressed by City. Now if we go up, that would be an achievement. Until then, zip up those flies ffs.

Or that any of our managers since Taylor would have killed for Sven's financial backing.

Martin Allen and Ian Holloway both had far more financial backing to spend on players and wages of money which they hadn't brought in than Sven has.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670