QPR 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The commentary was predictabley annoying, they got terribley excited by qpr's goal, best performance on tele by us for a few years, at least 3-4, Edgar Davids would add little to our team when they work as well as they did tonight...

Give me Richie Wellens any day, the man is quite simply awesome.

How good does this look :038:

Code:
Latest Football League Championship Table

P	HW	HD	HL	HGF	HGA	AW	AD	AL	AGF	AGA	Points	GD
Newcastle	14	5	2	0	11	3	3	1	3	10	6	27	+12
Leicester	15	4	2	1	9	5	3	4	1	9	7	27	+6
Cardiff	             14	4	1	2	16	5	4	1	2	14	10	26	+15
West Brom       14	4	1	2	12	6	3	3	1	12	7	25	+11
Middlesbro	14	3	1	3	7	8	4	2	1	15	7	24	+7
Bristol C	14	5	2	0	11	4	1	4	2	6	9	24	+4
QPR	             14	3	3	1	17	8	3	2	2	9	7	23	+11
Blackpool	14	5	2	0	13	2	1	3	3	6	11	23	+6
Preston	             14	3	3	1	12	8	3	2	2	10	11	23	+3
Nottm Forest	14	4	0	3	9	8	2	5	0	7	5	23	+3
Watford      	14	2	3	2	13	14	3	3	1	9	7	21	+1

How good does this look :038:

Code:
Latest Football League Championship Table

P	HW	HD	HL	HGF	HGA	AW	AD	AL	AGF	AGA	Points	GD
Newcastle	14	5	2	0	11	3	3	1	3	10	6	27	+12
Leicester	15	4	2	1	9	5	3	4	1	9	7	27	+6
Cardiff	             14	4	1	2	16	5	4	1	2	14	10	26	+15
West Brom       14	4	1	2	12	6	3	3	1	12	7	25	+11
Middlesbro	14	3	1	3	7	8	4	2	1	15	7	24	+7
Bristol C	14	5	2	0	11	4	1	4	2	6	9	24	+4
QPR	             14	3	3	1	17	8	3	2	2	9	7	23	+11
Blackpool	14	5	2	0	13	2	1	3	3	6	11	23	+6
Preston	             14	3	3	1	12	8	3	2	2	10	11	23	+3
Nottm Forest	14	4	0	3	9	8	2	5	0	7	5	23	+3
Watford      	14	2	3	2	13	14	3	3	1	9	7	21	+1

Only losing 2 in 15 is outstanding.

Result aside I thought that was a brilliant game to watch, I thought every city player was on form tonight, would have been happy with 1-1.
Both teams kinda cancelled each other out in my opinion, I wish at times that Fryatt was less selfish, especially in that instance when he skipped past the keeper in the first half.
My only gripe was the booing from the home fans when Weale got the eye injury, im sorry but he was not time wasting and I'm sure that if the ranger's keeper got injured you would'nt hear the city fans booing. (although they probably would boo Holloway, who was in the sky sports box)
all in all a quality City performance, no complaints from me, and thanks to QPR for a quality championship game!!!!

That was an excellent game. I know I don't get to see City play often, but that's the best I've seen in at least two or three years.

We won that with our work off the ball, which was outstanding. Our organisation was top notch all game. Fryatt looked a constant threat, and as was said in the commentary, Wellens and (hides behind rock) King did boss the midfield.

First one of these I've done in a while...

Weale 8 - didn't put a foot wrong

Neilson 7 - yes, he's a limited player, but if he keeps playing like that he's fine for this level

Brown 8 - likewise, limited, but a feckin brick wall at the back tonight. He looked unbeatable but he needs to stop hoofing

Hobbs 7 - solid, calm. A good signing all round

Berner 8 - great workrate, didn't give much away

Oakley 7 - decent performance given his recent lack of form

Wellens 9 - ran the show

King 8 - composed and in this game, pretty effective

N'Guessan 7 - I wish he'd get more of the ball as he always poses a threat. Worked hard defensively tonight as well

Fryatt 9 - brilliant. I used to be a critic but he's won me over. He's added so much to his game since, well, since Pearson arrived really

Waghorn 7 - raw, but considering he's only 19 and has started only a handful of first team games in his career, he's an exciting prospect

Pearson 10 - QPR have been on fire and have some talented players, but the way we dealt with them was spot on. If we finish above QPR, I reckon we'll be in the playoffs at least. We're second - I don't expect us to finish in the top two, or even the top six necessarily, but any thoughts of another season of struggle have been firmly put to bed.

In summary, anytime you need more babies, Nige, I'll gladly have 'em for you :038: :038: :038:

Fraytt back up there too

Code:
Chopra	Cardiff	11
Whittingham	Cardiff	10
Fryatt	Leicester	9
Johnson	Middlesbrough	8
Maynard	Bristol City	8
Nolan	Newcastle	7

we were unbelieveable, everybody was outstanding, mainly wellens, n'guessan waghorn and fryatt. we held a threat all night long and crowded out their technically talented players superbly, apart from the goal obviously but if you look at the game objectively, it could have been 4 or 5 for us, superduper get in there!

I wish at times that Fryatt was less selfish

I don't.

He's a goalscorer, and if he was less selfish we'd be moaning about his confidence and killer instinct. He misses chances, all the good strikers do.

Pearson 10 - QPR have been on fire and have some talented players, but the way we dealt with them was spot on. If we finish above QPR, I reckon we'll be in the playoffs at least. We're second - I don't expect us to finish in the top two, or even the top six necessarily, but any thoughts of another season of struggle have been firmly put to bed. :

I was going to mention the same about Pearson. The man might be as dull as you can get, but boy is he professional and good at his job.

And as for QPR, I've got nothing against them (apart from their plastic pitch in the 80s) and good on them for their style of football. Hope they join us in the top 6 or top 2.

Pearson 10 - QPR have been on fire and have some talented players, but the way we dealt with them was spot on. If we finish above QPR, I reckon we'll be in the playoffs at least. We're second - I don't expect us to finish in the top two, or even the top six necessarily, but any thoughts of another season of struggle have been firmly put to bed.

In summary, anytime you need more babies, Nige, I'll gladly have 'em for you :038: :038: :038:

Nige clearly made a mistake in going 4-5-1 which contributed to their goal. His redeeming feature was changing back pretty sharply. More of a 9/10. :icon_bigg

Nige clearly made a mistake in going 4-5-1 which contributed to their goal. His redeeming feature was changing back pretty sharply. More of a 9/10. :icon_bigg

Spot on. I was cursing his tactics after they scored, it was a bad move. But he reacted to events and got us the win.

Just come in - not read what anybody else has said, so here are my thoughts unaffected by anybody else:

One of the most organised and purposeful performances that I have ever
seen from a City team. An object lesson in keeping to the shape of
the plan. I thought we would go there to defend, but we never looked
as though a 0-0 draw was on our minds. Did anybody count how many
interceptions Wellens made?

Let's hear what the moaners have to say about that performance!

Absolutely fantastic result. Proud to be a City fan.

Guardian report

Coming into this match Queens Park Rangers were the league's form side, going out of it Leicester City are joint top – for a few hours at least. England manager Fabio Capello took in a rare Championship match and was treated to a highly entertaining encounter, settled by two goals from Matty Fryatt, with a little help from a vociferous away end.
Leicester's pursuit of Edgar Davids this week died on the vine so it looks unlikely the former Tottenham man will be plying his trade in the Championship this season. One current Tottenham player doing so quite impressively is Adel Taarabt.

With 10 minutes on the clock he brilliantly evaded three Leicester tackles before Wayne Brown put a stop to his trickery with a perfectly timed last-ditch tackle. It is just as well the Moroccan's control is so honed because he loathes to pass the ball.

Thrice he shot from distance to no avail and perhaps it would be prudent of the QPR coaching staff to show him the video of his 33rd minute opener, as it came about when he attempted a rare pass, to Wayne Routledge. Understandably a little ring rusty it instead rebounded off Brown and the attacker finished with aplomb from 12 yards. QPR's lead lasted just five minutes. Damion Stewart lost Fryatt as Dany N'Guessan crossed from the right, allowing the striker to nod home from just four yards.

The visitors began the second half the stronger and it was no surprise they went ahead just past the hour mark, even if the circumstances were a little unusual. Leicester's travelling support contributed to a season-high attendance here and they may also claim an assist on the goal.

Radek Cerny in the QPR goal may have been a little unsettled by the away end's less than subtle taunting at his goal-kicks and in the 64th minute he inexplicably played one directly to Fryatt, who advanced into the area before shooting across the hapless Czech.

Routledge, Jay Simpson and Alejandro Faurlin all went close for Jim Magilton's side but to no avail. Much to Cerny's dismay and his tormentors' delight.

I thought we would go there to defend, but we never looked as though a 0-0 draw was on our minds.

Boc, Sky were convinced of the same and spent the first 10 minutes being surprised at our 4-4-2 formation. But why? There is nothing in this league to worry us so much that we should go and play for for a draw from the start.

I think all the players were exceptional tonight. But if I had to pick one player it would have to be Wellens.
He could quite possibly the best central midfielder in the championship.
The ref gave as much as possible to them, and booked three of our team.
Overall they were brilliant.

Boc, Sky were convinced of the same and spent the first 10 minutes being surprised at our 4-4-2 formation. But why? There is nothing in this league to worry us so much that we should go and play for for a draw from the start.

I'm not so sure I was certain of that before this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669