QPR 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I think all the players were exceptional tonight. But if I had to pick one player it would have to be Wellens.
He could quite possibly the best central midfielder in the championship.
The ref gave as much as possible to them, and booked three of our team.
Overall they were brilliant.

I thought the ref had a great game and was very fair. I certainly wouldn't argue about the bookings for N'Guessan and Oakley; I can't remember Neilson's so I'll reserve judgement on that one. We could have had a penalty though.

tedfoxxx

I thought the ref had a great game and was very fair. I certainly wouldn't argue about the bookings for N'Guessan and Oakley; I can't remember Neilson's so I'll reserve judgement on that one. We could have had a penalty though.

Neilson got skinned and kicked their winget, so yeah it was a booking.

Steven

Agree with that. I thought he was pretty sensible and played it tough but fair. :)

TornadoShaunUK

Both were definate bookings. Neilson just got done for pace. Oakley's booking was for a late tackle.

The penalty incident IMO was stone wall, Fryatt having his shirt pulled and being backed into by the defender something rotten.. he was holding the defender's shirt too but what are you gonna do when you are being hauled to the floor? Can't believe we didn't get that but still, a fantastic 3 points..!

Even players we might have had doubts about earlier in the season seem to be coming on a treat. Weale, Neilson and N'Guessan all looking great today, giving a marked improvement over some of their earlier performances, just very impressed how much we are coming on.

Also set pieces looking a lot better today, seems as though we are really working on those corners.

PEN3

That has to be the best team performance by a City team since good knows when (Leeds Utd 4-0 last time we were in the Premiership?). Brown and Hobbs were absolutely immense in defence. Weale has to be the best keeper we have had since Tim Flowers. N'Guessan played well - excellent cross for Fryatt's goal. Wellens - excellent and authoritative as ever. Fryatt and Waghorn - always pestering the home defence.

Come January we need Milan to get his cheque book out ( £ 2-3m) and we can raise a further £ 1.5m by selling Howard, Dyer and Gradel. Extend Waghorn's loan until the end of the season. Spend the cash on a deadly striker (Beckford - £ 1.5m), a decent right back and George Boyd (£ 1m).

Dour

Come January we need Milan to get his cheque book out ( £ 2-3m) and we can raise a further £ 1.5m by selling Howard, Dyer and Gradel. Extend Waghorn's loan until the end of the season. Spend the cash on a deadly striker (Beckford - £ 1.5m), a decent right back and George Boyd (£ 1m).

I think you might need to buy a more recent version of Championship Manager.

Profondo Rosso

That performance was the peak of NP's reign so far, absolutely elated, just fantastic from start to finish, every single player played well tonight.

Leicester are back, Leicester are back. :038::038::038:

Thrax

i dont think we need to change anything, HELLO we're joint top at the moment!

Wombat

Excellent game, good advertisement for Tier 2 football, and to cap it all Fabio Capello I'm sure thinking about Waghorn as the next generations Wayne Rooney!
Certainly a credit to both teams & managers, end-to-end attacking from start to finish, with a decent amount of skill on view in both teams
Probably the best Leicester performance that i've witnessed in the past 10 years. we're usually pants away from home, buty tonight the whole team did well & dominated one of the strogest home teams in the division for 60-70% of the match
Couple of quick opinions from someone who's been watching LCFC since 1969
TWO dangerous forwards playing tonight - we usually struggle to find one
Direct forwards who get the ball and run at the goal - we usually pass it to each other on the edge of the box until we lose posession, afraid to shoot
A "matured" Matt Fryatt looking class
An LCFC that played with confidence, looked comfortable on the ball from front to back, looking to make a telling pass, maintain posession, and run with ball at feet instead of the "hooooof" generation from 3-4 years ago
Two players apart from Fryatt that have been much maligned on the forum this year, having good games (N'Guessan & Nielsen). Good, solid goalkeeper in Weale.
I didn't see one cinical or nasty foul or attempt at diving - what a breath of fresh air.
Glad Edgar Davids isnt coming... he could only bring a 'circus' atmosphere, when we're doing fine with the current bunch of players.
Back to back promotions 2009 & 2010???? That would make a great page in LCFC folklore.

Steven

Game on again in 40 minutes on Sky. :icon_wink

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Unable to see or hear the match. Obvious from all posts that we played an outstanding game, which is wonderful.

However, as this was, with the exception of N'Guessan, essentially the same team that were woeful at times against Reading from the other end of the table, what was different?

Churchillian team talk from Pearson? Different formation? More confidence? What?

spenno

A superb performance! Can't stop smiling.

Every single player played their part (particularly Wellens as others have said and obviously Fryatt), but I think N'Guessan's performance deserves a bit more attention.

His cross for Waghorn's disallowed goal was perfect, and of course his cross for Fryatt's first goal was too. He also put in two or three additional crosses which were inch perfect. He seemed to be positioned very well and he nearly got on the end of Waghorn's cross late on.

Berner as well looked so much more solid at left back than McGivern did on Monday night.

Last edited:

spenno

Unable to see or hear the match. Obvious from all posts that we played an outstanding game, which is wonderful.

However, as this was, with the exception of N'Guessan, essentially the same team that were woeful at times against Reading from the other end of the table, what was different?

Churchillian team talk from Pearson? Different formation? More confidence? What?

Without realising it, I think I might have answered your question in my last post.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Berner also replaced McGivern.

But still a good question. I can't imagine that soemthing that Pearson said wouldn't have had a role in the change. We played an unchanging 4-4-2 for 80 or so minutes of the game. In the comparitively short time that we switched to 4-5-1, they scored. They all seemed to be oozing confidence - they knew exactly what they had to do and they did it very well.

Same old Leicester though this week - struggle against the shite and shine against the top teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669