QPR 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did McGivern play when he came on today anyway? Left mid? It certainly wasn't left back. I assume that was to give the lad a bit of confidence or something after a bad game against Reading...?? Or perhaps Nigel thinks hes better playing further up the pitch?

Where did McGivern play when he came on today anyway? Left mid? It certainly wasn't left back. I assume that was to give the lad a bit of confidence or something after a bad game against Reading...?? Or perhaps Nigel thinks hes better playing further up the pitch?

Yes, left mid I think.

Just back from the match - fecking brilliant. So so impressed with the whole team performance. Stand outs were:

Fryatt - movement, skills and control top rate.
Wellens - Absolute class - best centre mid since Lennon.
Brown - I was with 6 mates who were all neutral and they all thought the big bold lad bossed it at the back and organised the defence brilliantly - i'd be inclined to agree.

Great night

Didn't get in from work til 10.30, sat down to watch the game on Sky+

Ended up watching a lot of it on double speed, cos I'm knackered, but looked a fantastic performance.

Think Waghorn and Fryatt should definetely be our first choice partnership for the time being. Both were immense tonight, and chased everything (as they did against Reading too)... the team tonight had a lot of energy, and was fantastic.

And 2nd in the league? Shit me, I would've taken that at the start of the season!

Well pleased with that! Brilliant stuff.

Weale looks the dogs too... very impressed after seeing him in the last 2 games. Has he been that good all season? I'd got the impression off here and RL (but mainly here) that he was a bit dodgy! Certainly doesn't look it to me!

E I E I O!

After tonight I feel in such a good mood after our wonderful display that I could really see this as being our season something you could not say after Monday nite. In fact This is the Season for Leicester This Is The Season For Us [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZNJQ0NJzXY[/YOUTUBE]

Just back from the pub. Awesome performance to a man. We kept and used the ball so well.

Wellens was my MOM he was outstanding, a brilliant performance. He was everywhere and never gave the ball away. Simple stuff but done brilliantly.

Well done guys what a week!!!!!!

Excellent result. Strong performance. Outstanding preparation and organisation except for foolishly switching the formation in the first half.

Weale impressed and seems to be growing by the week. I like his attitude in interviews. He's hungry to improve and do well.

Berner back made us so much more solid.

King gave easily his best performance of the season but for me was at fault for their goal totally forgetting to track his man.

Oakley and Neilson were both pants. The rest, brilliant.

If we can avoid too many injuries and add a couple of strong players in January, we could conceivably be gong to Wembley in May for a shot at a return to the big time.

Amazing turnaround from NP and co. I salute you.

Excellent result, my only gripe, and it was the same against Reading and contributed to their goal, is that we allow teams a lot of time in front of our box without closing them down. We closed down well all over the pitch except for a hole in front of our D. Other than that a great, organised performance.

Fantastic result and a great performance. Glad to see Berner and N'Guessan back in the team, thought the whole back four were fantastic especially Brown. Wellens was sensational in the middle of the park and either of thse two could have taken the MOTM award.

Two great finishes from Fryatt, but I wasn't overly impressed with Waghorn tonight even though the commentators were raving about him. I was expecting Howard or Gallagher to replace him at half time.

Hardly noticed King again, not sure whether it is because the game just passes him by, or whether he does the simple things so well that you don't notice him?

Just thought I'd share some quotes from a QPR forum which sums things up really well.

"we should be 3 - 0 down by now!"

"We'll need to score four to win this. Which we will."
Reply - "Two would be nice. That Leicesesester look quite good."

"Good team Leicester, and they've done their homework. Pushing up the pitch, closing us tightly all over the gaff."

"We are getting pulled apart tonight"

"Leicester are a decent side. They are denying us space."

"We are trying to match a very good championship team"

"Leicester are incredibly well-organised; I'm very impressed with them."

--------------------

"Hate to say it, but fair result, even though it involved a self inflicted wound."

"Fair play to Leicester who out thought and out fought us."

"The Foxes were the better team tonight."

"Leicester were superb"

"As much as I hate to see QPR lose this was a reality check tonight and we were outplayed."

"I thought Leicester were awesome tonight, proper team display from front to back and played superbly against one of the form teams in the Division tonight."

Well, how about that then?

What can you say? Men against boys. We look very very good....And it's my Birthday, so I am drunk as a skunk and high on the blue boys...

How fecking good is Wellens FFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670