Question for those who went tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the only people who went aren't the type to learn much anyway :icon_lol:

main thing that came out of tonight is .............................

1/ 3-4 players to come

2/ walkers will have the outside touched up work on the inside too

3/ milan wants the walkers to be a 40k + stadium :icon_eek::icon_eek:

4/ fowler was offerd a place but its his lose not ours

5/ we will finish where we finish 3 yr plan still on but would be nice to go up this season

6/ team gelling well (and they did look like a team not like the past few years )

7/ MA over worked the lads in scotland and put that down to us loseing

8/money ready as and when MA needs it :038:

9/ MA made all the players work in and around the walkers today from severing in the shop too planting plants around the walkers and shirt printing in the megastore

a very good night with some very funny bits too

Last edited:
So nothing was learnt then, I know all them answers from this forum alone

I'm guessing the only people who went aren't the type to learn much anyway :icon_lol:

I'd agree with that, not rights everywhere. Newton to my left and Steve Walsh Was God to my right, the gimp in front us really took the biscuit.

Martin if you really want to shake MM's hand just do it, don't pretend to ask for his autograph.....

I'd agree with that, not rights everywhere. Newton to my left and Steve Walsh Was God to my right, the gimp in front us really took the biscuit.

Martin if you really want to shake MM's hand just do it, don't pretend to ask for his autograph.....
You might be able to recieve benefits for that Drew. Give them a call tomorrow, Carers are highly thought of.

So nothing was learnt then, I know all them answers from this forum alone

Got it in one Melts.

I was there, didn't feel I learnt anything new at all.

No declared targets, no details of which areas we are trying to strengthen the squad (MM gave more details in the press previously)

With pre-filtered questions obviously nothing controversial (like Mackay lasting 6 weeks)

Aim of evening

"Blue Eye Specs viewpoints" - chance for chairman, manager, players & fans to bond

"Cynical viewpoint" - lip service to answering fans questions, those received can't really all have been that soft

Last edited:
Got it in one Melts.

I was there, didn't feel I learnt anything new at all.

No declared targets

You seriously expected him to name his transfer targets just so you can know a few days early, ffs.

Wankers the lot of you.

Did you really expect to be told things you didnt already know? Did you really think MM and MA were going to shower you with more bits of exciting information? When ever did you come away from a Q&A event being more informed than when you went in?
This was just an open evening to make the fans feel more a part of the club and its runnings, to ensure you part with more of your cash in the future without a struggle.

You seriously expected him to name his transfer targets just so you can know a few days early, ffs.

spot on Lako me old fruit.

But if MA had told everyone tonight who he was targeting, we would not have told a soul so as to keep it all secret.

My, my you do come across as having a distinct superiority complex. (references to 'superior intelligence' on another recent post)... Just because you come from a posh part of Leicestershire, doesn't make you any better than anyone else. In fact, deep down I suspect you've probably got low self-esteem. Anyway apart from pork-bleeding-pies, with fox hunting banned now, what do you guys get up to out there?
Anyway, back to the thread. I was there. The evening was pretty entertaining and informative, the players did a training work out of various exercises plus a 5 a side gamefor about an hour or so, with MA on the microphone very much instructing them what to do & bantering to the crowd (and the players) for the whole time. So we saw a little inside look into the personality of the man that showed a bit about his approach as well. It was almost fly on the wall stuff, so it was quite interesting. Considering it ran for 2 hours they kept the attention going pretty well. The Q & A itself was a bit bland, predictably, but again there were flashes of wit and insight into the minds and workings of MM & MA. The latter is definately a larger than life character with a self-confidence to match.
His anecdotes about telling the players to work in the office, the shop, the ground & cleaning duties was instructive. He is definately trying to instill a team ethic and work ethic into the club. He spoke about his own working day & work ethic. It's 7.30am to 10pm. The day work involves working with the players and doing deals for new ones ('more to come' he said, but we know that), whilst the evening also involves a lot of in-depth analysis of successful clubs and players and watching videos of them. He seems to have a handle on things. Lets see how he gets on. For once, unlike with past disappointments, the cliche of (& it was uttered tonight) that 'it won't be for lack of trying' was thoroughly believable.

My, my you do come across as having a distinct superiority complex. (references to 'superior intelligence' on another recent post)... Just because you come from a posh part of Leicestershire, doesn't make you any better than anyone else. In fact, deep down I suspect you've probably got low self-esteem. Anyway apart from pork-bleeding-pies, with fox hunting banned now, what do you guys get up to out there?.
Brilliant :icon_lol:

Check out the context of that other thread, you'll realise why I worded it like that. In fact I'm surprised you haven't already worked out.

What do we get up to in Melton?, we laugh at inferior folk, it's a great pastime we have. We have now taken to shooting them and sending our Beagles after them when they attempt to drive through this posher part of Leicestershire.

Sometimes I try not have this superiority complex, but is really only their by default as your inabilty to understand my humour proves.

your inabilty to understand my humour proves.

Humour

"One of the four fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, choler, and black bile, whose relative proportions were thought in ancient and medieval physiology to determine a person's disposition and general health"

I understand

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673