Question for those who went tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wankers the lot of you.

Did you really expect to be told things you didnt already know? Did you really think MM and MA were going to shower you with more bits of exciting information? When ever did you come away from a Q&A event being more informed than when you went in?
This was just an open evening to make the fans feel more a part of the club and its runnings, to ensure you part with more of your cash in the future without a struggle.

Shame about the last few closing words that the evening was to persuade fans to part with cash more easily, because the rest of what you wrote at the beginning was correct... MA said he would not name his targets very early on in the Q&A and I certainly did not expect anything else before I went tonight. It was about as you say trying to establish a closer bond with the fans and laying on a bit of a treat for them too. They (the staff, MA, MM) went to a lot of effort preparing this, and gave up an evening to. They didn't have to. I doubt its sold a single extra ticket to a match. I don't think there were any ulterior motives for tonight -and I'm not critical that in terms of information it was quite bland. I just wanted to see and hear MM and MA speak for an extended period to get more of a feel for what these two guys are about. I think the evening provided that.

Last edited:
Brilliant :icon_lol:

Check out the context of that other thread, you'll realise why I worded it like that. In fact I'm surprised you haven't already worked out.

What do we get up to in Melton?, we laugh at inferior folk, it's a great pastime we have. We have now taken to shooting them and sending our Beagles after them when they attempt to drive through this posher part of Leicestershire.

Sometimes I try not have this superiority complex, but is really only their by default as your inabilty to understand my humour proves.

:018:

Humour

"One of the four fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, choler, and black bile, whose relative proportions were thought in ancient and medieval physiology to determine a person's disposition and general health"

I understand
Why have you reverted to the middle aged tongue, "Humour" has a different meaning now :102:

I wouldn't have paid to go, although i would pay again to see SWWG squirm on live TV.

I wasn't expecting any ground breaking rumours.

It was good to see how MA interacted with the squad, although i did think he was laying it on a bit thick at times.

Shame about the last few closing words that the evening was to persuade fans to part with cash more easily, because the rest of what you wrote at the beginning was correct... MA said he would not name his targets very early on in the Q&A and I certainly did not expect anything else before I went tonight. It was about as you say trying to establish a closer bond with the fans and laying on a bit of a treat for them too. They (the staff, MA, MM) went to a lot of effort preparing this, and gave up an evening to. They didn't have to. I doubt its sold a single extra ticket to a match. I don't think there were any ulterior motives for tonight -and I'm not critical that in terms of information it was quite bland. I just wanted to see and hear MM and MA speak for an extended period to get more of a feel for what these two guys are about. I think the evening provided that.

its all about fecking money and sales. Do you really think they did this out of the goodness of their hearts? No they did it to sell. It was on the radio and TV and no doubt in the papers too, shouting to the county that this event was going to be on. They were quick enough to open up the kiosks with their new inflated prices.

I wouldn't have paid to go, although i would pay again to see SWWG squirm on live TV.

I wasn't expecting any ground breaking rumours.

It was good to see how MA interacted with the squad, although i did think he was laying it on a bit thick at times.

SWWG on one of the gay channels then?

Brilliant :icon_lol:

Check out the context of that other thread, you'll realise why I worded it like that. In fact I'm surprised you haven't already worked out.

What do we get up to in Melton?, we laugh at inferior folk, it's a great pastime we have. We have now taken to shooting them and sending our Beagles after them when they attempt to drive through this posher part of Leicestershire.

Sometimes I try not have this superiority complex, but is really only their by default as your inabilty to understand my humour proves.

Dear Sir Melton of Melton,
I think your typing of 'their <sic> for 'there' has already been pointed out. My, my did you have a state education rather than a private one, otherwise the money appears not to have been very well spent. Anyway, keep on hunting - members of the underclass and the great unwashed I mean <now that foxes are protected). Will you sever their heads and stick them on your walls or return them to the council estates from whence they came?

Last edited:
Just because you come from a posh part of Leicestershire

You could always go to Melton. And then mebbe rethink what posh is.

the evening also involves a lot of in-depth analysis of successful clubs and players and watching videos of them.

Lolling around on the sofa, beered up, watching footie vids. Yup, that's what it takes to put a ful day in in the office.l

Dear Sir Melton of Melton,
I think your typing of 'their <sic> for 'there' has already been pointed out. My, my did you have a state education rather than a private one, otherwise the money appears not to have been very well spent. Anyway, keep on hunting - members of the underclass and the great unwashed I mean <now that foxes are protected). Will you sever their heads and stick them on your walls or return them to the council estates from whence they came?
Brilliant :038:

Your reply is to berate me on a typo and the sterotype of the Borough of Melton Mowbray. Go on, sling in a Stilton Cheese and Scarcrow insult just for good measure, I haven't heard one of those for a few days

Truly wonderful

I bet consty comes from Stocking Farm if he thinks Melton is posh...

I bet consty comes from Stocking Farm if he thinks Melton is posh...

Be careful thats where i live, must admit the house prices went up when i moved in though.

I remember some prick saying to me once that Stocking Farm is the posh bit of Beaumont Leys and i should admit that i really lived in BL.

Last edited:
I remember some prick saying to me once that Stocking Farm is the posh bit of Beaumont Leys and i should admit that i really lived in BL.

Quite right. He should have whispered it once he knew you lived there.

Be careful thats where i live, must admit the house prices went up when i moved in though.

Well somebody has to live there.....

and do you therefore consider Melton posh?

Last edited:
I was gonna say "there's nothing wrong with Beaumont Leys", but that was over 30 years ago that I was there!!!

Not for much longer, it was quite a come down from Rutland :(

A while ago i had a letter through the door from the police investigation body. I was loading my car up for hols and saw two coppers face plant this pissed up old thug into the pavement, he came off pretty badly. Of course i kept stum.

Then the other week i popped into Jacksons for some milk, the woman behind the counter said "ere you know thats that organic stuff, right?".

There is also a local couple who think nothing of battering each other in the street, much to mine and the missus delight, its a regular occurance on Halifax Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669