Questions for the Foxes Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this straight, by reporting to the club information that is available in the local media and on the world wide web, the Trust has now found its raison d'etre? :102:

From the published aims (which haven't changed)

"Our Aims

• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions."

We can't imagine MM ploughing through the message boards, although maybe informed of opinion from the Mercury, but it is all assumptions. Our communication however has been confirmed as passed to MM

"Our Aims

• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions."

We can't imagine MM ploughing through the message boards, although maybe informed of opinion from the Mercury, but it is all assumptions. Our communication however has been confirmed as passed to MM

Just out of interest, who confirms this and whats to say he read it? Its not Peter Jones is it?

The Trust advised the club not to appoint JG (if paper stories of him being on the short list were true) as it would receive a negative reaction from the fans and hinder any further season ticket sales (indeed some are indicating wanting their money back if appointed).

Our views were acknowledged by the now departed Chief Exec & passed onto to both MM and the new chief exec.

In terms of answering your question, we published the stats of various linked names on our website & JG's was the worst, so if appointed it defies all logic
It's a relief to know you are all on top of the situation

The Trust advised the club not to appoint JG (if paper stories of him being on the short list were true) as it would receive a negative reaction from the fans and hinder any further season ticket sales (indeed some are indicating wanting their money back if appointed).

Our views were acknowledged by the now departed Chief Exec & passed onto to both MM and the new chief exec.

In terms of answering your question, we published the stats of various linked names on our website & JG's was the worst, so if appointed it defies all logic

A very smart move F.T.

I know your game! - you really want Gregory and are relying on MM remembering your previous disastrous advice re. Warnock and taking the opposite action to your counsel.

I always thought you lot were a bit dim - many apologies, I take it all back.

"Our Aims

I hope someone at the club does so that they can see the general feeling towards the trust, I'd hate to think that they actually think you speak for the majority of fans.

I hope someone at the club does so that they can see the general feeling towards the trust, I'd hate to think that they actually think you speak for the majority of fans.

I'd also hate to think they would take the people on here as a scientific sample of the fans

No-one would have been able to predict the season we've just had in August of last year.
But you were suggesting that he should listen to the fans again because last season the ST sales increased we didn't appoint Warnock.

I was merely stating that we shouldn't make the same mistake again.

I'd also hate to think they would take the people on here as a scientific sample of the fans

I agree totally with that, as a proportion of the fan base the FT, Supporters Club, forums etc are not representative, taking the views of any of them as 'The voice of the fans' would be a total misrepresentation.

I agree totally with that, as a proportion of the fan base the FT, Supporters Club, forums etc are not representative, taking the views of any of them as 'The voice of the fans' would be a total misrepresentation.

Quite so. I am the voice of the fans.

But the point I was making was that you were suggesting that your feelings , and those of a few others, represented the "general view" of the FT. I would suggest that the "general view" is indifference/don't know who they are.

But the point I was making was that you were suggesting that your feelings , and those of a few others, represented the "general view" of the FT. I would suggest that the "general view" is indifference/don't know who they are.

No I believe that most couldn't care less about the FT, these forums, the letters to the mockery etc and I don't believe that my views would ever be described as "general", my opinion of the trust is just that (my opinion). I was balancing the trusts 'we've told them what the fans think'.

They are not representative.

If anything they represent a 'lowest common denominator' factor.

The Warnock situation is the classic example. There were prejudices against Warnock based on irrationalities. The FT dressed up those prejudices and served them up to Mandaric.

I imagine even the FT officials are just about bright enough to now appreciate the folly of their actions. Based on their track record, they should keep out of these situations and content themselves with lobbying on ticket prices etc.

"Our Aims

Thank goodness for that. Let's hope that the fans don't take the initiative of contacting the club directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669