Quick quick quick CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darth Vodka said:
i'm more optimistic about him than most

he's sounds ok

him and riordan would be interesting

and still enough to buy someone else (left back)

With Hume and Hammond, we'd have spent £800,000, and to be honest I can't see us spending anymore of it, at least not until January.

Graz said:
£500,000, rising to £750,000 if we get promoted, with a 10% sell on fee.

Looks like he'll be all we get then, I hope he's good!

good to see Brian Little still helping us out ;)

alex said:
Bloody hell, I am surpirsed and over-the-moon if true....

So is he a good player?

I know nothing about him, other than he plays for Tranmere, and is presumably Scottish ;)

What type of player? Pacey striker or big targetman?

alex said:
Nope, they just offered him a £10 000 per week deal, doubt we can match that.
DC would've been on atleast that. your top striker (as nugent would be) is worth going the extra mile for

Graz said:
So is he a good player?

I know nothing about him, other than he plays for Tranmere, and is presumably Scottish ;)

What type of player? Pacey striker or big targetman?

i posted some stats earlier, he was born in edingburgh but plays for canada.

he is 5 ft 7 inch and 11 stone 2 pounds

in hic carrer hes scored 0.21 goals per game :( and has only played for tranmere. I have not seen him play though, sounds like alex has and likes him...

Hume is Canadian, can fit on the wing or in the middle and has scored some truly great goals....A good signing IMO.

Nathan said:
DC would've been on atleast that. your top striker (as nugent would be) is worth going the extra mile for

You reckon he was on that much? Really?

drummindefender said:
i know nothing about hume but his stats don't really sound prolific:102:

No goals yet this season, 16 last season.

Iain Hume is in the Tranmere Rovers history books. On making his first team debut as a substitute at the County Ground against Swindon in April 2000, he became the youngest player to wear a Tranmere shirt at the age of just 16 years and 167 days. He took this record off one Dixie Dean, and will be hoping to achieve some of Dixie's other records too. That would be nice, wouldn't it?

He is a Scottish-born Canadian and if anyone hears him talking, he has a Scouse accent to boot! Born in Edinburgh, he emigrated with his family to Canada at a very young age. He was a member of the Canadian premier soccer academy that toured England in 1998 that faced a Tranmere Under 16 side. This is where the small, robust forward was spotted by Rovers' scouts and shortly after he signed schoolboy terms at Prenton Park.

On turning 17, manager at the time John Aldridge handed Hume his first professional contract and eased him into the first team with many substitute appearances. In fact it wasn't until October 2001 that Iain actually made his full debut for Rovers against Cardiff City.

It wasn't until the 2002/03 season that the Canadian actually forced himself into the team on a regular basis. Over 2 years passed after his debut at Swindon before he bagged his first senior goal for the club, scoring Rovers' goal in a 1-1 home draw against Peterborough. He formed a good partnership in attack with Simon Haworth during this period and ended the season on a high. He scored spectacular goals against Blackpool and Cardiff City, the latter voted Rovers' Goal of the Season. He also achieved the accolade of Rovers' Young Player of the Year 2002/03 as well to cap off a good season for the pacey frontman.

He may not be the tallest player but his enormous leap means he can be dangerous in the air but it is his extreme pace and skill which gives defenders nightmares and delights the Tranmere supporters.

A full Canadian international and a potential match-winner, Hume is a vital part of the Rovers squad.

Hopefully will do the business for us.

Which wing does he play on? left or right? Either way, thats quite good as well. I'd still like us to get one more striker I think, but maybe I'm just worrying too much

If he manages his current striking rate and plays in all the league games he will score 8 goals. Hume is not the answer to our goal scoring problems. :icon_sad:

Steven said:
If he manages his current striking rate and plays in all the league games he will score 8 goals. Hume is not the answer to our goal scoring problems. :icon_sad:

bloody hell, give him a chance. if he'd have scored 10 already we couldn't afford him

Good God, people on the other site are now already calling for Levein's head! Bit of an over reaction there! It probably isn't even his choice for Connolly to leave!

I knew he'd be a bit Scottish. :icon_lol:

If we have got 2 million for Connolly then we have the money to choose between several strikers (even allowing for the fact that they might not be paying it all up front, or agents fees etc). But we still need to choose carefully and I can't see why we'd pick Hume over the likes of Boyd and Riordan (unless they've turned us down). He only scored 15 league goals last season at a lower level to ours, is he going to be our 20-a-season striker? He is young and that's good of course but I still think we could do better... of course we might be after another striker as well, but I find that unlikely...

Considering Riordan turned down Cardiff, maybe he didn't want to come here either? Or maybe CL didn't want him because he feels he doesn't fit the style of play, wouldn't link well with other strikers, or because of his reported attitude problems? Who knows? I'm trusting CL on this one for now... especially since I've never seen Hume play ;)

I do still think we need another striker though, and as you say, I'm not sure that will happen. Come on, give us something.

The OS hasn't got anything at all yet ;) I guess we need to complete the Connolly deal before we can complete the signings of any other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669