Rab

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the main i thought it was quite encouraging last night. We were the better side imo for a fair chunk of the game. Should have made it 3-1 when we fluffed a good chance and that for me was the crucial moment. At that point we looked confident and we looked like a side with goals in us. The remainder was a disappointment. After the equalizer we seemed to lose belief that we could shake them off and the mental toughness required evaporated. I don't believe Rab could do much about both headers but my criticism is that his feet seem planted and thus the agility is not there. The penalty was iffy but Rab made it easy for the officials to make a decision.

tsmiggy said:
I cannot think of any reason why we cant give Henderson a chance.

Lillestrøm 5 - four of them from crosses!

Hazzman said:
I got worried at the penalty, I thought Douglas off and we have no keeper on the bench. I wonder who would go in goal? Kisborno? Gerrbrand?

Joey apparently!!

Fox Fan said:
Your just plain wrong. Rab is as good as we could possiably get.

WE ARE NOT A BIG CLUB!

WE WILL NOT SIGN BIG NAMES

WE WONT BE COMPETEING WITH MAN U FOR PLAYERS

Get Over It!

Rab is perfectly fine for this leauge, the one thing we dont need is a load of arm chairs calling for him to be dropped. I'd rather you slung you hook than him!

THE LEICESTER!

Good post!
:038: :038: :038:

DurhamFox said:
Doubt it's anwhere near that TBH.

I heard somewhere that theres only actually about 60mins of play in any match, and the rest is stoppages, throw ins, goal kicks, subs and general messing about. Im not sure how reliable this is as i can't remeber who actually said it. Old age eh?

Last edited:
Fox Fan said:
Your just plain wrong. Rab is as good as we could possiably get.

WE ARE NOT A BIG CLUB!

WE WILL NOT SIGN BIG NAMES

WE WONT BE COMPETEING WITH MAN U FOR PLAYERS

Get Over It!

Rab is perfectly fine for this leauge, the one thing we dont need is a load of arm chairs calling for him to be dropped. I'd rather you slung you hook than him!

THE LEICESTER!

So does that mean if you have doubts about someone you can't voice them on a FORUM for fear of being labelled an armchair fan.

I've been going down to watch Leicester play for years and years, and now even though I'm not in Leicester I still make the journey. I don't think that because someone expresses a concern it makes them any less of a fan, and I think it is unfair to chastise someone for a legitimate opinion.

If Rab had been blindingly good all season I would side with you and fully agree. Everyone does indeed make mistakes and it would be unfair to slag someone off every time they did. However Rab has been very shaky all season long, and has repeated the same manouver that gave away that penalty on many occassions this season. An incident against Coventry (that he was lucky to get away with) springs to mind, the first day against Sheffield United in a game that could have gone either way. Those are just two occassions where he has gone for a players legs, there are others!

Who could also forget the beautiful moment where he wasn't content with beating Watford and rolled that beauty of a ball out to Tiatto for Watford's equaliser. There are loads more incidents!!! Just about every game I have seen he has made me and everyone around me nervous.

No one is saying we have to compete with clubs like Man United, and to suggest that we can't get a good goalkeeper on that basis is a cop out! There are clubs in similar situations to us with very good keepers, keepers like Kenny, Nieme, Coyne (who we f*cking gave away...cheers Micky), the list goes on. Or alternatively we could have started by offering the goalkeeper we had last year (who wanted to stay and re-negotiate a deal) a new contract, but we didn't.

At times Rab is very good, but more often than not very very costly.

SilverFox said:
Rab [...] has repeated the same manouver that gave away that penalty on many occassions this season. An incident against Coventry (that he was lucky to get away with) springs to mind, the first day against Sheffield United in a game that could have gone either way. Those are just two occassions where he has gone for a players legs, there are others!

He did it twice against Cov - on neither occasion was a foul given against him and on the second occasion, th attacker was booked for simulation. There have been at least three players booked for simulation after trying to make it seem as though Rab has fouled them in such circumstances. On the other hand, this was not the first penalty to be awarded because of it!

I would say that Rab is an adequate keeper at the level at which we fin ourselves and we are not likely to find much better. But I would dearly love him to STOP diving at the feet of opponents - it is too risky - it makes me too nervous - and I don't think the benefits outweigh the risks.

In this latest incident his sheer bulk had forced the Stoke attacker wide; wide enough to mean that he would have found it difficult to score after rounding the keeper - don't forget that the ref did not send Rab off, so he must have considered that the goal-scoring opportunity had passed. And that has also been the case in other games, Preston away for one.

It is a very difficult job to get the ball off the toe of an onrushing attacker in the way that he attempts to do it. He's got to get his arms in there, get the ball and get his arms out again - all without touching the opponent and without the opponent touching him. Every attacker will make the most of the slightest contact, even if they don't actually dive. Too risky - so STOP DOING IT, RAB!!

webmaster said:
What do you mean by 'commanding his defense'?

For the first one the defence did nothing wrong. Dion was in the correct position, the only way he'd have been able to challenge for the ball was by being on the wrong side of Sidibe. The fault was in allowing the player to make the cross. Maybe Rab should be 'commanding the midfield' too.

For the second one it wasn't a great challenge by Maybury, but again the biggest fault was in allowing the cross to happen.

The defense will play at a different level when they have low confidence in their keeper, it was apperent throughout the game how much they needed to shield him. When it comes to crosses a good keeper will tell his players what not go for and what to go for, and the ones they dont go for I expect him to come out, if he isnt coming out I expect him to make his defenders go for it. This was defenitly apperent on their 3rd goal, the 2nd goal I felt was more dublin to blame and their midfielder having a quarter of the pitch to himself to place the cross.

highland fox said:
I have serious doubt about Hughes,sure he is a decent player but he seems very very injury prone and I don't think he 's got the ideal physique for the game.A few Rangers fans I've spoke to have said he was a good prospect there but basically is too 'lightweight' If an offer came in for him in January I would seriously consider selling him,we can't afford to have players who regardless of how talented they might be are spending more time in the Treatment Room than they are on the pitch.

With hughes the problem is for us to go on a winning run we need players to not be injured every other game as it causes instability in the lineup. If he cant stay fir for at least 5 games in a row then his skill is less of an asset.

SilverFox said:
I also find it funny that Levein said Nissa let us down. How many times has Rad let us down without comment. It seems to me that Levein has a few untouchable golden boys, who in his eyes can't do wrong.

:038: i agree silver

I'd stick Kisnorbo in goal. He probably can't catch, but at least when the attackers threaten the goal, he'd threaten them back. :icon_roll

I have not read all the posts in this thread, I started to consider self harm after two pages.

Douglas is not the best keeper we have had, he's nowhere near the best in the division, but we didnt lose the Stoke game because of him. We lost it because we didnt take the chances we had to put ourselves out of reach, we didnt dig in and defend like the tough gets you have to be, and we didnt challenge for balls in and around our box. We didnt have the bottle to see it through and we had some bad luck too, but then everyone does from time to time.

Hard to watch in te end, so disappointing and so frustrating. Our inconsistency is almost predictable.

Now I have to go fecking Christmas Fecking shopping with Mrs Masala and she is waving my credit card round like a fecking light sabre.

Is a shopping trip really your destiny?, Search your feelings!

LiverpoolFox said:
Is a shopping trip really your destiny?, Search your feelings!

No choice mate, she is all powerful and mighty and can disable a man with just one awful yack of her gob.

:102: Hmm, I see a pattern forming here as Mrs LiverpoolFox also posesses that particular ability, brrr it's cold under the thumb isn't it??!!:102:

LiverpoolFox said:
:102: Hmm, I see a pattern forming here as Mrs LiverpoolFox also posesses that particular ability, brrr it's cold under the thumb isn't it??!!:102:

When you get a little (a lot?) older, you will find that there is a definite solution to this problem. As soon as you are old enough get a SAGA credit card and get a second card for SWMBO - women being what they are, she will *never* use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669