Racist orgy shame caught on camera during Thailand end of season tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacked ?

Is that all ?

We didn't even chop off their naughty dirty tadgers, or even kill them a little bit ?

FFS, what a truly shameful club

From the City site.....

Leicester City Football Club has notified Tom Hopper, Adam Smith and James Pearson that their contracts with the club have been terminated.
The decision follows the conclusion of an internal investigation and disciplinary proceedings, as a consequence of events that took place during the Club’s end-of-season goodwill tour of Thailand.

Leicester City Football Club is acutely aware of its position, and that of its players, as a representative of the city of Leicester, the Premier League, the Football Association and the Club’s supporters. It is committed to promoting a positive message of community and family values and equality, and to upholding the standards expected of a Club with its history, tradition and aspirations.

The Club will make no further comment on the investigation, its finding or outcomes.

While people can argue about the fairness or otherwise of the decision it does make business sense. The club has shown the people of Thailand and the rest of football that the behaviour is unacceptable. Remembering that the orgy took place on an official club trip any other decision would have seemed like letting the players off.

While people can argue about the fairness or otherwise of the decision it does make business sense. The club has shown the people of Thailand and the rest of football that the behaviour is unacceptable. Remembering that the orgy took place on an official club trip any other decision would have seemed like letting the players off.

Plus the fact that none of them are particularly talented on the football field makes it an easy choice for the club, they just wanted to follow due process

The right decision by the club in my opinion. It certainly sends out the right message.

Probably the only decision available - but it could still cause some stresses within the club - for obvious reasons. I hope not.

I am firmly of the opinion that in the world market in which the club now operates the image and the reputation of the Club has come above all other considerations. The three idiots who tarnished that image in Thailand deserve to be sacked. Simpson by his actions also deserves to be sacked. This is not about the 'Law' either here or in Thailand, its about four adult men and their respective obnoxious behaviours which has had such a negative impact on the organisation which employed them.

Clearly the correct decision. Relieved that it's finally been dealt with in a way that shows that our club has some moral compass. I sincerely hope the three fail to walk into another cushy contract elsewhere. Instead it would be good if they learnt a little about the real world.

For the record, I don't think Simpson should be sacked. His action was conducted in his home when not on official business. It was not filmed or publicised in some gratuitous manner. It was denied by Simpson and his alleged victim. It's the sort of 'domestic' case that only got to court because he's a relatively famous footballer. I am happy to conclude that Simpson is a thoroughly unpleasant character, but his actions are not comparable in terms of how our club should respond.

Having said that, were he to be moved on this summer, I wouldn't object.

I'd be interested in hearing the miscreants' side of the story, (at least the pretrumping phase of the evening) unless they've signed a non-disclosure clause having been paid off rather than sacked.

Clearly the correct decision. Relieved that it's finally been dealt with in a way that shows that our club has some moral compass. I sincerely hope the three fail to walk into another cushy contract elsewhere. Instead it would be good if they learnt a little about the real world.

For the record, I don't think Simpson should be sacked. His action was conducted in his home when not on official business. It was not filmed or publicised in some gratuitous manner. It was denied by Simpson and his alleged victim. It's the sort of 'domestic' case that only got to court because he's a relatively famous footballer. I am happy to conclude that Simpson is a thoroughly unpleasant character, but his actions are not comparable in terms of how our club should respond.

Having said that, were he to be moved on this summer, I wouldn't object.
Jesus

Hopefully we can move on now

The club made the right decision. It may also be seen as sad. Three young men behaved very badly and very stupidly and that will follow them for the rest of their lives. No doubt three proud mums have spent years praising their sons and they deserve our sympathy.

Drummin as usual has it right - move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566